Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

vyelkin posted:

I should mention that I'm pretty certain this was a real game because I played it as a kid. I haven't read the thread and don't know how much of the thread might have been embellishing on the game itself, but the game was definitely real.

Max Headroom and Pulp Fiction references in 1982

I felt the same way as you but I am pretty sure it is a false memory from having read the thread and forgotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

vyelkin posted:

No someone else pointed out that it was riffing on a game called Alter Ego, which is what I was thinking of (but I had forgotten the name). I have distinct memories of playing Alter Ego as a kid but it's clearly a different thing from "Moments" which was invented for the thread.

Fair enough. After looking up Alter Ego, I am still certain that my own memories are false. Lol @ the murdered by chomo ending, btw

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

"TigerMojo” posted:

This is the longest thing I've ever posted on SA or anywhere online...

I don’t really remember when I started talking to Two Worlds but I believe he IMed me first and at the time I had no idea who he was. Some time later, he requested I make that avatar for him and I had to ask why he wanted all of those random characters in the first place. He proceeded to tell me in great detail about the Arielverse, how he has multiple “personas” and that each of those characters represents an individual persona in his mind: The Brute, The Tempest, Mr. C (now dead and with no current replacement), Partyman, The Saint and The Puppetmaster. He also talked about Helldump a lot and how he was the defender of SA (GBS in particular). He also told me about all these weird rules he has for his life like that he could not cuss or cry until he lost his virginity. The weird thing is though, he didn't actually consider that he lost his virginity until the third time that he had sex because he hadn't cummed inside her yet and they hadn't both cummed at the same time.

Anyway, myself and some of the other goons listed as well as others often chat on Skype in the evenings so I invited Two Worlds in and he more or less became part of the group. It didn’t take long to find out that Two Worlds has problems. Lots and lots of problems. You see, he constantly talks about his problems and himself and always wants goony goon advice although he never ever takes it.

He insists on adding people to his Facebook so after much prodding a few finally became Facebook friends. One thing to note about Two Worlds is that EVERYONE trolls him. Not just Helldumpers or goons but people he knows in real life as well. He just kind of drives people to the edge, he has so many insane theories and misguided beliefs that he refuses to change that people he knows just end up insulting him or baiting him to say more ridiculous poo poo. I used to feel bad for him about this but now I know why they do it.

For instance, he believes in the upper world and the under world (Homo Lumen and Homo Cthoni he says). The upper world is full of people who go to Walmart, have 2.5 kids, live in suburban homes, go to church and don't have any secrets at all, they don't have any kinky fetishes and they don't go on the Internet. Then there are the underworlders. This is essentially a laundry list that ranges from goons to channers to child rapists and goth kids. Ariel believes that he is the only person who is between these "two worlds" (yeah, that's where the name comes from) and that he constantly has to balance the forces in his life. If you try to tell him, as many have, that most people who seemingly live normal lives have skeletons in their closet or have some kind of kinky sexual fetish he refuses to believe you and spergs out about it. He also refuses to believe that people "from the Internet" have "real world" problems or lives. Except for him of course, he's a beautiful little unique snow flake.

At first, I took pity on him and I tried to help him. I spent a lot of drat time giving him good advice on things like women, making friends, sex and job searching. It's amazing how completely naiive he is about the most common sense things. After he broke up with his girlfriend, I got onto the subject of sex and he said he didn't use a condom with this lass. He then said "she only slept with 11 guys before me" and "she's infertile" because he thought that that means he also cannot get an STD. I told him he should probably get tested and even looked up directions to a local clinic. He freaked out because the nurses would see him and know what he was coming in for and no one can know that he's had sex. He asked me if he could just get tested for swine flu or something instead.

I told him how normal it is to get tested and told him that in the future he needs to wear condoms to which he had another freak out because the cashier will see him and maybe one of his former students may see him buying small penis condoms. Plus, they'll all know he's having premartial sex, which he believes Upper World people don't do. He, to this day, refuses to buy condoms even when I gave him a link to ones he can buy online. He also claimed that Lutheran women don't have premarital sex so he'll just have sex with Lutheran women from now on. He treats non-lutheran women like chattel, if a girl is non-lutheran he has no problem asking them to make homegrown for his own personal enjoyment. When he's mad at you and you're a female he will threaten to masturbate to your photos, which he saves from Facebook and AwfulYearBook. Yes, this happened to me. One time, a goonette talked dirty to him as a joke and he had to leave the call to go jerk off.

Two Worlds is incredibly socially awkward. He doesn't have any real friends to speak of in Decatur where he currently lives. He says that he has to have balance in his life so when he gets an opportunity to possibly hang out with someone he will often turn it down because they are too nerdy and he feels that he did one nerdy thing that day so now he needs to balance out his upper world and under world by hanging out with a broseph type at a bar. He doesn't really like bros but he wants to be like them so he figures if he hangs out with them he will be more like them.

One time, he was feeling particularly lonely. He wanted our advice on how to set up something at his apartment. He's never had anyone except for his ex-gf at his apartment before. So he turned on his webcam and walked us through his apartment so I could give him tips on what needed to be cleaned up/moved for guests. After this, he wrote up a message to send to some of his nerdy gamer friends on Facebook inviting them over for a party that weekend. I believe this was a Wednesday. In the past, when he tried to call people to hang out he would get very distressed if the call went to voice mail or they said that they were busy. We assured him that this wasn't a big deal. I and another goon looked over his note to his nerd friends and it looked pretty chill. Invited them over to play some games, wii and drink. He kept asking us over and over again if he sounded gay. He is very afraid of sounding gay.

He sent off the message and the response from one of them was that he was busy that weekend but he knew some other people who might want to hang out. To this, Ariel responded that it was "too late" and just killed it right there.

Another time, there was a celebration in his town and he was whining that he had no one to go with but this one girl did express interest. He refused to call her because she was "too goony" (even though I'm pretty sure she's not a goon), possibly watches anime and is the "bad kind of fat." She was less heavy than his last girlfriend and a lot cuter but whatever. Eventually, he invited her to come to his apartment to watch a movie and hang out. She agreed even though they barely know each other. So he tells us that she'll be coming over the next night around 8:30 PM to watch a movie. The goons he was talking to on Skype lightly joke with him that he's going to get some. He spergs out, as usual. He claims he doesn't want to get laid because getting laid turned out so badly last time. Eventually we convince him it might be a possibility. Then he says that he doesn't want to do anything with his penis involved, and that he can show her his magic fingers, claiming she won't be able to walk afterwards. Once he gets her off, he'll simply jerk himself off so she doesn't have to get him off.

Needless to say, it's frustrating when someone asks you for advice then constantly doesn't take it. Then when things don't go his way he calls up crying and sobbing. On top of the crying and sobbing, there is literally no way of making him feel better. He wallows in self-pity. It's like crack for him. I can give him compliments and he says, "I AM NOT A GOOD PERSON DON'T EVER SAY THAT." I can tell him good things about himself and he just turns it around. He goes to the bar and gets drunk by himself on three screwdrivers then comes back and cries some more about how he's going to kill himself via alcohol poisoning. It's probably my own fault but I wasted a lot of time worrying about the little guy and trying to talk him out of "doing something to put himself on the news."

The ultimate thing myself and all the goons who were talking to him tried to help Two Worlds with was getting him to go to a psychiatrist. He went to a therapist a few times (several times he skipped his appointments) and the therapist recommended that he go to a psychiatrist. All he had to do to get medication for his many issues was have a blood test done, so he said. Much like going to get tested for STDs, he flat out refused to do this. I never understood why but he simply would not go. Now, his insurance from his past job has run out and he has no hope of getting it done. Instead, he chooses to believe people who are trolling him's diagnosis of Asperger's, so he is now self-diagnosed aspie.

I guess I should address Two Worlds' past career. There's a lot of rumors on the forums about this I've noticed. He worked as a teacher for one year at a Lutheran high school. He had zero control over his classes and students walked all over him. He couldn't even control a class of two students. As a result, Ariel called Professor Xavier to get the Dream Helm to help with the dementor attacks in his class, but the X-Men were too busy to bring Ariel the Dream Helm because the S.H.I.E.L.D helicarrier was hijacked by terrorists (from his Live Journal). Eventually, the students who actually wanted to learn complained to their parents that nothing was getting done in class and the school had to let him go. He has been unemployed up until this month when he got a job as a delivery boy with Papa John's.

Although he claims to be in between the two worlds of the Internet and the real world, I don't know anyone who has more cross over between lives. Most people probably keep their Something Awful postings and general Internet shenanigans out of conversation with real life friends. Ariel does not do this. He talks about Something Awful on his Twitter and Facebook. He uses Intener memes in real life (I know from talking to one of his real life friends.) He even goatsed everyone on his Facebook once. He talks publically on his Facebook about separating his Lutheran friends/Decatur people from the Internet people on his list like they can't see it. Telling him to remove Internet people from his friend's list is futile. So I told him he could make a separate fake Facebook just for Internet people so that he wouldn't make a gigantic rear end of himself in front of friends and family in real life. Another piece of advice he did not take.

If there's a term for Two Worlds, it would be "Too Much Information." Even when people ask him not to he shares intimate details about things like his girlfriend's vagina (horrid smell and the gaping size) and the kinky things he would do to her involving household objects such as his toothbrush, remote control and cellphone. He would also use the horrid smell of her vagina as the reason he couldn't stay hard, even though he would constantly ask her if he was still hard while he was inside her. He would say these things both during and after he was dating her.

He never ever talks about anyone but himself. If you try to have a conversation about something it somehow gets turned into a conversation either about the Arielverse or his problems. Even when I had conversations with him about things we both mutually liked like comic books it would get turned into something about him. He never asks how I am doing or what's going on in my life but I sure as hell knew every minute detail of his every day happenings whether I wanted to or not. He will blatantly interrupt you mid-sentence and ramble into one of his own problems totally unrelated to any conversation, and will ignore any attempts to move the conversation away from himself.

So after months of this bullshit, everyone just kind of got sick of it, so after he was invited in, we'd turn the conversation back to something that wasn't Two Worlds. One time we tried to turn the conversation to food and he freaked out and said, "IS THAT A MEME?!" He thought we were laughing at him when we weren't and would freak out over weird poo poo like one person in Skype saying, "WWCXD?" (What would Charles Xavier Do?) He yelled at us to shut the gently caress up.

He told one goon that he was being "out of character for this story arc" because he stopped giving him advice. When the goon implored what he meant, Ariel said that he was "breaking the 4th wall" and that Warren Ellis was writing a story about them.

This all came to a head one night when one person in Skype told him he was One World and that if anyone was Two Worlds it was not him. He got really depressed about this. The next day he started raging out on Facebook about us. I sent him a message asking him to just remove me from his friend's list and telling him that I hope he seeks psychological help and is happier some day. That afternoon, I find out he decided to start calling bosses to get back at us for whatever reason.

He called my friend's boss and said that she was harassing him from work, which was totally bogus. So she had to have a conversation with her employer about Ariel Campos. She is a single mom by the way and probably the one person out of the group who was the nicest to him out of everyone.

This all happened very recently and I feel that people need to know this poo poo, that Ariel isn't a poor soul who gets a bad rap on SA but actually a really big jerk who has mental problems but refuses to get help and revels in the attention that people give him; good or bad. I guess that's where the "passive aggressive posts" come from because I didn't want to troll the thread with the drama. I'm sorry to poo poo up your challenge, Ayb.

I think that's about everything. I really didn't want this to be tl;dr but it's kind of impossible with someone like Two Worlds who holds four-hour conversations with you entirely about himself.

Edit: Oh yeah, and his most recent Live Journal about him losing his virginity starts off narrated in the voice of one of his students.

GlobglogGroAbgalab has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Sep 1, 2020

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Have we mentioned the hero who toted his printer five miles on foot for some frigid ingrate?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

I’ve always got the greedo pic at the ready. Maclunkey indeed

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

I always shoot first

Len posted:

So I know it's a funny pic, but that's weird man.

I am online to the point that I am relatively unrelatable

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

Oh well nevermind.

Now he's just... I don't know, Captain America?

A crypto-nazi? On the SomethingAwful.com forums??

Famethrowa posted:

holy poo poo I remember refreshing the page because needo the greedo then suddenly it poked its little head in

*boop!*

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Bodybuilding Virgin 420 posted:

i started reading Feeyad when i was 1 year old baby and I looked at the screen and saw the Gross Picks and Got a boner I raped my first "Hoe" at the age of 3 and Cummed in her to. I got all Effs in school and wrote Feeyad memes on all my tests and quizzes and me and NiggerStomper58 would go around and torture woodland creatures and spell out "Coco the clowns a police" with squirrel entrails on the wood board floor of the gym. at the age of 6 i curb stomped a Nigga because he told me Barnacle Jim had a short face. Anyways I work at Goldman Sachs now and make 7 figure salary.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

McNally posted:

McNally posted:

gently caress you McNally don't do this here

Don't loving edit my posts you rear end in a top hat

JOHN HAS A LONG MUSTACHE

JOHN HAS A LONG MUSTACHE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I know this is a nothing-burger, but it, along with the 100k probe for attempted coup gave me a giggle

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Inceltown posted:

Was peeing through a hole in the floor a bachelor thread?

gently caress yeah he laid down and stuck his dick through the floor hole but was afraid wild beasts would eat his dingus in the nighttime

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Shmorky

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

I remember that gentle giganto. Night clerking can be scary, and it would have been very nice to be physically intimidating when I did that job

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

quote:

CARROLL VALLEY Ian T. Chesnick, 24, on March 5, 2009, passed from this life and is continuing his journey into the great beyond. He was born December 7, 1984, in Pittsburgh, the son of A. Scott and Sharon Soderquist Chesnick of Carroll Valley. Ian was a member of St. John Lutheran Church in Fairfield. He was a Resident Night Staff member at the Hoffman Home for Youth and was a longtime "Liftee" at Ski Liberty. He attended courses at the FAES School at the National Institutes of Health. He was an avid computer gamer with contacts around the country. Ian voiced one of the aliens in the Halo videogame franchise. Mr. Chesnick was also a Medieval Artisan who participated in Renaissance Faires in the area. In addition to his parents, he is survived by a maternal grandmother, Hazel Soderquist of Gibsonia; two sisters, Ingrid Graves and her husband, Andrew of Blue Ridge Summit, and Ilsa Chesnick of Carroll Valley; as well as numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins. A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 21, 2009 at Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, Fairfield, with the Rev. Dale Williams officiating. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to The Ian T Chesnick Memorial Scholarship Fund- c/o S. Chesnick 8 Champion Trail Fairfield, PA 17320.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Lowtax did 6/23

Burt hid the facts

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

*sees fau consistently moderating in a responsible and professional way*

*shits on fau’s toes*

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Would someone tell the tale of permabanned poster SlurStomper?

Although I admit no one tells it like the stomper himself

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

El_Elegante posted:

this saga sucks

I wish someone would just end it already

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I’m lolling at the horror hog guy being banned for posting “my horror hog” over and over,

I know, old news, but :same:

This had me cracking up all day at work, some dingus-shaped tulpa that loves spooky like a normal wang loves sexy

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Spinz posted:

Moon Slayer has a thin skin and is probe heavy. As an outsider to pyf it's obvious they are ambitious (lol) and are attempting to change this forum to something edgier. It's too bad they weren't made a mod of one of the fyad-lites.
We'll see what happens.

Imagine looking in the mirror and seeing this guy looking back at you, lol

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

vyelkin posted:

imo one sad but really common thing I see on the forums is people saying things like "as an outsider to PYF". Like, you're an insider! You paid ten dollars to be an insider! Just because you don't regularly post in a subforum doesn't mean you're on the outside of some clique that's guarding the gates and vigilantly judging outsiders whenever you venture out of your comfort zone.

I read this four times over trying to grok your meaning, and I still have no idea whether you are being sarcastic or not. This is a powerful post and I love it.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Yes, Aatrek hurt children, not dogs

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

E:
All the slurs feel icky

Just imagine I posted the permabanned poster meme

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Some of it is just shitheads, but given the current leanings of the forum, some is almost certainly anarchists who are ideologically opposed to hierarchies, and feel anybody enforcing a hierarchy is a cop.

If their ideal (such as an unmodded forum) having publicly, blatantly, failed many times in the past would be the sort of thing to stop them, well, they wouldn't be anarchists.

If this is true and they are so committed to their ideology that they cant take a breather even for something as petty as SA, then :brainworms: I guess.

Tunicate posted:

sir this is a Wendy's drive through

So say we all!

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

ChubbyChecker posted:

this is kinda similar how goons decided that it's cool and good to harass, stalk and make fun of a mentally ill man who was having an episode, just because he had an unworkable plan to walk across america

It’s called pissing in the well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Pick posted:

Crab rangoon is loving nasty dude

E: oops lol

This is a bad take, Pick. Smdh.