Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

:frogsiren: TO PLAY WITH GOONS, JOIN OUR DISCORD! https://honk.click/discord :frogsiren:

EVE ECHOES: Like EO, but you can carry your pubbie tears in your pocket!

(I recommend using BlueStacks or a similar emulator to play when viable, unless you like mobile gaming. :pcgaming: )

What are goons up to in EE?

FAQ!

Q: Will my 5 year old tablet run this game?
A: There is a chart of officially supported CPUs and minimum specs linked below. As they do more optimizations, it's getting better and better. It's already dropped from 4GB of RAM to 2GB and the list of supported CPUs has exploded. Look up the specs on your phone (google that poo poo, you heathen) and see what CPU it has. Look on the below list. If it's there, you're golden. If not, eh... Cross your fingers or throw your wallet at the problem.

Q: How many accounts can I have?
A: You can register with your Google or iCloud, Facebook, Twitter or email. Can you guess which is going to be more secure?

Q: Can I run this on my computer?
A: There has been no word yet on a stand-alone version for PC/Mac but there's no shortage of emulators out there and the devs have basically said that they don't care if you use them, but don't expect them to provide support if it isn't working out. Lots of goons have been using Bluestacks and similar to play.

Q: Is Echoes going to be P2W?
A: You can buy their ingame currency PLEX which is used to give you an "Omega Clone" for a month, increasing your passive skillpoint gain, or you can sell the PLEX to other players for Isk, the regular game money. It's not necessary to buy plex to enjoy the vast majority of what the game has to offer, and it's somewhat easy to get yourself the basic omega clone status by doing in-game stuff.

Q: Can I fly a titan?
A: Supercaps aren't in the game yet. Frieghters are the only cap ship in game, with dreads coming later this year. Right now, battleships are as big as it goes for shooting stuff.

Links:
Official EVE Echoes Server - https://discord.gg/eveechoes
EVE Echoes GOONS Server - https://honk.click/discord
Goosefleet Wiki - https://wiki.goosetools.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Ok, I'm in. Now what?

Fly spaceships, hang out, if you want to do something for the betterment of GOONS, just ask in discord and someone will give you a useful thing to do! WHEN IN DOUBT, PING SLIPPY!

Don't import drama from discord itt, tia!

WE HAVE ARRIVED
https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessShakingDumplingsKeyboardCat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJNR8YOkLQo

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The game is real good and fun

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Shoot Blues, tell, uh, somebody.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

games fun discords fun everything owns

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Shoot Blues, tell, uh, somebody.

Requiescat in Pace.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

I wonder if any drama is going to happen?

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Reset the clock! Goosefleet OP

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

ThatEvilOne posted:

Reset the clock! Goosefleet OP

We have one calendar week.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
hello to the new-new leadership in one week!

Pryce
May 21, 2011
If you expected the mobile EVE game to deliver a condensed, simplified experience, you are correct.

If you expected the mobile EVE thread to deliver a condensed, simplified dramafest, you are correct.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Currently taking applications for the next thread OP.

monkfoot
Jul 21, 2007
Whoops

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

New Week New Thread New Doctrine New CEO New Leadership New You Shoot Blue

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

Someone said wallet?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

are you supposed to sign up for a list to become the new leader or is it just a lottery system after the week ends?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

I will have you know that I am a pro at getting banks, wallets, not so much.

Colin Mockery posted:

are you supposed to sign up for a list to become the new leader or is it just a lottery system after the week ends?

The person who doesn't want to be space dictator the most becomes space dictator.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

guys we have a week to schedule our next drama, we need to get on this

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Kim Jaym Il posted:

Currently taking applications for the next thread OP.

Lets go full circle. Dibs.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

which type of calendar

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Next likely EE goon villain identified.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I promise as leader I will melt down in extremely hilarious fashion.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Reminder! The doctrine is determined before every fight via raffle.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

hey everybody. round 3 ding ding ding

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:
Goons
Obstinately
Overcomplicate
New
System

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Multiple leadership changes, lowsec and nullsec are the wild loving west, memes everywhere, the game being played both inside and outside of the actual client, seriously: this really has it all and is the complete EVE experience on the toilet. Even with the questions about travel interdiction, missiles, bad corporation UI, server issues, it's just unreal how much Netease and CCP got right in this implementation. I'm really looking forward to a lot of the EVE stuff that still has ships in the client being implemented (full ewar, exploration, etc) because I'm so curious as to just how big this thing can really get.

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

Wait how do I do that UI optimization?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I promise as leader I will melt down in extremely hilarious fashion.

I vote this man for space dictator.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

SpaceDrake posted:

Multiple leadership changes, lowsec and nullsec are the wild loving west, memes everywhere, the game being played both inside and outside of the actual client, seriously: this really has it all and is the complete EVE experience on the toilet. Even with the questions about travel interdiction, missiles, bad corporation UI, server issues, it's just unreal how much Netease and CCP got right in this implementation. I'm really looking forward to a lot of the EVE stuff that still has ships in the client being implemented (full ewar, exploration, etc) because I'm so curious as to just how big this thing can really get.

yeah honestly i am extremely surprised how smooth the game is in all ways, for a mobile game. i expected mildly improved trash and instead i got a solid mobile eve experience with an endless fountain of drama

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

I've lead before and I'll do it again!!!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I've been impressed with the stability of our leadership.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I'm almost afraid to ask. What name did you go with?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I've been impressed with the stability of our leadership.

It's truly something, isn't it?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

My phone gets hot like a mini sun

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Snail Information posted:

The options aren't even up for a vote yet because it takes 1 billion isk to make an alliance and we don't have that kind of isk to spare for "things that are not spaceships".

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Erev posted:

Lets go full circle. Dibs.

If you insist

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Snail Information posted:

we will put it up for a vote, democratically. Y'all want goosefleet, we'll do goosefleet. We wont unilaterally decide an alliance name.

Also we won't buy an alliance anytime soon, its not needed. We can put goons into 20 Caracal Navy Issues for 1 bil

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I went to sleep and everything exploded again

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

This was your first mistake.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

kirbysuperstar posted:

Stop sleeping.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I was in goonfleet many years ago when we were flying alpha fleet and baltec fleet and in VFK. Darius Johnson was our leader. It was a lot of fun for the most part. I just started this game and I知 kind of at a total loss as of what to do. I picked Gelente, did a bunch of tutorials, and I think I知 in a random hisec system. Should I just stay in this random system and run missions until I have the isk to buy better ships, making this random system my homebase for now. Or is there a system that I should be flying to and making my homebase before really getting started on the missions and all? Is it best as a beginner to just grab all the random missions off the news feed and do them, or is there a certain order I should do them for those story mission requirements? I think my biggest prob is that the system I知 in doesn稚 really have a ship or fitting market, anything of value is like 20 jumps away.

Maybe once I get my head wrapped around it all and I知 a little more self sufficient I値l join the goon Corp, if it hasn稚 imploded again by then. Maybe someone could call Darius Johnson and ask him to lead us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

tutorial stuff gives a ton of good poo poo, do them up. mission run missions you havent done yet(doesnt show a check mark) and if you need some mods or something just ask theres a trillion though you might be only like tech3-4 right now. even if you dont join its like pennies on the dollar to throw some mods your way