Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Multiple leadership changes, lowsec and nullsec are the wild loving west, memes everywhere, the game being played both inside and outside of the actual client, seriously: this really has it all and is the complete EVE experience on the toilet. Even with the questions about travel interdiction, missiles, bad corporation UI, server issues, it's just unreal how much Netease and CCP got right in this implementation. I'm really looking forward to a lot of the EVE stuff that still has ships in the client being implemented (full ewar, exploration, etc) because I'm so curious as to just how big this thing can really get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Is this what EO was like? Grown adults getting mad about their internet space yacht empire?

All this is nothing compared to what Online was and even is like. Look up the vehement hate some players of Online have for Mittani (Nurismancer on the forums) sometime.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

And just to point out: the pew remains incredibly good.

That's the CEO of a corp whose defense/ratting fleet we had mauled a couple hours prior getting his 130m+ Thorax popped when he came back into a Scout deadspace he had previously evidently failed to clear and ran right into the Big McHuge/Master42/Lucca D. Woodchipper Going Brrrr. This was just the capstone to an evening of dozens of ships getting popped for literally no goon losses at all. I think Big would have the fullest accounting of everything we killed on that one roam (and he was responsible for a lot of it).

Get in, go honk. This game is stupidly fun for a mobile title.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Sep 1, 2020

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Radio Free Kobold posted:

i could tell you that, but i would be lying.
i have had more fun playing Echoes in the last few weeks than i've ever had playing Eve.

I've gotten something like ten times more kills nervously playing this while slammed with work over the past three weeks than I got in fifteen years of playing Online.

It's complete anarchy out there and [HONK] is quickly assembling the resources to let you, the common honker, blow terribly fit people up.

Absolutely get in here.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

orange juche posted:

Are bomb launchers and bombs actually in EE? if so, we could get up to some real fun poo poo. Decloaking 10 SBs off of a belt full of mining ventures and just exploding all of them at once :sickos:

Bombs are not in yet, but the "lower tier" bomber now has a bonus to medium torpedoes (basically HAMs) and they absolutely rip up anything bigger than a frigate.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

it's like they stripped out all the unfun jank from EVEO and delivered the joy directly. I hope sov space never makes an appearance.

Sov is right at the very top of the list for things getting implemented in the first expando-patch in about two months and some change now. For some I imagine this is a point of :negative:.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

rocketrobot posted:

Probably next week.

In other news, PLEX is double the price it was 4 days ago. There are about 4 days left on the initial omega clone timers. Are we thinking 3 days until critical mass?

I am so heavily regretting not investing early. I doubted it'd truly get crazy in the second month, but I also underestimated ISK flow into the game and was so busy the first few weeks. :negative:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Oh dear god. Now there's more Echoes drama and honks had nothing at all to do with it.

I was not ready for the public players to melt down over autopilot scram invincibility being fixed quite like this. :allears:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

I think there's a really good point to be made that travel should be safe in toilet eve, but holy moly these meltdowns over it are something else.

Yeah, I mean, stealth makes a good point but I also did kind of like how safe it was even in null. But holy moly the people losing their minds over it are something else again.

And it's not like lowsec isn't incredibly safe on gates and stations still.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Who is even making these things

Our entire organization has accumulated all of two (2) pirate ship wrecks and they're not even that faction.

Valfleet got a fair number of blood wrecks; you need to farm deadspace hard for them. Slight edit: they only come from actual faction ships (i.e. Darkness Cruors, Ashimmus and Bhaalgorns, etc.)

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 10, 2020

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Rynder posted:

Saw a cringy reddit post about EO where some guy is furious that he got that goondor Mittani email and he's gonna resub just to fight against them. And the rest of the comments are invoking GDPR... all the while it was an automated email from the forums that they got a PM? Jesus people are dumb.

If I ask in the EO thread I'll probably get some propaganda that things are fine, and i don't want to dig through youtube "war news". The tone of the email seemed pretty desperate - is it safe to assume that the EO goons are likely going to lose their war?

Actually, I give EO Goons pretty good odds of at least driving away the pubs after an even bigger Titan welp than the previous ones (which will hopefully clean some of the drat things out of the game for a bit). They have some serious loving infrastructure in place in Delve's core systems, especially 1DH, and taking sov from them is going to take literally forever. And then there's the fact that some of the pubs are already getting bored and not really bothering to show up to structure bash (TEST is especially bad about this).

Mittens is mostly trying to get as many folks in as possible to have some insurance, but even the existing EO crew can probably handle things and pull out a big W and oceans of opposition tears.

Still, this is the EE thread, not the EO one.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Yeah, like, I'm absolutely down with the lowsec guns being hilariously lethal. Lowsec gate camps were always the actual boring nonsense of Online for everyone involved. It always felt weird that lowsec was "null, but with a few annoying guns and number go down if you're a baddie" rather than "yeah you can kind of hide in lowsec and do poo poo off the beaten path, but if you just walk up to The Man you're going to get your cloaca remodeled".

I'm not even entirely unsympathetic to some of the autopilot stuff (and it's made me a lot more careful about taking my Maller into null) but it's really a necessary step if they want the nullsec territory game to be A Thing in Echoes. It is what it is and we'll adapt. Now, the real question you might want to ask is why it took four weeks into launch to change it after the problem was evidently reported on extensively in the beta phases...

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I'm also kind of in awe that the reddit is melting down a good 24 hours after the patch.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Last night was indeed a glorious night of murder and money.

Not pictured: a deadspace ballistic control

The Pithum-C Rapid Lights. :eyepop: That's easily a billion ISK right there.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Khris Kruel posted:

another important part of amarr is that they're the cheapest ships to build.

Minmatar just went through the roof since some alliances in the south changed their fleet doctrines to stabbers. BP's are going for 5 mil and hulls for 19 mil.

At some point soon people are gonna get wise to how good Mallers, ONIs and basically all the T7/8 Amarr BCs are. I suspect this time of glorious cheapness isn't going to last forever.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Rynder posted:

I don't know about the newest autopilot change were it waits for you to load in. Everything is so much slower now.

It's rather discouraging in that it is addressing the entirely wrong problem.

People didn't want to "wait for load", they wanted to never be camped ever. They were dying before load because they were idiots.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Definitely need a tag after tonight.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

And yeah, tonight was...quite special. It was the first time we truly deployed with the full force of geese for the purposes of shooting people. We ended up not being able to because the opposition was so incompetent that our allies were more or less fine on their own, but we both got some practice in during the mining op defense beforehand and hunting down a few stragglers.

The gooseflock fully deployed as a thing of majesty.

And then, later on, we got to put a few thru the uprights as we helped the citadel through its shield repair timer.

All in all I was real happy to see so many geese turn out tonight; I'm glad I had a chance to make it myself. I wish we'd had more to shoot but it was still a great time and we got a ton of folks in highly replaceable ships.

And our allies in VVV clearly appreciated us showing up and our honks. :unsmith:

Echoes has been a great time so far and I can't wait to see what we get up to next.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

feedmegin posted:

Wait, we do, who?

VVV, now, although I would definitely say that the relationship between us and 3V is a lot more equal than the early GF/RED relationship (everyone's on equal footing skillwise, for starters).

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

esto es malo posted:

red/gs was way different than this, they brought out a ton of trainers with for quick insurance reimbursements and we had a fleet of omens, both viable and cool and good. its not like we were all in rifters and they had dreads

The "using trainers and can-yues because we uniquely have a space station in this system and can thus instantaneously reimburse lost hulls and re-equip in seconds to get back out there and bury our opponent in ships" strat was brilliant, as a side note. That's some seriously great strategy for this stage of the game and would've made that Astrahaus assault even more of a meat grinder for the attackers than it was to start with. Anyone who wants to take out VVV's home sweet home is going to have to bring an extremely dedicated fleet, with backup available, to do it.

But yeah VVV and us are definitely on equal footing. We ourselves would plop down a space groverhaus but Taisy is just too ridiculously convenient to basically all of Tribute to even bother right now.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

bee tee doubles: if you join right now, you'll still get the 200k bonus for the end-of-first-month celebration. when you combine this with the 500k you get in the "join a corp" quest, this is enough to immediately take you to Tech 5.

So right now is a pretty good time to sign up.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Khris Kruel posted:

I bet this is how the game was when Eve O first came out, a crapton of clueless people just wandering into death

Can confirm this is how it was in the early days

It's why BOB got the reputation they did, as they were mildly competent and had some previous Homeworld experience

this made them gods among other EVE players

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Colin Mockery posted:

No one cares about Second Galaxy and no one cares about the CEOs in that game. Maybe if you're big in the Second Galaxy community and that's important to you, you should go play with people who care about that.

:ssh: The writing is on the wall and Second Galaxy is going almost certainly close service, or at least conclude English service, within the next twelve months so everyone is looking for a different spacegame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Meanwhile, I know a lot of people don't want them in toilet EVE, but... I kind of do want capitals to get introduced, because I really like the visual design of the Amarrian capitals and I want to fly them. :smith: Let me rock around in my Rev or my Archon or even my Aeon. We can leave the Avatar, tho.