Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
Does the retroid setup process give you an option to not insta any of the google apps? The pocket 3+ specs look perfect to me but I don’t like android because of all the junk running in the background.

I saw that there are some third party roms but Id like to stay as close to stock as possible to not have to debug issues myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Anbernic RG505 is looking pretty good, kind of regretting my RP3+ preorder. But I guess with these consoles there will always be a newer shinier thing

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

sethsez posted:

It's basically just a RP3+ sidegrade. The sticks and start/select buttons look better but the shoulder buttons look worse, the screen is more vivid but lower resolution, and Retroid's Android builds have recently been better than Anbernic's. The SoC is identical.

It definitely looks like a solid option, but there's no reason to regret getting a RP3+ over it.
Yeah, the main thing for me is that I wanted to get a RP3+ for PSP games, and the RG505 display is rumored to be a reused Vita oled which means it'd scale up pixel perfect. Not a huge deal though

njsykora posted:

There will always be something shinier, and I expect the 505 will be a decent chunk more expensive than the RP3+ for roughly the same performance.

It's priced roughly the same

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

I got a clurple on the 9th and I still haven’t gotten my shipping notification

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Finally got my rp3+. Very impressed with performance so far, spent all night setting up HD and 60fps mods for psp and most games look and run like a dream. The first gamecube game I tried (naruto clash of ninja 4) even ran at 1x 60fps

Only downside is a lack of a physical back button, so I have to use the touchscreen to access emulator settings if I'm using ppsspp, or if I'm emulating a console that uses every key (although retroarch lets you work around that)

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

A sapphire vita is the most beautiful piece of hardware I've ever owned. Sold it right after beating persona 4

I think if it had the original PSP's shoulder buttons it'd be actually perfect

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

The miyoo mini does that too. Not sure if it is a custom firmware feature though

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

The force unleashed wii/psp port straight up had more features than the ps3 version, it’s really bizarre and cool

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

I really miss the console era of every device having its own version of the game. Would much rather have that than the 10fps switch ports we get now

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

I think burnout legends is a better game and from what I understand it's essentially a burnout 3 port anyway

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Got my funkey s but the usb cable doesn’t work and apparently thats a known issue with the last batch. Gonna have to ship it back or get a replacement

It is very pretty though!

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Looks like its android only? Is that the limitation of the chip, I thought anbernic usually let you run linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

I literally just got an RGB30 and was hoping I can get away with doing minimal tinkering on it

Guess I'll have to install arkos