Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

I agree brexit is why they lost the election, but its not why long bailey lost to starmer. theres still a question mark over labour and brexit although starmer has said hes put it behind him. its also a bit of a leading question because e.g. both corbyn and starmer have stated their support for law and order - the difference is that sat uncomfortably with corbyn's historical position

you're a liar johnathon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

justcola posted:

I find the lack of outrage over deaths to be very strange. There was more hoo-ha about the horse meat scandal or Jade Goody than thousands and thousands of people dying and all the lives affected by that. I know thousands of people dying is hard to comprehend, yet people are just itching to eat a £3 meal deal and have a pint at spoons than think how our actions each affect one another and the repetitive gently caress-ups by the government.

This year has really changed how I see the country, I'm still not sure how it sits with me. I used to be optimistic and have faith in individuals, now, less so.

Our society is sick and things are getting very tough... very, very tough.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

i'm sure this will work considering SSP is loving poo poo. also includes something for curtain twitchers

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1304702108474781696?s=20

tweet unavailable

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

so after making corbyn the villain in her last book she's gone for this

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1305093424413016065?s=20

what a loving evil woman she is

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

bornbytheriver posted:

Based on the conversations I overheard between the surveyor and the architect, the new buyer is going to make it one single nice house and sell it. I live in East Dulwich where many 'investors' buy old houses, renovate them and sell them for a fortune. It's pure speculation, but I believe the new buyer has no intention to let the flats/house; they want to have it renovated and put it up for sale.

My personal preference is to stay in the flat for 6 months because it gives me time to find something suitable and I don't have to move during a pandemic, but if they can offer £5K or more, I'd probably consider it.

I want to thank everyone who has responded to me and pitched in with their comments one more time. I feel reassured and confident that I don't have to go along with the buyer's/letting agency's wishes, all thanks to the amazing UKMT goons.

sabotage the house when you leave

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Cerv posted:

yeah some posters ITT are weirdly obsessed with her

Yeah it's just cuh-razy how people are angry about an author whose views are transmitted to millions of people around the world, deciding to poo poo on transpeople in a consistant manner

It's a complete mystery why people might not like her spreading her bile, no need for introspective thought on your part here

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 14, 2020

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
This country is hosed lmao

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Ha ha yes! Yes!!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

accidentally brutally shot himself in the stomach whilst controlling suspect

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

The English... the english!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

I feel like Chris Addison doesn't really get to make this sort of criticism.

https://twitter.com/mrchrisaddison/status/1310188201026498560?s=19

the shape of his head is warped, it's sick, this man are ill

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Isn't sausage meat kinda particularly dangerous because the grinding process introduces a lot of bacteria all the way through it?

The worms... the worms are resurfacing

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

StarkingBarfish posted:

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1311248523355140097

It's just such a perfect snapshot of what centrist pundits want to believe 'our system has protected and nurtured me well so far, it cannot possibly be the case that democracy has failed me by electing someone not smart and capable, therefore this must be an act of pure political genius rather than an idiot tripping over their dick'

yer needs to stop mitherin' us with this bullshat opionions from this shitheed

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

this article from 2018 is a great read into how voting for brexit over fishing has completely hosed fishing port grimsby

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/23/business/grimsby-brexit.html

I love this, I love it!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

These days if you say your English, you get arrested and thrown in jail.

I wish

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

the person in the original tweet is LGBT-Labour Co-Chair

https://twitter.com/RosieDuffield1/status/1312689188618342400?s=20

transphobia is the "new" fashionable allowed open form of bigotry

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

PM has lost 260 billion lbs.

most of it was poo poo

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

stev posted:

loving hell another 17,000 cases reported today. Lockdown 2 (electric boogaloo) must be imminent, surely.

Mate they didn't even reinstate the lockdown in Scotland despite the rise in cases

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Over four of my family have just tested positive for covid

gently caress this world

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Marmaduke! posted:

Is this from one household or were they gathering together? Either way hope they get through it fine.

Unfortunately all are seperated geographically

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Hrt is hard enough to come by up here, I can't imagine it'll be any better after brexit

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Periodic reminder that this utter loving weapon kept Glenda Jackson in his basement for months on end with no human company while occasionally sending his 11 year old son downstairs to yell “are you still alive” and, I poo poo you not, “happy birthday” through her letterbox. There was an interview with her about her new play and it was heartbreaking.

You okay?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

i wish

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm really hoping this is a reference to this incredible story: https://www.vice.com/en/article/vdybgj/deep-inside-the-chain-pub-piss-dungeon

sounds like a normal night in london then

edit:

could be spitman lol

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Angrymog posted:

We're going to starve, aren't we?

Medicine and food shortages for the peasants whilst the middle classes and the rich eat cake and avocado

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

At the risk of being flamed to hell and back, the demonisation in this thread of people who lean right is scary

Posts on this page alone gets very close to dehumanising them altogether

Wrong approach

Shy tory spotted

Also gently caress those that lean right, they support a government that is content to let us die for superficial economic gains

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Because what we need to do at this critical juncture is to embrace those that have given material support to a government content to let us rot and/or die, either through deliberate neglect or an unwillingness to adequately deal with covid

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

mods please change my name to michael gove's gimp tia

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Even as a child of a soldier, living and breathing all the pro military propaganda that comes along with being an army brat I still thought poppies were and are bullshit

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Grandparents just got diagnosed with covid, really hope they're asymptomatic as they haven't shown the typical symptoms

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Class solidarity but only for the bits of the country I personally like

e:

Whats your problem man, whats your issue

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

England needs nuking

I appreciate the personal vindication, I really do... I do!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

Same. I'm so angry I don't know what to do with myself

careful mate

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
2021 is pretty much a write off, it's probably best to start preparing for that eventuality, even if it's just accepting that fact

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

jabby posted:

Whitty is clearly filling time until Strictly comes on.

Boris doesn't want anyone watching him answer questions.

you cant possibly know that

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Miftan posted:

"we've got to be humble in the face of nature" thanks BoJo

submit yourself to nature and bloodshed

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
so essentially boris has been dragged into a room by scientists and shown how utterly hosed we are lol

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Any bets on who this is?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

*thinking harder than i ever have before* surely it wasn't the huge amount of londoners turning out for peoples vote marches that caused the north who voted for brexit to reject them

at this very moment kingturnip is being forced into a corner by a group of handylads and forced to huff a mixture of his own poo poo and glue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

jenkem is fermented piss and poo poo i'll have you know

I'd say this is more like jenkum, i fear even as a paint sniffing survivor, he may not survive