Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023
I've used the Imperator to CK3 save converter and have been having a great time making the Lusitanian Empire the biggest, bestest thing. It started in 0 AD, and right now I'm in year 500 with everything pretty much stabilized. As I'm thinking of going all the way up to Stellaris, I've decided to not conquer everything and instead I've been focusing in keeping Iberia and Africa (only the north and center) part of the Empire. I sometimes just go conquer a kingdom and give it to one of my sons or family members and see if they can keep it or not (so far, they established control over Brittania and Normandy).

My current Emperor is pretty sweet, the guy is paranoid so I had to get learning done ASAP so I wouldn't die from stress and the guy just became a god at war and doesn't get stressed anymore. I'll probably conquer Egypt and Nubia with him and just gift those areas to his sons.

I did have one question, though, it's not possible to have several accolades that buff the same type of MAA regiment, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023
Hey, I have a question.

I changed my religion to one where there is an analogue for the Pope, so I no longer am a Head of Faith but one of my vassals is. Because I like to see the same color, I decided to just give him independence and then I thought, "Hey, no biggie, I'll just invade him later and end the religion", because I'd never be able to convert him or his lands otherwise.

The guy somehow has 30 000 men as mercenaries and I just can't figure how. I have, like, 8000 as mercenaries if I hire all available companies. How does he have so many? Oh, and they refresh almost instantly too, because I killed several of those mercenary armies and he just keeps on trucking.

The year is 767.

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023

Grillfiend posted:

vanilla starts in 867 or 1066 so you are playing some kind of mod, in which case the weird merc thing is probably something that mod does

It's a save converter from Imperator to CK3, it's the only mod and I didn't see anyone else ever doing this. Might be a bug or something. I just found it odd because it means he has has access to at least 10 or 15 mercenary companies.

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023

Bird in a Blender posted:

Are you sure they’re not holy orders?

I think they are not, because his faith is an ofshoot of mine and I can't hire Holy Orders when at war with him.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Also, like, where is this pope analogue located compared to you? The mercenary pools are region-based IIRC, their region may simply have access to more (I don't think it's ever been explained how that is calculated but I assume it's dynamic somehow just from observed behavior).

He is in Nubia and Taifa. Well, not Taifa anymore, I conquered it back. He's right next to me.