Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if this is supposed to be some kind of alternate history too seeing as they're using a real, old religion.

Although you have to wonder how a sun based religion changes in a different star system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume they're just on the back and any time they would be shown they're just digitally erased.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ego-bot posted:

I've noticed a lot of allusions to Medusa with mother. The cornrows remind me of snakes, her stare causing instant death and the prisoner entering what they thought was her lair with a mirror shield.

Also her fake name was Lamia

Also: holy poo poo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamia

quote:

in ancient Greek mythology, was a woman who became a child-eating monster after her children were destroyed by Hera, who learned of her husband Zeus's trysts with her. Hera also afflicted Lamia with sleeplessness so she would anguish constantly, but Zeus gave her the ability to remove her own eyes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed at how even the necromancers had them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really loved Father becoming a catty bitch when he thought that Mother slept with their creator. Just burn after burn on Mother like saying how he was pretty sure he wouldn't fall in love with her again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DandyLion posted:

Ok can someone explain how Father got his finger re-attached ?

It seems like for most injuries the androids are self healing seeing as Father's bullet wounds just kind of gradually vanished. Mother's issues seemed to be more from goo loss than the physical damage.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That second episode kind of felt like it ended a little too early. Like that was a weird spot to stop it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unfortunately it is too long for a thread title.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess it was accurate but I did laugh at Marcus being described as a "boyfriend."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're not one use? We're told Collective members have to return them when they're done, and the third episode implies the marbles have multiple other functions (e.g. tracking and data gathering).

Also a kind of key card since Lamia uses it to get into the schoolroom.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My bad, thought I saw Mother eating hers.

She did. She stuck it in her mouth because their suits don't have pockets.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Goofballs posted:

I love that Campion killed the creature from the black lagoon but so much is going on it doesn't really seem relevant

I assume that it is related to the monsters from season 1, just that it lives in acid ocean.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Very funny how Mother conveniently leaves out of her "find a new leader" speech that she already has someone in mind for the job.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at them just cutting to Paul being perfectly fine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think that guy is just dead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the idea was that the other guy was still getting exposed to the thing while they took Paul outside so things probably got worse for him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mean, we kind of got an engineer this episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marcus and Sue are good examples of you can make a stupid haircut look good if you're hot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sue turning into a tree at the end of last episode and then said tree being eaten in the next episode is really something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

One of the things I absolutely love about this wack-rear end show is the opening credits. Everything about that sequence is haunting and bone-chilling. The song is perfect and the cuts say so much and yet so little; the more you see of the show the more you look at the visuals a bit cock-eyed.

At the very beginning of the credits (before we see the first explosion) there is what sounds like a countdown, no? Maybe I'm going deaf but that's what it sounds like to me, and I can't make out what language it's in.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the opening credits. I love the animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, at least Sue came back. As a tree