Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Toilet eve update: still no clue what I'm doing, somehow have 50mm isk and a cruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Tektolnes posted:

Is this called Toilet Eve because you can play it while taking a poo poo? Or is it called that because the game is poo poo?

Por que no los dos?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What medal

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Wait what are we shooting?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Honk

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Which one are you

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

DrZepam posted:

Can we have more NPSI/NBSI (depending on pilots morals) Shei's roams for misc random charities ? i loved todays one even if i was on crunch time at work slacking waiting for builds to be done. Would 10/10 donate ! Grr ebil provi jumped on us on the most opportunistic way tho, they deserve more roams.

What are you talking about? What does NPSI/NBSI mean?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

helperdog posted:

Duckbar actually had a gift card thingy

:toot:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Virigoth posted:

Again?!

E: sending a miner there on autopilot now

It's like we never left.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I swear if I took my retriever out of ynrj for nothing...

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kyro posted:

Today felt a kinda historical. No more MARS or BOOP POSs in Taurus. Just Geese.

Besides the one they made public to us in YRNJ

I mean the citadel hardly counts.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaysette posted:

Rocc Succ got a POS kill today lol

And yet no killmail posted.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaysette posted:

fountain isn't safe for fake goons

i was in the next system but you killed it too fast :argh:

:honk:

Stuck in a meeting at work :argh:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thought I would share this here for the single person who somehow follows this thread but not discord. My wife made me this shirt for Christmas. Apparently it involved somewhat re-creating the logo because she didn't have a high res source to start from which is hilarious.

Merry Christmas geese.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Digital Prophet posted:

The shirt looks awesome.

In the future, if she wants to do more goose things, just ask in this thread or propagander on discord for sources of anything we made. Im not active anymore, but im happy to dig through saved media files.

Thanks! I don't imagine she will make any more stuff, and she didn't post to keep it a surprise. I will let her know though just in case.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kyro posted:

Square rock rock freedom!!!

The last intrumesent ever, and we recorded it from the front row seats. Plus snagged a few rocks for ourselves.

Turns out there's another. :v:

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 9, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Username / coup result combo.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
It wasn't free though, kyro stole from honk as well:

Unclear how that impacts the total though.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

I’m Now I'm stuck because it won't let me progress until I spend skill points to expedite a skill (which I have already spent). A+ job CCP.

Turn off skill training for however long it needs, you bank points (100k alpha unlimited omega). Then hit expedite when you turn it back on.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Sardonik posted:

This was a minor incident relative to all the other exploits of the thread. But during a gatecamp of some douchebags, a sniping tornado was talking mad poo poo in local. Called my stabber out as a target in local, warped in and attacked me. I hit my shield booster at exactly the right time and then jumped out. Had I not trained cruiser defense I would absolutely have died.

I escaped with 14% struct, he lost his 300m tornado: :toot:

Screenshots like this make me ponder expert cruiser defense 4 and 5.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
And yes drones magically appear in your drone bay when you warp, no waiting required it's amazing. Also drone kiting is a great way to earn isk and it used to be a great way to make people VERY mad.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Are ships destroyed in faction warfare lost or is it “virtual wargaming”.

Nope, it's all fake and fun and only right when it's released do they accidentally blow up for real then they fix it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just look at baja's lossmails the fittings are all there.

Basically you want drones 4/4 med drones 5/4 med drone upg 4/4 plus whatever the two hull bonuses are to 5 asap. Don't bother with small drones as they aren't a pre-req.

Basically no skills gate other skills. So you can just skip them. I would jump in an arbyco as a stepping stone ship.

The you can circle around and get 5/4 then 5/5 on the various relevant skills.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

esto es malo posted:

every idiot flying a faction frig will try to attack your arbyco as you MWD in a straight line into the void of space, and will die in 2-3 drone cycles, then try again as soon as they reship. its very fun.

Pro tip

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Well I hit T6 this morning so I can fly one now. Finishing up Med drone operation V today and then more drone support skills. I already have armor operation V and working on higher tier stuff (but not hardening since I get that for free for finishing advanced training I guess). Almost ready to rock. Just need a reliable source of income that doesn’t involve charity now.

Leery about spending SP on the high-tier cruiser defense/engineering/piloting stuff since my end goal is a BC.

Skip the hardener skills. Want some arbyco's?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

In SU sure. I don’t think they’ll do me much good in highsec.

Is there any downside to being podded in echoes other than your pride? Clone levels/implants aren’t a thing, right? I’d almost rather be podded so I don’t have to fly back to wherever I came from

It's called the pod express. It's rude not to pod people. I will give them to you in maximum grief zone.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 23, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Contract up you're going to need more fittings and stuff this is just spare stuff most of it stolen from void ratters. I tried to limit it to mk5 stuff so ask slippy for a fat stack of mk5 drones.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Thanks a million. I’ll make it work. I still have like 140m left over from Slippy’s charity donation

Just ask him for a stack of mk5 drones we have literal hundreds

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Oh oops.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

So uh, I just spent a fuckton of money on expert med drone skills. Hoping that wasn’t a huge mistake. Didn’t realize I was paying 30m+ per-skill until it was too late.

Lol

Like, isk? Good job. Med drone op/upg is a great skill to have.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

It’s in the plan but that’s a ~5 day skill or so it’s near the back right now

Yep, I have like 38m left out of the 200m I started with. All spent on skills

That's one of the few things you need to spend hard currency on. Most of your fittings should be cheap navy stuff right now, except for drones which should be mk5. Good job.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Im just sticking with bargain bin mkv fittings until I get my legs under me. Right now I’m flying junk caracals for tutorial stuff. I will start caring more when I’m out for blood

I don’t want to waste cash on faction stuff just yet

Faction stuff is basically free at this point, but yeah fly whatever. Also we're WAY more active in discord.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

I can fly a battlecruiser (poorly). I managed to clear the Sleeper concord encounter and got p much nothing for finishing it but by god, I finished it (by warping in at 100k, running in, dumping drones and then MWDing away screaming).

Lemme tell you, charging at Rokhs in my dumb rear end space penguin is not fun.

Final tally was 2 rokhs, a scorpion, a mess of BCs, destroyers covops and a couple frigs. Took me over an hour to finish lmao

This is how I used to clear t10 rat bases in a covops cruiser. Those last two waves are spicy when fresh.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

NumptyScrub posted:

Applied for GOOP in Goosetools, should I apply in-game to GOOP or HONK?

I'm crap at this game so it's probably a net negative either way :v:

Honk and get on discord so you can ping slippy all day.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
If bs5 hates your windows install you need to make sure hardware accelerated hyper-v is on and available. This might mean a trip into the bios to make sure virtualization support is on first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
They added clone jumping.