Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

England bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

Bit bleary-eyed, so initally misread that as "Text if you test positive for Scotland"

The amount of Irn Bru detected in this blood test is off the charts!

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Dropping in to say fudge arrived, and my girlfriend absolutely loves it.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Chemical Plant Process Operator. It's a step up from the one they made us do at school when I got 'wig maker'

This is really funny to me because I have a masters in chemical engineering and all my suggestions were like football ref or head of IT.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

If Labour want me to vote for them maybe they should more policies and positions I like and less that I abjectly hate.

I have it on good authority that this is purity politics when this is a demand by someone who doesn't want to murder immigrants.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

TACD posted:

TBH I'm starting to think maybe I should give these steroids a go myself

Steroids are great if you plan on not having (any more) children and don't mind your heart literally exploding in your chest at the age of 45.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

What the poo poo is this Will Menaker-rear end Karl Marx.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

itd be nice to have a left wing news site with a bit of comedy and edge

they seem to all either be "obviously bad thing is bad - heres why," or awkwardly hopeful about labour and big essays on something that would be good if it could possibly happen which it cant
tone wise they all seem to be cargo culting news or clickbait

i guess maybe you couldn't get a good paper out of "lol shits completely hosed but we're going to laugh our last breaths at these pathetic monsters"

have u listened to the podcast lol

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

lol

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Red Oktober posted:

Having met people who write for these papers - maybe? Like some of them might be true believers but the writers I've met for the mail and the sun are smart - smarter than the telegraph and times ones. They're just aware they're writing to a very specific audience, and someone who had moved from telegraph to the mail said the mail was much, much harder because they really have to 'write down' to their audience. I don't know that [m]any of them actually believe what they write.

Maybe if these cunts actually joined a good loving union then they wouldn't have to write fascist propaganda 7 days a week.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

stev posted:

Owen Jones has a Patreon now, which seems like the inevitable endgame for every vaguely public figure now.

All the tiers give the same benefits which...ok yeah fair enough tbh.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Anything to destroy the United Kingdom.

A motif to live by

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Iirc Lewis is a bit of a danger, but I don't recall what the specifics of it are.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Without the caps I thought you were just being mean to someone called jim and I couldn' work out who it was...

Jim Pickard is a oval office if that helps.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

He had also had loving poo poo takes about Corbyn when he was leader, but now he's not that's kind of fallen into the past. Take that as you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Its funny to hear this because i spent £70 in tesco yesterday and it didn't seem that expensive for what we got, we are spending more but then we buy everything we eat at the supermarket now so its hard to judge.

I bought a tesco meal deal for my lunch today just for the sheer novelty!

Chicken, bacon and stuffing sandwich and cheese and onion mccoys. Which drink depends on mood.