Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I think it’s time for Britain to reclaim the crown of garbage island from that literal island of garbage Singapore is building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I don’t think over ever seen a prime minister look so useless and pathetic before. He can’t even justify his own bill he’s trying to pass. Dear god

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

And as a tweet posted a few pages ago asked, what does it say about the absolute state of this country that he is still in the job?

the party of serial grifters and charlatans voted a man who is so stupid, inept and incompetent he's been rewarded for failing at every job post he's ever held and didn't expect he'd have to do anything but make peculiar wet lip smacking noises and fart sounds to get votes. But they're also not gonna get rid of him because that means appointing someone even more stupid and incompetent who can win the votes next election.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

any other opposition would be 20 points ahead

The sun, Mail, times and telegraph: BUT CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING: JEREMY CORBYN LIKED A TWEET ONCE!!! PLEASE IGNORE THAT A FORMER TORY MP WAS JUST KICKED OUT OF THE LIB DEMS FOR PEDDLING ANTI-SEMITIC CONSPIRACY THEORIES ABOUT JACK STRAW DURING A PREVIOUS ELECTION!!!!!!!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Curfew is so they can lock up protestors. Prove me wrong.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Err we have a trade deal with Japan it's all fine.

one which, hilariously, requires more stringent anti-state aid rules than we're leaving with the EU. Getting our sovereignty back, one trade deal at a time.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

and yeah im fairly sure if boris's hard border goes ahead, NI is going to secede and join ROI.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hey in Lighter news JK rowling has gone completely off the deep end and is writing a book about a serial killer cis man crossdressing as a women in order to kill women, (presumably, knowing JK rowling, in womens shelters). Really not sure what the gently caress is going on in her head but honestly it's the kind of mental state that gets people recruited into neo nazi groups. Why do you care *so much* about a specific issue that effects you not a whit.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Being a TERF is a protected class and being mean to them is basically the same as setting up a new auchwitz for them. First they came for the racists, etc

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kiers policy on everything so far seems to be essentially "And? Who cares?" When questioned on anything.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Imo it’s better if the kids do go hungry, we’ve got a real obesity crisis and could all do with losing a little weight. Also the bitter memories of no food may prompt some of those kids to grow up wanting, nay, DEMANDING to eat the rich.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Endjinneer posted:

https://twitter.com/amandamilling/status/1319753071602372613

A handy list of politicians who think that a throwaway comment in the house of commons matters more than child poverty.
Keith will have his hands full trying to capitulate his way to victory over this, so maybe we could write back to these MPs with some advice on the relative values of words vs deeds? They do like letters after all.
Anyone got the chops to pull the names of that letter and match it with the directory of MPs?

Condolences WhatEvil. Sorry for your loss.

Hang on a second I thought facts didn't care about your feelings????

Also yeah, sorry whatevil, that sucks a big pile of rear end.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Re: Sodastreams they're absolute loving garbage and you can make soda water at home using an old coke bottle, a regulator, some adaptors and a bottle of food grade (ask for whatever they'd sell for use in beer carbonation) CO2 from your local BOC gas merchant. Sodastream are absolute crooks and honestly they rely on the equipment being just slightly too esoteric for the layman to build but actually super straight forward once you understand them.

https://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2012-06/how-make-your-own-home-carbonation-system/ gives a really good example, but I think you can get even cheaper parts these days.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

cyclist probably was a dole bludging foreigner who came here explicitly to commit insurance scams, pension fraud and benefit stealing crimes, so kier was actually being an english patriot for running him over. also kier was wearing a poppy at the time and cyclist was that so it's clear the illegal scrounger hates britain and its troops too.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Of course he drives a loving wankermobile SUV too.

SUVs these days are actually very working class because you can buy them on 25 year hire purchase agreements for like 20 quid a week

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

lol if you think the Tory press are going to pass up any chance to monster a Labour leader

they can already print stories about :

1. how he alledgedly let saville off the hook.
2. loves terrorists because he wants to stop them being sent to death camps overseas.

I don't think they need much else

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

SUVs are huge, obnoxious, fuel inefficient and kill the occupants of the other car in a collision because they weigh like twice as much as a normal car.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lungboy posted:

I missed that the Government buried the publication of the Cygnus report during the Manchester brouhaha last week https://archive.vn/dKQyb

Also it turns out that Hunt is such a soft twat he can't even turn off pretend ventilators in a pretend pandemic https://archive.vn/ZmSmq

The press dragged corbyn over the coals for not willingly murdering 50 million Russians in nuclear hellfire for no adequately explained reason but hunt is apparently given a free pass to kill hundreds of thousands of british people in a pandemic scenario by refusing to take his job seriously and accept the responsibilities that come with it.

edit: as I recall the main thing that the NHS took from cygnus was that in a time of crisis the government may not actually have people willing to make the tough choices that need to be made to save lives, hilariously, because of this.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Thank god the report did literally no due diligence and investigate who exactly was hampering the complaints process, it’d be an absolute shame if they accidentally found out who was committing acts of antisemtism repeatedly by doing so.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Can’t wait for kier to lose the next election and then blaming it on those worthless leftists And youths not voting for him, after promising nothing but poo poo for 5 years to them.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Arguing that you should eat a poo poo burger instead of a poo poo sandwich because at least the poo poo burger is marginally smaller and therefore has less fecal matter in it, because hey, you gotta eat something! Isn’t an argument, it’s a Torture dungeon.

Labour under starmer isn’t going to do anything other than adjust the knobs on the loving machine so it maybe fucks you only 5% more than this year instead Of The tories 10%. The only way you personally send a message that this isn’t okay is to not vote for them.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

ZoninSilver posted:

It really is Bernie all over again, innit?

Well with Bernie they couldn’t accuse him of antisemtism, although they tried, because he’s the Jewish son of A family that fled Poland before WW2, who’s remaining family in Poland all died in the holocaust.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

“They didn’t just need to be shown they’d lost, they needed to be shown that the other side won”

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This cesspool politics is entirely caused by FPTP and the sooner the country realises that the better.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"Thank god we now have a kinder tory party - the labour party"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ah yes, the Vile Cabal. Sounds a bit like some kind of antisemitic trope to me

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Just disgraceful they'd get another antisemite on to parrot the corbyn line on this. How do I know he's antisemitic, well two things:
1. left wing
2. stood on same platform as corbyn

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

I've been dipping into a depressive episode, and tonight I drank too much and it's made it worse.

just be like me and be depressed all the time because you switched job right before a pandemic and a global recession and now your entire life is a joke.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I mean you gotta question the good faith of the entire scenario when Journalists are shamefacedly writing about how Jew hater Corbyn would open a second auchwitz if he was in goverment while the tories literally voting to defend Victor Orban from censure in the eu parliament for being insanely racist to Jews and Muslims to the point of committing human rights abuses, that apparently gets a free pass.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Tbh I'm glad Corbyn was beaten to death with the antisemitism stick cuz it is a particularly insidious form of racism and now people are much more aware of it than before

Points to crowd of braying nazis waving England flags, confederate flags and definitely non nazi flags, dragging a huge banner saying “PUT HIM IN THE COR-BIN” and going “also huh these guys are really riled up about antisemitism huh”

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Can’t wait for farage to prove how harmless covid is by having a dozen people cough in his mouth live on stage before finally dying from brain worms.
Genuinely I kinda think anti-masker or anti-vaccine stuff like this, where you’re actively promoting it, should be treated as a type of terrorism or something given the pandemic circumstances. Absolute degenerates

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Biden likely has a majority of mail in votes since democrats were more likely to get one this year due to covid, whereas republicans were more likely to go cough in each others mouths and dying by going to the polling booth. But also yes, it looks at a glance like the dems have somehow picked a candidate who couldn’t even beat the worst president the USA has ever had, who is currently more unpopular than jimmy carter was when he lost his second term election. Truly labour needs To follow the dems example and pick the most useless, handwringing neoliberal centrist we can to win going forward.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Re Biden: he’s completely a pro establishment, pro status quo candidate. If the status quo isn’t working for like 50% of americans, why is promising them the status quo with maybe some minor sweeteners a vote winner? Answer: it’s not. This is what Hilary learnt to her cost. Biden might well learn the same. Hopefully the dems and the Labour Party will learn something from this but I doubt it. To liberals, everything is fine and nothing needs to change, even while the working class are unable to even feed their kids.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

Just a reminder that Amanda Knox tried to frame an innocent man for the murder of Meridith Kercher. And that Patrick Lumbumba would have likely gone down for that murder, had he not been lucky enough to have a university professor provide him with a rock solid alibi on the night in question.

Not entirely sure that you interpreting “police psychologically torture foreigner into false confession” as a slam dunk take of “Amanda Knox tried to frame a guy” is a good take to have.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hey I have another insanely bad take if this is bad take hour: Bloody Sunday was absolutely justified because the army said they were all armed with guns and bombs. Why would we have any reason to doubt the armies reports? They would never lie.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Isn't the weight of a tank spread out over the large surface area of its treads, so it'd be fine on city streets?

If it were a car, yes. Tank treads on concrete means any turning at that weight shreds the tarmac instantly.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Unpopular but true opinion: it’s not a tank unless it contains a crew water boiler as part of the procurement specification

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

I'm not defending the Italian Polices actions or even there version of events. What I am critical of is how Amanda Knox offered up an innocent man to save her own skin.
History is full of instances of people being wrongfully arrested for crimes they didn't do (like the Birmingham Six or the Guildford Four.) And they didn't try to stitch someone e else up.

The police literally wouldn’t let her leave the room till she told them who her accomplice was, despite her pleas the contrary, so you’re absolutely full of poo poo mate.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Nice, looks like I’m being let go at work. 2020 strikes again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Well, job update, my boss looked at the law with the company lawyers and realised there is nothing stopping them furloughing me during a notice period, so they’ve decided to do that so I can spend my time looking for a job rather than being depressed all the time, so that’s good of them. Now I just need to find a job in COVID hell economy 2020.