Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this show really is quite stupid but the androids are super cool enough to carry the thing for me at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

General Battuta posted:

Remember when they caught the parkour alien in this show and it was a neanderthal :allears:

I'm sure it will all make sense in the end!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Kanine posted:

Is it worth watching Prometheus and Alien: Covenant if I enjoyed this show?

the best part of raised by wolves is the androids and the same goes for those movies, watch them for David.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"you know how in alien the android had milk for blood? well these guys are androids and they have milk for blood too. no, i don't know why."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
honestly if they don't just double down and make this weirder and weirder i will be disappointed. you ripped the band-aid off with that last episode so let's do this poo poo.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
got ya, snaked ya!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
your blood is not milk, your argument is invalid.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Lost never had anyone as cool as Mother and Father so we're already ahead of the game even if it never starts making sense.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's got robots. it's got milk. there's a weird snake, it flies around. i don't know what else you could ask for.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mfw some joker impugns the milky robot show.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
milk snake, boiled over raw.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Xaintrailles posted:

They have at least four Jesuses, that's probably enough already.

e: I'm excited to see how many more they'll introduce in series two.

BEWARE

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the snake will never be seen or heard from again.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
snake died on the way back to his home planet.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"sure am glad I wasn't raised by wolves!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

etalian posted:

I'm looking forward to another season of watch parties in which everyone yells at Campion.

reminds me of the Strain where by the end of it I wanted to strangle the son character. I went on google and did a search about how lovely that kid was and a ton of results came up. like everything would be so much better if the little poo poo just died.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's all one big snake-out.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like to think Ridley came up with the potatoes and only just now was he able to make good on his vision.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Gazaar posted:

what that snake do

that's the beauty of it. it doesn't "do" anything!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"it's me, I'm the wolf now, awooo." - The Snake

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hope Mother gets to make the Awoooo noise again like she did in the first episode. it's very easy to forget that she is meant to be one of the titular wolves, this would serve as a reminder.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

I would simply not build my colony on the coast of Instant Death Mega Acid Ocean

"this planet sure does suck real bad. why did we come here again? the only way it could be worse is if the ocean was deadly acid or some poo poo like that."
'....uh"
"what?"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
after the appearance of Chainsaw Robot i'm expecting a guest spot by Psycho Goreman.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
also of note is the reference to the well known biblical fable of the young boy who turned his back on God and so was turned into a giant turd.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Campion! you are your own Grampion! *musical sting*

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Alhazred posted:

Mother not understanding why people might not like her continues to be hilarious. "I just went full berserk mode:mitt:"

"why do you dislike me so? I only want to help!"
"aaaaaa" - *atheist, too busy scraping friend's guts off face to explain*

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
also says no user serviceable parts inside, warranty void if opened. should have read the EULA.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
goin on down to the acid seaaaaaa/gonna have myself a bay-beeeeee

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i want a spinoff that is just Marcus travelling to a new planet every week and each one is more hosed up than the last one. lots of terrible things happen to him and he experiences horrors beyond the ken of most but he always escapes at the end of the show only to end up at an even more hosed up planet next week. the theme song is called "the Ballad of Why-Does-This-poo poo-Keep-Happening-To-Me." still workshopping his catch phrase but right now it is "sol please let me die."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
SFX guy: "so in this episode we're going to have a baby get dissolved by acid, and we thought-"
standards and practices: "no"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i initially thought the singer of the theme was this woman who sings for a band called Little Dragon, after further research this turned out to not be the case. i did discover a similarity: they are both accursed Swedes! i'd know the guttural cry of a Swede anywhere!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
ep blurb: "weaponized serpent"

:getin:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"do you want weaponized serpents? because that's how you get weaponized serpents."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
*ahem* please, pay no attention to the sinister statuette of the faceless bloody handed child.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"not evolved... DEvolved!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mrmcd posted:

Just sitting here, thinking about a simpler time when radioactive potato spaceship was the funniest/most insane part of this show.

"radioactive potatoes! how preposterous!"
"o my sweet innocent child, beware the coming of the Chainsaw Robot, herald of WTF.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
rewatching season 2 now in prep for the SHOCKING CONCLUSION. so let me just offer a hearty RIP to Decima, truly she had her face peeled off before her time. she hated all fruit, except for the fruit she found on the weird deadly planet of Kepler 22b, where she met her end at the hosed up hands of her hosed up fake robot daughter. by no means do i intend to speak ill of the dead, but as the good book says, "trust in Sol but memory wipe your android."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
moth butt tentacles just mean he is looking for a lady friend, trying to attract her with his butt stench. he is looking for love, not necro-murder!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
*Marcus is crucified upside down*
"Finally i can die. Thank you Sol for allowing me the peace of death. ah, my vision fades. perhaps my role in this ridiculous saga is finally-"
*Marcus rises majestically into the air. Blood falls like rain from his holy wounds*

"MOTHERFUCKER!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the fruit makes you grow a Space Mullet.