Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Rolo posted:

lol they chose a ton of vintage Gameboy colors but they color matched the controls

this is the thing that fucks me the most, they might have finally gotten my two fifty instead of me continuing to wait patiently for the miyoo flip, but no, they made the loving buttons and d-pad silver instead of black so it doesn't actually look like my childhood gameboy pocket, get the gently caress outta here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsech posted:

Does the Retroid Flip suspend the running game when you close it? I have kids and find myself badly missing the ability my DS had a decade ago to immediately suspend and resume anything you’re doing.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for with the Miyoo Flip (which supposedly has a final design render now pictured here that does NOT have the Lisa Frank-rear end color scheme from the first renders, boo).

I just wanna be able to throw something in my pocket and open/close for short burst gaming and so I'm patiently waiting for the drat thing to be real.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

wish it had been out before my flight next week, but at least it seems Real

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

damnit, been waiting on the flip but now i gotta wait on the flip AND this to see which one is better

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I’m furious that Wario Ware Twisted works seamlessly on Delta yet does not replicate the haptic rumble.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Rolo posted:

Anbernic is making an SP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9z4pP3QtBs

The embedded video won’t work but you can figure it out!

hell yeah. grabbing whichever of these releases first between the miyoo and the anbernic unless we get some kind of important difference in specs other than sticks/no sticks.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Hell yeah, confirmation that it would have Wi-Fi is really all that I was waiting on (because I like retro achievements to encourage me to stick with a game instead of just dabbling for half an hour with everything).

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Alright so consider me a complete idiot: I know people say not to use the SD cards that just come with these things, and I'm definitely grabbing the SP-alike, so to get ready what SD card should I grab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

Grab one from Amazon with a reputable name; Samsung or like a Sandisk. I grabbed a Samsung EVO Select from Amazon and haven't had any issues, currently on sale too!

Went ahead and grabbed the same because I am nothing if not easily swayed. Thank you!