Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

AdmiralViscen posted:

I’m excited for Zack Snyder’s Justice League

FYI you put the WW84 poster up for The Suicide Squad

Same. Also The Batman. Especially now that Battinson has had a chance to bulk up (lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

2020 is just a never ending series of nut punches. What a tragedy

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I'm surprised to see so many here argue for recasting. Most opinions on twitter seem to be saying the opposite, that it'd be disrespectful to recast.

Personally I agree that they should just cast someone else. Just having him die offscreen seems kind of silly

Retro Futurist posted:

If they recast him, I feel really bad for whoever gets that role. Everyone is going to dislike them at first, it's a no win

They'll hate him right until the movie starts, that's how these things usually go.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

So like...does someone at some point stop Illyana or call her out? Does the movie in any way decide to tackle that? Maybe I don't get Magik, but it's striking me as odd for a Russian woman to be prejudice against Native Americans.

Yeah, who's ever heard of a prejudiced russian?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

ABC is running Black Panther commercial-free tonight, if anyone wants to argue if it's a CIA psyop or not with fresh eyes.

People were not capable of having that particular discussion here even before Bosemans untimely passing without meltdowns, I certainly do not have any faith in them being able to have that now. Also maybe not the best time for that particular discussion, yeah?

McCloud fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 30, 2020

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Arist posted:

The joke is that no one actually wants to have that conversation and also that it is an extremely inappropriate time to have it anyway

Yes, and that was my way of saying that making passive aggressive remarks like that serve no purpose and people should perhaps shut up about it.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

True, true.

Hey guys, did you know that Spiderverse is actually about *~consumerist branding~* and the PoC main character only becomes a person after becoming marketable himself with DayGlo SpiderPunch Action? :grin:

lol

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Unlike a verse about spiders

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1301949796081696769?s=19

I am getting the very real feeling Ray is torching his DC career here, but good for him

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

GJ obviously means a great deal to them considering all the projects he has ongoing and being one of the biggest names in comics, so its as unsurprising as it is disappointing they try to cover his arse.

In addition to Ray's thing there were also several women accusing him of inappropriate behavior on IG and twitter, for whatever that's worth.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

I feel like peace of mind (and preventing similar situations from happening) is worth whatever lackluster DC projects were on the plate anyway.

Yeah, heaven forbid we won't get amazing stuff like his Watchmen DC crossover lol

Oh also, came across this tweet

https://twitter.com/notsofiacoppola/status/1278393387268272128?s=20

Just fire the dude already

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah it would be one thing if he had brought some level of success to any of his projects but even if you like DCEU stuff they didn't do well enough for Warner Bros to justify defending anybody.
Like if Feige turned out to be a douche bag Disney would be well hosed but DC isn't exactly between a rock and a hard place and have been near teetering on starting over for years anyway.

Right. Josstice league was Geoffs second big chance at becoming a big shot in DC films and he blew it again, and his comic output has been lacklustre (the watchmen stuff was utterly forgettable, and the three jokers doesn't fill me with confidence either). They have little to lose by just booting him to the curb. Unless of course he's got some dirt on important folks.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So really, there's no reason to keep him around. Unless of course, they're afraid of MAD

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Why wouldn't they throw Jon Berg under the bus? He doesn't work at Warner Bros anymore. Practically no one involved with the production of Justice League does.

They offered to do just that. Hamada supposedly asked Ray to back off on Johns and they offered to toss Berg and Whedon on the sacrificial altar, and Ray supposedly told them to take a hike

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

That's the thing, he's bound by an NDA so he can't openly talk about this stuff yet without risking a libel suit

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

It isn't exactly a hard talking point to manufacture.

"Let's meet in a crowded restaurant, no masks."
"No."
"HE REFUSED TO MEET WITH US!"

Not too far off...

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1302304784846917638?s=19

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

More info from Ray

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEzfKhdpZDh/?igshid=1lomw91zjpgu7

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Madkal posted:

Unfortunately the downside is other companies might be worried about being put on Blast by Fisher as well

They don't have to be worried if they don't have abusive pieces of poo poo as directors.

Speaking of, Kiersey Clemons, AKA Iris West posted in support of Ray

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1304550999349231618?s=20

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

site posted:

So who here saw caps dick

I'm sorry, what?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Lmao, yeah he leaked a d-pic. Gotta say, his rear end is def the better proportioned asset.

Edit: That's burying the lead though, because he had this meme on his phone, which I find hilarious

https://twitter.com/harrysaerial/status/1304854504773427202?s=19

McCloud fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 12, 2020

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Yes that guy was me
I read donations out loud
And lots of haiku

Hi thread! Let's not talk about weird celebrity nudes anymore. Instead, on the talk of Cyborg in the JL film, I'm not sure anyone really knows what to do with him. I think he's got a lot of potential but like, no one really delves into what makes him different from the others. He's a Marvel character in a DC world.

Well for starters, he's a black athlete that becomes disabled, and considering a large portion of his self esteem and the esteem and value of others is tied into his athletic prowess and how he now has to adjust having lost that and how to come to terms with being differentially abled and that his value is not tied to how much many touch downs he can score, I'd say there's lots of fertile ground to explore. Ray has talked about how important it was for him to not have his character just be an empty catchphrase, and he said he felt he had a lot of agency in how to develop the character, so I'm pretty excited for that

Also of some interest, dc fandome has a little documentary up about The Dark Knight Trilogy, if that's your thing

https://www.dcfandome.com/video/insiderverse/5f343a57ad87080017244add

I'm 15 minute in and it's pretty good!

Codependent Poster posted:

If I were super famous and people made weird memes of myself I'd probably save those too.

I'd say there's even odds of it being sent to him by a buddy who found it hilarious

McCloud fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 12, 2020

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Oh no, I agree with you! I think Cyborg can be a great character. But no one has ever really given him that push. When I said he's a Marvel chracter in a DC world, I feel like he's a character who has to deal with real personal issues of belonging, self-worth, etc. But that's never the angle other media takes with him. I dunno.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way, I just talked a bit about him in JL :v:

I don't know much about him outside a few of the titans cartoons and maybe his JL issues, but I'm excited for his first official live version big screen outing*

*His first big screen outing, as we all know, was the teen titans go movie

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Roth posted:

The Teen Titans animated series does a good job with it, albeit that version of the character is significantly more goofy than normal.

Teen titans go ruined the original Titans series for me. I can never take those voices seriously again, especially Robins.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Some of us live in areas that actually managed to curb the covid spread and can enjoy theatre visits. I quite recommend it.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

So Not America then

Not even close, and thank god.

Uhm, no offense

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

At least with Tenet not doing that well in theaters it will probably expedite it's arrival on digital release, I hope

Even here they block off half the rows, and also two seats on either side of you, so even a "fully booked" theatre is operating at like 30% capacity.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Apparently Mamoa's support of Ray caught not only WB off guard, but also his own team
https://twitter.com/UberKryptonian/status/1308890346068246528?s=20

In Snyder Cut news, Zack is getting the whole crew back together for additional shoots

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1308888694875729920?s=20

As an interesting sidenote: All the stories about how Zack had gotten some 30 million to "finish" the incomplete Snyder cut were inaccurate. As it turns out, His old "cut" at 214 minutes was practically finished with some vfx missing, that extra money was for Zack to shoot scenes that for some reason or another he didn't plan or wasn't allowed to include in his planned theatrical release.

Basically, it seems he's getting the opportunity to actually make the film he wanted to begin with, before he got reigned in by the WB execs who got cold feet from the divisive BvS reviews.

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/1308901978425229317?s=20

Edit:

Forgot about this one too

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1308401518756929539?s=20

250 000 raised for Suicide prevention. Not too shabby

McCloud fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 24, 2020

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

The VFX are what wasn't done. That means he was most likely already at picture lock though. Which I'm surprised about because it contradicts all the talk of it being an assembly cut before.

The only people talking about it being an "assembly cut" where people with no actual insight into the production and were pulling things straight out their rear end. The ones that were involved with the film all said the thing was "basically done", up to and including the director himself.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Arist posted:

If there was still tons of unfinished VFX then the movie wasn't "basically done." It's not even "basically done" now, considering they're doing reshoots.

This is quibbling about semantics, but the previz and color grading was all done,, and so was a good chunk of the VFX. We know that a lot of the vfx was done because we've seen released images that shows this. The audio score was probably the most incomplete part of the cut. Either way you cut it (heh) that's mostly done.

The argument about the Snyder Cut has gone from "Oh it doesn't exist" to "There was just an assembly cut with no effects done at all) to "Ok so there was a cut, but all the vfx was missing".

BrianWilly posted:

...Which ended up being a bald-faced lie, considering that the film is being worked on even now, four months after the announcement, up to and including outright shooting more scenes, and won't be finished until some indeterminate time next year. Yeah, "basically done."

e: oof, beaten

As much as you want that to be true Brian, it simply isn't. First of all, Restarting the production, getting in touch with all the postproduction houses, checking in to see if said houses still have they still had the assets they were working on (most did, but not all, which means some assets need to be redone) and they had to redo Steppenwolf entirely, which all takes time in the best of times, never mind that they didn't have time to get that started before the pandemic hit.

Second, regarding the new scenes being shot, if you bothered to read my post or check the tweets I linked.

McCloud posted:

As an interesting sidenote: All the stories about how Zack had gotten some 30 million to "finish" the incomplete Snyder cut were inaccurate. As it turns out, His old "cut" at 214 minutes was practically finished with some vfx missing, that extra money was for Zack to shoot scenes that for some reason or another he didn't plan or wasn't allowed to include in his planned theatrical release.

Basically, it seems he's getting the opportunity to actually make the film he wanted to begin with, before he got reigned in by the WB execs who got cold feet from the divisive BvS reviews.

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/1308902299801210880?s=20

you'd see these aren't reshoots, they're shooting entirely new scenes, there's a big difference there. The "Snyder Cut" is what was intended to have a theatrical release, but the ZSJL is building on that and creating new footage that wasn't going to be included in the SC, and that's only possible because HBO gave him a blank check.

Or you can keep believing the conspiracy theory that he was lying all this time, and that everyone who confirmed the cut was real were co-conspirators that fed the flames to own the libs detractors on twitter or whatever.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So uh, Diane Nelson just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/dewnelson1/status/1309307157276364802?s=19

Which seems significant to me

Edit: They are responding to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/atticusxprime/status/1309272609243246592?s=20

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

If that's the better place for that kind of post, sure. I was debating whether posting here or there since GJ isn't technically involved with DC movies anymore anyway

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Well no, like I said. Not yet. I just feel like the other shoe might drop on him soon. We'll see!

Honestly it feels like there's a whole graveyard in GJ closet and the only reason it hasn't been aired yet is because his bosses have been covering for him. If the investigation that's ongoing digs up any of those skelly bois everyone will smell blood in the water and air their dirty laundry on him.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

As a note, Diane Nelsons account seems to have been deleted

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

That's a fine choice.

Already seeing folks gnashing their teeth, which is dumber than usual for these kinds of things, considering the backstory of the character.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The Snyder Cut and Zack Snyders Justice League are 2 different things.

The Snyder cut is the movie that was meant for theatrical release, and barring some post- visual fx it was done.

Zack Snyders Justice League is likely the movie he intended in the first place, before the studio got cold feet from the BvS reviews and mandated he turn the two parter into one film. It's basically what he envisioned in the first place, and also why the price tag is 70 million instead of 10million or whatever it would take to just finish the special effects.

Karloff posted:

As Snyder Batman kills it's weird that the Joker, of all people, is still alive and seemingly at large so it will be funny if the Leto Joker is on screen for thirty seconds just so Batman can headshot him in a sort of "always meant to tie that knot" kind of way.

That would be at odds with his arc at the end of BvS. But it would also be hilarious.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Ah yes, the sequel to this

Talk about your nuclear takes

McCloud fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 23, 2020

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

David D. Davidson posted:

Thw could finance an entire new film for that money.

They kind of are. 3 hours of unseen footage qualifies as a new movie, and with that they're getting brand recognition, an in built loyal fanbase that are clearly willing to spend money, and tons of free publicity. It's kind of a no brainer really.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Real hot take, but there are no bad interpretations of superheroes, just different ones. They're all valid in their own way.

Except for Kevin Smiths batman pissing himself. That one is not valid.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Batman Returns has three villains teaming up in different ways. Batman Begins has 4 if you count Zsasz (he works for the Roman so he's technically on the team).

Zsasz was more like a cameo, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Oh my god I've been looking for a decent clip of that for aaaaages, thank you!

And not entirely unrelated, and not to retread the older topic of the Snyder cut, but I saw this tweet/article that explains bwhat I've been saying for a while now, that the Snyder cut and the HBO version are two very different things

https://twitter.com/smcolbert/status/1319642634701471744?s=19