Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Tiggum posted:

Do you eat vegetables, excellent bird guy? A lot of your... "meals" seem to be just meat and nothing else. Like, if you're cooking some meat in a frying pan you can easily throw a pack of frozen vegetables in there as well. Maybe a splash of soy sauce or worcestershire and serve it with rice or noodles and you've got an actual normal meal that a regular person would eat.

I love vegetables. I like to eat all the colors of the vegetable rainbow.

So I've settled on Rice plug Egg. This is I think a new staple in my household. Not only normal white rice, but also noodle grain rice. I might be interested in brown rice in the future, however.

This one was A+, I loved it.

This one was disgusting. D. Just don't try to cook yogurt in with your noodles, there is no reason to do that.

Here is a picture of the creative process. That store bought Curry Paste is Nastay. I already threw it away or I'd warn you stay away from the Albertson's Red Thai Curry Paste, bad.

Looks good to me but again the curry paste. C

And here we have the standard Egg Rice. Nice and moist. Boil em up! B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

excellent bird guy posted:

This one was disgusting. D. Just don't try to cook yogurt in with your noodles, there is no reason to do that.

:five:

Thank you for being daring, Chef

Edit to actually contribute: have you tried something like overnight oats before? It's literally not even cooking! And you seem to have a thing for yogurt. Mix some oats and some greek yogurt in a jar and put it in your fridge, wake up, there's food that tastes good

Trollipop fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 11, 2020

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
There is an Indian dish made with rice and yogurt, variously called (among other things) thayir sadam, curd rice, dahi chawal, etc. Often it's made with leftover rice but it doesn't have to be. Maybe rice noodles gently caress things up but in principle the combination of yogurt and rice is perfectly fine. Of course, technique matters quite a bit here, so not just any way of mixing them/cooking them is going to turn out fine...

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Ginger Coconut Rice

In other news, in October I will move across the country and have a kitchen. It a big city with grocery stores so I can eat better again

This could really use some fish sauce by the way

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Did you just put coconut flour and ground ginger on top of white rice?

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Drone posted:

Did you just put coconut flour and ground ginger on top of white rice?

I could make more and pour some milk in to make it more
savory.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I could make more and pour some milk in to make it more
savory.

Milk does not make things more savoury.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Just wait for some techbro to finance the new social media dairy brand that's taking the world by storm, Umamilk (tm).

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Ginger Coconut Rice

In other news, in October I will move across the country and have a kitchen. It a big city with grocery stores so I can eat better again

This could really use some fish sauce by the way

What an extremely relaxing dish

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
If you're going to cook simple then the best thing to do is work on technique. Like you can make almost any combination of ingredients taste good if you cook them all using the right method.

On that note, how do you cook your rice?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So what is it?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
excellent bird guy I think you may (or may not?) find this cookbook helpful. It matches your cooking style very well (take some ingredients and throw them together) but it has a more comprehensive outlook about what things to combine, and why. I think probably it will help you develop your cooking techniques.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Some more info right there. I threw it away. I don't remember what was in it. I know I opened a can of tuna with knife because I couldn't find a can opener. I don't know, it was a bad night.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Are you in therapy? If not, have you considered it?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Have you tried making a pancake with all that coconut flour? This one looks up your alley, since it's mostly egg and coconut flour:

https://detoxinista.com/coconut-flour-pancakes/

You can do a different sweetener since you are a little carb shy.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Good morning Drone, to answer your question: no and no. Things are on the up and up. That was really all my food here that I was just going to throw away (because I'm moving out of this hotel).

BrianBoitano posted:

Have you tried making a pancake with all that coconut flour? This one looks up your alley, since it's mostly egg and coconut flour:

https://detoxinista.com/coconut-flour-pancakes/

You can do a different sweetener since you are a little carb shy.

Oh thanks ! That sounds good, I wouldn't mind garnishing that with some bananas.
I kind of want to try black strap molasses and seeing what can be done with it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yeah! Just be very careful with the molasses - a tiny amount makes a big difference. More than a tsp in a recipe that wasn't designed for it can be too much. It's more of a flavoring than a sweetener, too.

There are cookies which are designed around it but otherwise be careful.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I've heard potatoes and molasses is a great combo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
please stop doing this to yourself, why not eat a bigass salad or something instead of sand cooked in a cast iron pan

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

please stop doing this to yourself, why not eat a bigass salad or something instead of sand cooked in a cast iron pan

Let's Cook: Stop eating sand cooked in a cast iron pan

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

BrianBoitano posted:

There are cookies which are designed around it but otherwise be careful.

still to this day my great grandma's molasses cookies are/were my favorite. She also used lard instead of butter, which probably helped :D

for a way lighter dessert, cut up some pineapple, drizzle w/ a bit of molasses, top with lime zest. super good.

I've had to live out of hotels for a couple months at a time before, but this thread is... inspiring?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

TTerrible posted:

Let's Cook: Stop eating sand cooked in a cast iron pan

i dare you to stop me

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
He quit the forums. :pressf:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
RIP Bird Guy. May your ashes never be mixed with yogurt

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

TheAardvark posted:

He quit the forums. :pressf:

neo-I LIKE FROSTIES/MR CRACKER will be missed

SomedoodIV
Feb 28, 2013

Bird on bird guy, may your milk always be savoury and coconut flour and rice be whatever that is

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Everyone loves prequels these days

I'm pretty sure this is part one of the Masao origin story

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I can’t believe it’s over

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nooooo :negative:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

my vote: troll. totally.

enjoyed it though, F

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

GWS lost one of its most creative minds today. :rip:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Rip bird guy, I laughed a lot, learned a little, and cried the whole time

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

good riddance to bad rubbish imo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Crusty Nutsack posted:

my vote: troll. totally.

enjoyed it though, F

I kept vacillating between "troll" and "extreme brain difficults" until this post

That jumped the shark too close to the sun

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Porque no los dos? He made a few posts like that in NMD, I think he had a pretty rudimentary understanding of trolling and thought it might be fun to rile people up with obviously dumb opinions, but no one really seemed to bite.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
RIP Excellent Bird Guy.

Not just from the forums, IRL too. His food was going to kill him sooner or later.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

prayer group posted:

Porque no los dos? He made a few posts like that in NMD, I think he had a pretty rudimentary understanding of trolling and thought it might be fun to rile people up with obviously dumb opinions, but no one really seemed to bite.

Yeah some of his posts seemed a little suspect but some of them seemed earnestly weird

Like he did genuinely appear to be cooking in a hotel using a Buddhist alms bowl and a hot plate which is commitment to the bit

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I know one person who thinks he was a SWBM gimmick run.