Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

We ran out of goons to steal the Corp wallet so we brought in Jazz to send it to pubbies.

what game was this? I can't sleep and maybe a good story will help me sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rynder posted:

Where do you think the t7 assault destroyers will settle in price once they start getting manufactured? I dumped all my free sp and training time so far in destroyers and small rails / drones because I am stubborn and I don't like how the vexor looks.

No one can make T7 anything yet, but based on other prices, ships in a tier regardless of class seem to stick around the same price. So I'm going with "Whatever a battleship battlecruiser costs".

edit: whoops BS are T8

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kaysette posted:

cough up for an omega clone so you can get a contract for one? idk if you can get one otherwise

can always pick it up from a corp hanger if we had one

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Hopefully someone is recording the stream when they get popped.

I have suggested when it happens that someone use the twitch clip feature to get the landing to kill as a clip in their channel preserving it so he can wear it with pride. (or flip out and ban the person that made it from his channel which is also funny and will need to be clipped). we should have our own recording though because I think you can hide / delete clips as the streamer.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MaliciousOnion posted:

I guess commie fleets are dead

They are now HONK missions fleets, if something is censored we should use HONK in place of it, better if it's done with a sound board even on voice coms because that will be funny and not get old hearing goosesseseses honking all the time.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Keegers posted:

Free Honk Kong.

Free Honk Honk

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

so is there an actual conglomeration of GOONss now?

i remember when there were 30-40 people loving around on discord in various fleets, now it's dead empty in the two discords i'm in unless there is a 10 man ratting fleet going on

is there any presence left or did the drama schism break the GOONs interest

There were a few rough starts, mostly with people thinking this was going to be run the exact same and have the exact same rules as goons do in EVE Online. Goose is going to be the good group I feel it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

rocketrobot posted:

Today, I am screwing around in high sec anomalies with a Burst. It's the fastest frigate that's pilotable right now, other than the Burst II, which costs too drat much for 7 extra m/s. I fit it with a MWD, an autocannon and a remote shield booster. My primary goal is to steal from pubbies running highsec scout+ sites. But I am also going to try to deny, or at least delay, the final kill to get into looting position. I am also hoping this will piss off anyone in one of my regular farming sites enough to go somewhere else if it proves effective against destroyers.

I've run into plenty of pubbies who don't even have an AB and are farming these, they get really pissed when you steal from them multiple times and end up with 100% of the loot other than the lovely MK3 stuff in wrecks they prioritize because it's closer and in their mind the loot is all theirs and anyone else is cheating / stealing / not playing by the rules. They are wrong, honk at them while taking what is yours. You are a goose, everything is belongs to you.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

jabro posted:

Is there a skill to increase loot opening radius? Like Targeting or something?

nope, strap and MWD to your hull

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

no one saying that is thinking about owning space though they are thinking in terms of 0.0 is public land for everyone.

They'll have a problem with people claiming ownership of the systems too I bet when sov hits.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If they show skill and we show skill a mutual respect for good fights will form.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

corgski posted:

And here we were worried Netease wasn't going to be like CCP.

Also we need a :netease: smiley - if someone makes one and donates the typical smiley cost to rainn i should be able to poke the bear about getting it added.

The discord has one, it likely needs a cleanup when converted to an acceptable format for SA (discord smilies have to be a 1:1 ratio so perfectly square).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

DeepSpaceBeans posted:

Just do your mining on bluestacks like all us cool kids. Then you can watch yer vids while you poop in peace.

Or use split view, in Android press the show open apps button (alt+tab equiv) tap the app icon of the app that is currently open and press "open in split screen view" you will now have half your screen that is that app the other half will be the alt tab. Select the app you want in the 2nd half of the screen. You can move the middle of the screen to change how much each app takes up of your screen. EVE doesn't love this but you can monitor your EVE account keep it active and then just slide to make the EVE app take up 100% of the screen basically returning you to full screen and closing your youtube video quickly if you need to bail because a neutral just warped into your anom or whatever. If you just need to switch rocks the UI should still be responsive enough even while squished to do that.

You must tab the app's icon not the app window on the alt tab for the first program to engage split screen, the second one you have to tab the window like you are selecting it. It's rather awkward and not intuitive at all.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Whenever I restore EE from a split-screen, the whole interface scales weird and I can't really do anything. I always have to restart it after.

If that happens just minimizing to the home menu and opening again usually fixes the UI and the game is still where you left it. Not good for PvP though! I get a messed up UI sometimes after opening chat but not actually chatting (like type something then the person leaves to I delete it then close) the UI buttons like chat and ship mods are at mid screen and my target list is off the screen making it a horrid mess.

I find it restores properly if I hold it in landscape and have them side by side it get's messy if they are on top and bottom. Where you split matters!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Also you can get someone to share theirs in chat which surprisingly works!

if you have sent someone a tell you can even send it to just them, great for alts

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They are also super cheap and melt the standard meta of Caldari

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You forgot their best feature they are the most phallic.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

For some reason I thought the Apoc had the Avatar model and picturing a glorious fleet of dongs.

no we are going to have 1 guy that owns a space dick welp.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They are just buying that bull instead of leaving that is amazing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

PleasantDirge posted:

Just let me set 150 hours of skill upgrades and I will fall on that sword for science

Pick a nice skill to 5/5 many of them take several hundred.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It's Smashcoin, because smash mouth needs to eat the egg :douche: or something... do we want people eating the eggs I guess not oh hmmmmm

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You messed up not trying it after they cleared and instead just believing Kris.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Is anyone actually mad? I think it's funny

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Maller and Coercer Navy seem really popular. Maller has a nice tank and goes fast in a straight line. Coercer Navy has an extra mid and better turning.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

if I get one I'm going to gorilla glue it to a spinner so I can spin ships irl.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

What is with the nonstop a tier propaganda? Please don't burn out.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Goosemeet 2024

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Not counting any free SP we get obv.

I'm thinking there's gonna be some holiday login bonus with SP coming up. We have Halloween and Thanksgiving coming up.

If you are thinking Chinese Holidays I'm not familiar with them but a quick Google says first week of October looks like the next national.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kaysette posted:

I started my mining alt as a goof but now I’m bummed I won’t be stripping on them for almost two months. The time difference between tiers of omega is starting to be annoying... might need to pony up a bit more.

Cheap Omega is for when you have your skills trained so you can use advanced / expert skills and want to play, the fancy Omega is for actually skilling up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'll take a tag

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Haha wasn’t expecting to get picked when I filled out the application.

:shrug:

See if I get into the second round.

They want someone in Honk obviously we have to have made some impression

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Saddest Robot posted:

I wish we had arrived 1 min earlier so he could have been double-tf as 60 additional ships pour through the gate.

Considering it was our first real op as a group (many have played EO but even that is 5+ years ago and rusty for most). I think we did really good, at least we weren't still a form up or something dumb and hard burning at a trickle in. The proper timing would have been so amazing though. Next time. Always a next time.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Haize posted:

I mean I watched a popular streamer once, saw all those 10bux donations flashing, and had dreams of earning an incoming through live button mashing and hurfblurfing.

You mostly have to yell and get super into a game like beyond reason. You also need to play what is popular on a schedule to actually make money. You will also be expected to do the new "point" thing and most twitch streamers expect to be able to force you to do things like pushups on camera and will yell that you aren't giving them their money's worth if you don't go AFK and get killed to do the 3 pushups they just redeemed and are going to ask you to do another 5 the second you sit down.

Twitch becomes more toxic every day on large streams. I enjoy hanging out with streamers with 20-30 viewers though they tend to be chill and doing it for the money. It seems like soul crushing work, I've seen the mask slip on some big streamers before.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'm sorry this UI is terrible I was trying to target that guy that warped in pressed lock but just as I did he flew away and it opened another menu after my press went through and I pressed lock, which locked you! My guns were primed and I couldn't figure out how to unlock you and was looking for it I'm sorry!

Oh no I don't have the ISK for your mods I'm sorry can I get you next week?

Then you shoot them when they come back again with a new venture.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tulips posted:

Not quite as impressive as some recent killmail, but Jessie81 Exekiel and I managed to bait a Covert Ops ship into attacking my Battle Venture II. We even got the warp scram I had back from the Venture II wreck. So ISK trade-off wise I'd say we lost around 5mil to make this guy lose probably 100+mil.
:goose:

Cheap afterburner on a hound? Why the gently caress

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

rocketrobot posted:

Speed tank. I have a mwd to close in and an afterburner for when I'm in orbital range.

It's probably smarter to use a DC or something though

okay but why an MK1 over an MK5 which is still piss cheap? Even a cheap story AB is cheap.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kungfu Trader posted:

The Maller is so beautiful, so beautiful to me,
Whether killing salty pubies in space warfare or Dread Guristas in dedspace pve,
Some prefer the Gallente Vexor or the Caldari Caracal,
but for me, the Maller does the job no ands ifs whats or buts.
Missiles are the meta, and drones aren't far behind,
but nothing melts a shield tank, like EM pulse lasers from the Mallers cute behind
The Maller is a cruiser with a battleship sized tank
But don't let its toughness fool you, Mallers are also built to gank
Just drop in some heatsinks to melt somebody's face.
The Amarr made this cruiser perfection; it puts all others in their place

I was always told space poetry was the worst down right terrible and would make me want to end deafen my ears just to stop end the torment of the recital and that reading it was a hate crime in most galaxies.

This is none of that. What other lies have I been told?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The best way is to hang out with our rat group and then just buy them after a night of ratting.

Or you can hang with PvP group tell them you'd like some points and you'll probably get the first 2 pointer that an enemy drops, or just fire at what other people have pointed.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

No one in this corp asked for anyone's blessing, that was some Val poo poo with his group of non SA people that call themselves goons. I think you're looking for them not us.

We want don't want a connection with EO goons, both just used the SA forums as a recruitment base that's the only thing in common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You guys banned me and I was going to post ~the wonder years~ but now you will never get my rips and I don't see it anywhere else online so you'll never get it!!!! *2 hours later someone else posts a torrent with the wonder years, only 2 other people download it*

Feels like just yesterday.

if you aren't familiar I'm paraphrasing a hilarious post from around 2003.