Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dang that sucks. RIP Chadwick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I am 100% cool with a Shuri movie, but I expect them to cancel BP2 and simply have Shuri and others appear in other characters' movies, unfortunately.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

I guarantee even Disney is not this stupid

Codependent Poster posted:

I really doubt that will happen. I expect Black Panther 2 is going to have a real weight to it in dealing with Boseman's death. It should 100% be about Shuri having to cope with the loss of T'Challa while stepping into the mantle of Black Panther.

Barry Convex posted:

nah, Wakanda as a setting and the supporting characters are more than popular enough to justify a movie and Feige et al are probably smart enough to realize that
I hope y'all are right, but I'm just not confident enough that Disney will not just green-light another woman-led MCU movie, but a Black woman-led MCU movie. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, of course.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get Don Cheadle to play T'Challa and have him in lots of scenes with War Machine who only appears in his armor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ABC is running Black Panther commercial-free tonight, if anyone wants to argue if it's a CIA psyop or not with fresh eyes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Movie TVA please

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have D+ free with Verizon for a little while longer, though once that's done, I'm definitely dropping it except like once a year if Mandalorian continues.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

I'm sorry, Hawkman is a fascist? Is it because his power is wearing a winged harness?

It's because he's a cop

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Conrad_Birdie posted:

It is truly wild to me to see so many people bagging on movie theaters in this thread! Honestly makes me kinda sad! There is nothing like watching a good movie in a good movie theater, and you will 100% get so much more from a film if you’re watching it on the big screen and not laying on your couch in your living room. Like, wtf? Never going to see a movie in theaters again would be crushing to me.

Yeah but this is the comics movie thread, so watching good movies doesn't apply.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The director’s guild would never allow him to work for free.

Yeah, it's this. The Guilds (rightfully) get pissed when people don't follow their rules, and this is a high-profile enough project there's no way he's getting around that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't believe McCloud is making bad-faith arguments about Snyder.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Maybe there's a loophole like even though they're clearly shooting a bunch of new poo poo if it's filed under reshoots maybe they don't have to pay him because they already paid him for the movie, I don't know probably not.
Either way it wouldn't surprise me if he broke Guild rules to make a grand gesture/point, he seems like the exact kinda guy at the exact point in his career to do it.
If by "exact point in his career" you mean "the end of it when he never intends to make anything in Hollywood again" then sure, I guess. I'm not sure low-budget indie films is where Snyder's style will shine, but maybe I'm wrong!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like it except that he's entirely unreadable thanks to desaturating everything into a tan mess.

I will also admit I had to look through the mentions to remember what he even looks like in the real version.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Very glad I get HBO Max for $5 with my grandfathered AT&T TV Now account! Christmas is looking good!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Time travel can't exist because time doesn't exist it's just a limitation of how we view things.

I time travel at 1 second per second all the time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

I exist at all times at once, thus I am experiencing every bad post you have made, and every bad post you will make simultaneously

My posts are perfect and handcrafted just for you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Longinus just has a regular spear.

Um I saw Eva and it is very clearly giant robot-sized and forked.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good. Maybe theaters can make it worth going to them since they have to compete with not doing that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That ratio tho

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

All I know is I tried watching the raimi movies last year and 1 and 2 were bad enough I didn't even bother to subject myself to 3. 2 has the train scene and that's about it the rest is nostalgia
You skipped the best one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I honestly forgot she was in Dr. Strange

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope it is in-universe mocumentary style.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

WandaVision and Loki segueing into a Gillen-influenced Young Avengers would be so loving sweet

Don't forget Hawkeye!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No one tell BJ Peterson who voices Groot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

David D. Davidson posted:

AoU is definitely one of the weakest Marvel movie, however I feel it's a good example of one of thw big things that Marvel does right. If it were a Star Wars or a DCEU movie, they would have tried to "fix" it by firing Joss Wheedon and bringing on on somebody else to reshoot much of the movie resulting in some kind of awkward Frankensteinian flick like Justice Leauge or Rise of Skywalker. Instead it was released warts and all and it think it's better for it.

Except they've done exactly what you've said.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I enjoyed it a lot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shazam is good you should see it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A world without Venom is a world I don't want to live in

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, there was some throwaway line about how they were the only ones who it worked on so you could easily retcon that as being their x genes.

Not technically a retcon if there was no reason given other than *shrug*

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I definitely want a Lego Celestial. I am not putting this in spoilers because it's an Eternals movie and Celestials will be in it. And were already shown in Guardians of the Galaxy in any case.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who wants this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not sure I'd call Kingdom Come an "event" given it's entirely self-contained and had no contemporary tie-ins (and you never have to read any of the ones that were published afterword!).

Anyway, it's very good and you should read it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NieR Occomata posted:

If you want to see a comic veteran meditate on his opinions on the state of the comic book industry in an explicitly non-canon story, drawn by Alex Ross, well, Astro City is always right there.
Look at this person who has never actually opened an issue of Astro City.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is how Chris Jericho sees himself

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

He left it as soon as he could.

Have you seen Earth? Who can blame him!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm looking forward to chuds melting down about Hard Right Cap being the villain.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OldMemes posted:

I always found it ironic, that despite being released with that film, and having the cast, in character, in the music video, All Star is cemented as "the Shrek song" in pop culture.
It was also in ensemble hit "Rat Race" that featured a Smash Mouth concert

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

I kinda want Winstead to redub all of Diedrich Bader's lines in the Harley Quinn cartoon.

"I don't want pigs in blankets! I wanna fight crime!"

Legit question: Why does the Tim Burton version get a pass on this? Leaving aside if you think they're good films in a vacuum, they're pretty lovely Batman movies.

Good soundtracks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The perfect Batman that all other Batmans should be is either Batman: Brave and the Bold or '60s Batman.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Fishers of men, Batmannnnnnnn"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quote:

If you are a fan of Joker
Let me stop you right there