Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

All that space and only four face buttons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
New info about the folding retroid, guess the sticks click in and are Hall effect

https://twitter.com/Retroid0fficial/status/1636337753783775237?s=20

Wish they would have done more with the extra space they have like add a C and a Z button or something.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

MarcusSA posted:

The steam deck is on sale and $360 is a hell of a value

I wish I could borrow someones deck for thirty minutes. does valve have a good return policy? My hands are small enough that even using those hori switch cons give me cramps but standard joy cons are just fine

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How long did it take for the 3+ to come out after the 3 normal

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can get away with not having analogue sticks but being able to use L2/R2 without the need for a toggle button is worth paying more and getting something modern

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The reason I didn’t mind paying a premium for the Pocket is that it doesn’t have to deal with retroarch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
On PC I use Bizhawk for what it can play and standalone for everything else. On my laptop I use openemu which has a sane UI but it hasn’t been updated in a while

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
stick in the wrong place you hate to see it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d like to see how strong that hinge is before I consider it. How well does the Retroid 3+ run N64 and Saturn? My 353M is kinda spotty with Saturn but is bad at N64

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
4:3 screens are cool. If only they didn’t mess with the stick placement or else I’d be all over this one

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He seems like he’s unwell

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Any major problems with the 405M? Might upgrade from my 353M since Saturn supposedly runs better though I’m not too keen on relying on Android

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Purple SNES is classy, the shape of the US console being lame I'll give you but the color scheme is aces

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve seen some Flip reviews and it seems kinda mid, anyone here pick one up? I was interested in the purple one but I’m on the fence

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
that's a thick boy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
God help me I just bought a flip. It looks so goofy in that video that it endeared me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can you install SteamOS on it?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I got my goofy Flip a day or so ago and I think it’s neat. I setup retroid launcher before realizing that there are multiple launchers you could use. Are any of them good enough that it’s worth redoing everything?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s my first retroid so I’m not sure how it compares there but it’s about as comfortable as my RG353M and more comfortable than my Analogue pocket, it feels like a thicker 2DS XL if you have one of those. No cramps for me but I do have baby hands. It’s surprisingly compact, more portable than a 3DS XL or a Vita and It slips into my pants pocket easy enough, but it’s more noticeable throughout the day due to its thicc body and flared triggers compared to the 353m which I barely feel in my pocket

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think they have one more revision. Just something reveled on a Tuesday afternoon then released a week later like the 2DS XL

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Seems like a missed opportunity, people spend $600 on a prebuilt mister and would jump on a $250 version in a fancy box even if openFPGA is kinda half baked by comparison. Maybe the pocket will be able to meet demand soon and they’d rather you buy that

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If the Steam deck is too big the Retroid Pocket 3+ and the Anbernic 405M are popular choices

hatty fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 23, 2023

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Two weeks with the flip and I still think it's cool but I'm back to using my analogue pocket and 353M most of the time. I prefer how the 353M feels in the hand and games feel a bit more responsive on the pocket so I mainly just use the flip for Dreamcast, Saturn, and PSP. Was kinda hoping for an end all champion of a device that would make me want to sell the others but it's not quite there

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Finally you can play switch games on the go

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'd think anything with a horizontal layout would be fine with big hands I hear the RG353P is surprisingly comfy, avoid vertical game boy stuff

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A tablet and controller is a bit too unwieldy I think. Might as well use my laptop which has a full OS and stuff

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d pay upwards of $100 for a PS2 ODE

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I really like mine but I'm not sure if id pay current eBay prices for one, I paid $260 for mine and its worth exactly that imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yea a cool benefit is that it’s very easy to transfer saves from my mister to it since they’re very similar. Makes me wish the Pocket had some sort of wireless capability so I could automatically sync between the two

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Try sending someone on eBay an offer, going by the recently sold listings people accept them often

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
might be a strange opinion but I hope we get something soon that has the power of the 405M but isnt android based. I prefer the Linux based OS that my 353M uses compared to the Flip. Android just feels kinda sloppy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
yeah same, I wanted to buy a 405M last week but it's been out for a bit and maybe there will be a new model soon with the dpad in the correct position and better colors

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
a DSi is only $40-$50, a worthy investment imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
When they said that last year the ebay reseller prices fell sharply so look out for that

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The pocket goes fully off in suspend mode it just saves a state and auto loads it once turned on it’s neat. I brought mine on an international flight recently and the battery really impressed me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hopefully the hinge is solid

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So this would be more capable than a 353M right? Might pick up the obnoxious clear green

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t really like the colors the 405M comes in. the black and a bluish silver are nice but I’d like a red or something

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Which games out of curiosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I bought the retroid 2S like a doofus guess it’s time to unload my 353M. Owning too many of these would make me anxious