Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Ok, I'm hoping I'm missing something crazy simple here, but I just can not get this drat thing to work.

Problem description: My Linksys EA7500 router is working enough to let me connect to the internet via ethernet cable, but is no longer sending out wifi and won't give me access to the configuration window. When I try to navigate to the router's IP address I get , and if I try to connect via LinksysSmartWifi.com I get . I already have a Linksys account, but I can't associate the router with it, because everything redirects me to that window again.

Attempted fixes: I've factory reset the router a couple times, rebooted the computer and the router (together and individually), turned off my firewall, turned off AVG, tried loading the page in MS Edge, turned off and on the Automatic Proxy settings in Windows, run a network reset in Windows a few times, cleared my browser cache/data, and flushed my DNS cache.

Recent changes: I downloaded NordVPN and that's when the issues started. The internet was working, but it would keep cutting out and was running very slow, so I tried to go to my router settings to see what I could do to get it working properly. That's when the router settings page stopped working, but I was able to get it running again (but doing the stuff above). NordVPN was still giving me internet issues though, so I tried updating the firmware with this link with the file under Firmware OpenWrt snapshot Install URL. The internet was still acting up so I decided it wasn't worth the headache, and uninstalled NordVPN completely. That's when I noticed the router page wasn't giving me access again and tried to get it working. This time I've done everything I did before, multiple times, and it just will not work. I figure it's got something to do with the firmware, but I figured that factory resetting the drat thing would take care of that. If I need to re-install the previous firmware I have the file on hand but I wouldn't know how to do that without access to the dang configuration window.

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

System specs:
Router: Linksys EA7500 v2
Manufacturer: Micro Electronics
Processor: Intel Core i7-9700KF 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM: 16 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super
Motherboard: Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yeah, in fact making this thread was a last resort before I throw the dang router into a lake.

Edit: Eh, nevermind y'all. I've decided to just get a new dang router. Fighting with this drat thing any more is just not worth the headache, and routers aren't too expensive. It gives me an excuse to check out some storage drives at Micro Center anyway.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I did reach out to Linksys techical support (just got off the phone with them) and they weren't able to help either. They're under the impression that my router just glitched out or something coincidentally around the time I tried to get the vpn set up and of course it's out of warranty so I'm SOL. She basically just had me try and factory reset my router a couple of times also, and then had me check to make sure my power source was giving the output that it should. If none of you guys have any ideas I guess I'm using my ISP's janky router until I can get to a store and buy a new dual band one. Any recommendations in case I do need a new router?