Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

They will absolutely recast T'Challa and that's exactly what they should do. The character is bigger than one actor, as sublime as he was, and there's a lot of value (and frankly money) in the character's stories to come. There will be a lot of time to mourn and process before they recast, the industry is still substantially shut down which gives them even more time to be thoughtful and deliberate about it. I certainly don't envy the actor who has to follow those footsteps but someone will have to and should do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Recasting is such a normal thing to do, even when it's not under tragic circumstances, I just can't wrap my head around the notion that Marvel would do anything else. I guess if he had created the character, or it had been created for him that would be one thing, but neither of those being the case, you recast the part and dedicate the sequel to him, probably right after the Marvel Studios graphic.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

The producers might want something like that but a policy change along those lines would have to be negotiated with SAG-AFTRA I'd imagine, and hopefully we'd vote that down.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Rumors have been around for Charlie Cox reprising Daredevil and Bernthal being their Punisher. I'm pretty confident that those two will come back in those roles.

What a loving waste otherwise, especially Charlie Cox, he was perfect.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

You don't necessarily have to keep the continuity to keep the cast, though it does seem unlikely that they'd do so.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Is the whole blood transfusion thing the only reason she became She-Hulk? Like, can Bruce make an army of hulks as long as he donates to people with compatible blood types?

Well they're cousins too.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'm not sure how some shared DNA acquired prior to Bruce ever becoming the Hulk would translate to passing on Hulkness but I'm no comic book scientist.

I guess a better question would be: has Hulkiffication ever been passed through Bruce's blood again, beyond Jennifer?

To your first point, presuming her mother was a Banner, it's relevant because of complicated reasons that the Immortal Hulk ongoing is about. Beyond that, Amadeus Cho managed to siphon the gamma and Hulkiness out of Bruce with nanotech and was the Totally Awesome Hulk for a little while, but that didn't have to do with blood.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Wolverine's blood and/or DNA comes up all the time.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Motherfuck that looks good. Who's Katheryn Hahn playing? Is she Agatha Harkness?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Phoenix could still work but you'd have to establish a long status quo for it to upend. You have to care about everyone involved and be invested in their lives for it to work and you have to have Jean as Phoenix for a while before she goes Dark. It's doable but it would take multiple films in multiple X-franchies for it to land well.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Child actors aren't inherently exploited and it's lovely to suggest otherwise.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Are you serious?

Yes, speaking as someone who joined SAG when he was four and has been a working performer my entire life.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm not suggesting that child performers aren't often exploited and that the transition from childhood to teen to adult is not fraught in ways that are particular to it but to call the entire idea exploitation is insulting.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

So how bad is Illyana's inexplicable racism?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

OnimaruXLR posted:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1328750606962499584

Does anyone else look at this picture and go "Oh poo poo, he stole Stryfe's armor!" ?

100% my first and only thought at seeing it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It's loving delightful and perfect is what that costume is.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

WaffleZombie posted:

There was that quartet of animated shows that they announced for Hulu. Dazzler/Tigra, Howard the Duck, MODOK, and Hit Monkey. The first two never got past the script stage. They actually released some shots from MODOK, so that might be coming out early next year. And I guess Hit Monkey is still happening?

MODOK had an NYCC panel with the cast that included actual footage so it's definitely going to be a thing.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

This seems pretty definitive.

https://twitter.com/itsjustanx/status/1334271776826646529?s=19

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Because of... her clothes?

She wears like a dozen different outfits in the comic this is based on.

And the critical thing, other than the presence of Lucky, is that the purple she's wearing is perfect.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I don't care what the broader implications are, I'm always on board for Alfred Molina.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

If the broader implications are less screen time for Tom Holland and less focus on Iron Man's stupid, stupid 'legacy' it can only be good.

Tom Holland is excellent and perfect as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I am ambivalent towards the ongoing legacy of Iron Man in the context of the Spider-Man films.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is this a reference to something

Seriously bro?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Spider-Man casting is heating up.

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1336715225131671555?s=19

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Yeah but he's the closest I've ever come to trusting a Starfleet Admiral. Maybe there's treachery afoot but he's just so loving handsome I can't help but side with him.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Admiral Ross was mostly good

Haven't gotten to him yet, I was a sporadic DS9 watcher for most of it's run but my wife and I are working our way through Trek right now. We're down to the last nine TNG episodes and I'm loving psyched to get to DS9 again.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I know this is a joke about white washing, but is it white washing a character that was originally British and made asian purely to make her sexier?

It's white-washing and a continuity disaster! X-Men!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Sumo posted:

They already have a Marvel Legends line, just make the recaps stop-motion with action figures like Robot Chicken

That's basically what they're doing for MODOK.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Why did we hire Bradley Cooper if we aren't going to have him gently caress Michael Ian Black?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

The Volume, their digital backdrop/lighting rig is a direct outgrowth of the digital set stuff they did with Lion King so whatever else can be said about it, there's a case to be made that there's no Mandalorian without the Lion King remake.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

They also released a new volume of the Eternals literally last week, which seems like a really good place to start. It's also written by Kieron Gillen who is a fantastic writer.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

From what Kim Masters was saying on The Business, they're probably going to release it to Disney+ in some form because if they don't the teases within will gently caress with their forthcoming release schedule.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A talking coyote posted:

Tazz is old Batman, Cage is Grayson, Starks is Todd and hook is Damien. Yup it’s all there.

E: Oops my bad Stahks is Jason Todd

Leyla Hirsch is one of the Batgirls then?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

theironjef posted:

It's Oded Fehr you want. For Richards, for Doom, for Richards and Doom. He's the right pick.

No I want Oded Fehr as Magneto opposite Giancarlo Esposito's Professor X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Argue posted:

Take it a step further. Cast Neil deGrasse Tyson as Reed Richards.

Superhero movies already have enough sexual harassers, thanks.