Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
So... X2, The Wolverine, Deadpool, Logan, Deadpool 2, Dark Phoenix, and The New Mutants?

That is a mixed bag at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Barbara and Diana's date with the not-subtle-at-all shots of the Washington Monument is kinda great.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Retro Futurist posted:

Zack Snyder's Squadron Supreme

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I always figured it was like the power from Rising Stars. If it's spread over 200 people and 5 of them die, the remaining 195 are not going to notice much of a change, if any. But if 150 people die, the remaining 50 will definitely realize that they're much stronger, faster, smarter, etc, etc.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Rhys Darby as Silver Surfer. Enough brooding. This is the MCU. Time for a super personable Norrin Radd, desperate for someone to talk to besides his stuffy, planet-devouring boss.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Lobok posted:

I feel like for the MCU it's fine if Taskmaster isn't around much. Like we saw Taskmaster do the highlight reel of moves from previous films but then what? Seeing it once was awesome, subsequent appearances don't seem like they'd measure up until new MCU movies add more moves from mostly human fighters to the repertoire.

The circular pan from Avengers, but every character is Taskmaster.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The Eternals couldn't shoot lasers at things because it would have interfered with humanity somehow, but now humanity can shoot lasers at things, so the Eternals can shoot lasers at things again and that's good, I guess. Or maybe bad. It's hard to tell.

:10bux:, please.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

"We're having a tough time coming up with a central idea for this Thor: Love and Thunder poster."

"Just use all the promo art."

"Um... All of it?"

"You heard me."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Arist posted:

The other thing is that the Ramis thing honestly gives Ghostbusters as a franchise way more pathos than it ever had or deserved.

That’s a problem with the majority of Ghostbusters media released post-Extreme Ghostbusters. They’re not saviors. They’re barely heroes. The tech does its job. No more. No less.

It’s perfectly understandable to want to pay tribute to your deceased friend, but Afterlife ain’t the way, chief.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

ImpAtom posted:

John makes structurally sound plausible things because he is an architect.

The idea that John thinks about every nut and bolt and bracket in his constructs is absolutely excellent characterization that really would resonate with people. But, from what I remember, the cartoon that most people remember him from had him doing almost the opposite. He's all beams and bubbles after a lengthy military career.

It's part of what made the episode where they get turned into kids and John goes nuts with giant tongs and buckets and a mech (plus giving himself Kyle's mask) that much better.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
... Roll a persuasion check. Without advantage.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Karloff posted:

Make trailers like this again https://youtu.be/zjPFyINVxW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LnShmQ_hLc

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

WHOA, BLACK BETTY, KANG 'N' LANG!

This is brain poison and I thank you for it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
A Crisis.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Sanschel posted:

If you watch enough Best of the Worst you’ll know this to be true.

There is never enough Best of the Worst.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If they could just wait until I track down the last few Amalgam issues I need before the prices spike because Thorion and Speed Demon are in movies now.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It ends with half his friends in prison and Steve being MCU Nomad. That is not where you end a Captain America story.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Tony's a tricky one, though. He quietly renounces being Iron Man in Iron Man 3, and then he's back at it in Age of Ultron without any real explanation. Even if you shuffle around what happens during Phase 2, both Tony and Steve's arcs need the last two Avengers movies to actually feel complete. So... not trilogies. Sextologies? Septologies?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

X-O posted:

Surely it will have great word of mouth and just be a slow burn moneymaker.

Just what you want out of The Flash. A nice, slow burn.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Joe Fisto posted:

They could also solve the Ezra problem by putting them wherever they’re keeping Shelly Muscavage.

A watery grave?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
“I’ve taken all of the worst parts from all of your least favorite superhero films. The cat resurrection from Catwoman. The wall-jumping from X-Men. The animal mutates from TMNT. That guy who played the twin that isn’t Elizabeth Olsen in the Avengers movie nobody liked. It’s a formula that can’t possibly win.”

“What do you call it?”

White Panther."
"Crocodile Dumbdee."
"Kraven the Hunter.”

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The cliffhanger is a little obnoxious, but it's not super obvious until about 2/3rds of the way through, and [the movie is] worth going to see in theaters because it shifts into "a music video about Spider-Men" a few times and you'll want the absolute maximum experience.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

CzarChasm posted:

Not to knock Hank's acting chops, but has he ever played a villain?

He tortured Stanley Tucci with all those airport hijinks.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The (singular?) shot of Mera banging on the window to please be let into the movie is pretty loving funny.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Aphrodite posted:

I'm still expecting the Serpent Society to be a mislead again, because how could you possibly make people take those dorks seriously?

Kirkman had the Lizard League turn everyone into lizard people but the MCU isn't going to go full Amazing Spider-Man when that budget could be spent on formless clouds and particle effects.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot posted:

Amazing Spider-Man

Aphrodite posted:

was the first Garfield Spider-Man.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Avengers: Crisis on Infinite Earths

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
For gently caress's sake. Stop remaking the first Willy Wonka book and make a goddamned Great Glass Elevator already.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Gonna pay off all my debt with a Donatello as Spock figure.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
You didn't like Pedro Pascal in WW84? He and Kristen Wiig are the best parts.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot posted:

Barbara and Diana's date with the not-subtle-at-all shots of the Washington Monument is kinda great.

I stand by it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Far from the worst cover of People Are Strange that exists but the song in general is a little overplayed at this point. The movie being about attractive actresses with Spider-Man-adjacent powers doesn't really help sell it much either. Should've used Veruca Salt or Ednaswap or any one of about twenty other half-remembered bands. Something with a little bite that we haven't heard a thousand times.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Look. Pop Pop isn't so good with music anymore. Rihanna did a lovely cover of Tainted Love and we're just gonna have to leave it at that.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Holy crap. The Marvels has gotta be the most Legends of Tomorrow-rear end MCU movie. It's not good, but once it hits the halfway point with the three of them practicing swapping to Beastie Boys, it does not let up.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It's very simple. You lull your audience into a false sense of security with terrible editing and shoddy character introductions until it's time to kill Vandal Savage three times across three times all at the same time and then :catdrugs: for the rest of the movie.

Classic Joseph Campbell/Save the Flerken.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It would be absolutely hysterical if Ebon Moss-Bachrach, playing against type, is Reed Richards, and Pedro Pascal, familiar with motion capture and VA, is Ben Grimm.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Split the difference and make the FF origin set in the same grungy, weirdo 80's that Buckaroo Banzai and The Fly operate in.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Xenomrph posted:

Have it be joint directed by Richter and Cronenberg for maximum effect.

Raimi already has his W2 on file so...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Xenomrph posted:

Nah I want a full on Cronenberg off-the-wall body horror MCU movie. ‘Captain America 5: WTF’

Unreasonable given the history, but fair.

site posted:

tbf the 616 has been in contact with aliens for 80 years and still doesn't have anything on the moon even

Some of the X-Men live there. And the Inhumans. But also some of the X-Men live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Make a Slingers movie. Have them fight Alistair Smythe. It's not rocket surgery.