Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol nobody wants americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever you do, don't loving bring your American poo poo to Canada. We're not your liberal Handmaid's Tale/Plot Against America hidey-hole. The last thing we need is a bunch of Never Trumpers telling us that the wall is a good idea this time :colbert:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
idk I'd be building a wall right now if I was canada. mexico too

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
https://globalnews.ca/news/7287442/bc-us-border-fence/amp/

there's nowhere to go that you can escape this OP, there's no safe zone from the capitalocene.

politics is local. ignore the oligarch orgy that is electoral politics and try to build networks of trust and mutual aid with people around you. any time a non-transactional decommodified relation is built between two human beings there is still hope.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just to be clear, that wall is for Americans. Canada is open to anybody who lives in a climate hotspot (except for California and Florida, y'all's fault)

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
lol if u have the chance to fight the Great Satan from the inside and don't do it

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, escape if you can, America is never going to change. In 20 years, it will just be an even more fascist depressing shithole. If you got an American passport, that is at least something.

Also the American left is worthless, and is so infiltrated and gaslit I am surprised it even exists.

The only benefit if you live on the West Coast weed laws are pretty lax.

That it I guess hope AOC isn’t a sell out (she is) or anarchism is on the edge of catching on (it isn’t).

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:18 on Sep 2, 2020

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

If you want to move away from the US you have to realize all the nice countries dont really need you.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

just swim to cuba op

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I would like to offer $10,000 to someone willing to marry me and get me citizenship in another country.

Is there any service I can pay to arrange this.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Futures gonna be lovely wherever you go, smart guy

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
do other countries have steam sales?

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ur in my world now posted:

idk I'd be building a wall nukes right now if I was canada. mexico too

ftfy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
lol nah all the people I care about are here so I'll die here

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Moving to the EU is pretty difficult I think but like every country has their own rules of admission so maybe there's a way, who knows. I think Portugal is pretty lenient and they have legalized all drugs. If that doesn't float your boat you can still move to Liechtenstein after a couple years.

Honestly if I was in America and had the resources I'd move too. Might as well enjoy the last twenty years before we get hosed by the climate apocalypse in a country where you don't have to ration your sick days.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the best country to flee to if you're really good at growing weed for a living and don't care if it's illegal? Obviously Asia and the Middle East are out since they're not cool (except Best Korea hmmm) and cut your dick off or whatever for minor drug crimes

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

my local courthouse has gold fringe on their flag so im safe on land

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Entenzahn posted:

Moving to the EU is pretty difficult I think but like every country has their own rules of admission so maybe there's a way, who knows. I think Portugal is pretty lenient and they have legalized all drugs. If that doesn't float your boat you can still move to Liechtenstein after a couple years.

Honestly if I was in America and had the resources I'd move too. Might as well enjoy the last twenty years before we get hosed by the climate apocalypse in a country where you don't have to ration your sick days.

if you can trace an ancestor a couple generations back then some countries will offer to take you back. Other than that you need a lot of money for an investment visa. Like really a lot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, escape if you can, America is never going to change. In 20 years, it will just be an even more fascist depressing shithole. If you got an American passport, that is at least something.

Also the American left is worthless, and is so infiltrated and gaslit I am surprised it even exists.

The only benefit if you live on the West Coast weed laws are pretty lax.

That it I guess hope AOC isn’t a sell out (she is) or anarchism is on the edge of catching on (it isn’t).

poo poo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I have a friend out of the local queer community who just suddenly one day applied for asylum in somewhere and now they're there working and surviving and i have serious doubts it's anything permanent, but if it is... Im following it closely to see if it'll be an option for myself

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Left Britain about 12 years ago.

In China, u can get multiple one-year student visas. It’s super cheap. You can live off campus and just do your own poo poo basically. It’s a crazy fun place I’m nostalgic for. But language barrier makes entry difficult if you’re not interested in learning it.

Philippines is visitor-friendly, u get multiple six-month visas in a row without leaving the country, then just fly to Hong Kong and back every few years. Everyone speaks English, there’s fast fiber internet in most cities, it has all American brands and poo poo and there’s a million beaches. Not as cheap as China but cheaper than US. Almost all US visitors are old and chuddy, living off retirement savings, but u can avoid them completely if u don’t go to that one bar. Rent and real estate are cheap (except for condos which are a rip off). medical stuff is cheap in Philippines too with good facilities

if u don’t mind traveling, u just go from country to country every few months, depending on your visa. Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia are all nice and not expensive. Europe offers a cross-border visa and all-you-can-ride international train ticket. But Europe is expensive. caveat: covid has kinda hosed this.

Brits can go to Hong Kong for six months at a time without visa, but it’s kinda an expensive place. Singapore too. I dunno about similar deals for Americans.

U need a job u can do online. With that, u can go anywhere basically.

chird has issued a correction as of 02:00 on Sep 3, 2020

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the phillipines feels like a particularly bad place to go if you're not of a certain privileged subset.

I know as a trans person, most of your suggestions really aren't on the table.

What is there in the world, for a queer friendly, fash resistant destination country?

chird
Sep 26, 2004

I don’t know. I’d rank the Philippines quite highly on LGBT acceptance. Out of the places I’ve been, trans people are the biggest part of culture here. I’ve met far more trans people in the Philippines than anywhere else and their sexuality is, like, a footnote.

I’m a noob on the subject but Wikipedia says “The Philippines has been ranked one of the most gay-friendly nations in the world and is the most gay-friendly in Asia” and Filipino poet and critic Lilia Quindoza Santiago suggests “Filipino culture may have a more flexible concept of gender.”

“The heavily Catholic country is known for its conservatism, yet remarkably tolerant of its gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people” https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/29/world/asia/transgender-philippines-discrimination.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/03/in-the-philippines-they-think-about-gender-differently-we-could-too

Every country has its problems, and the Philippines has shitloads, but I don’t think trans-hating should be considered near the top of the list.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ardennes posted:

where do u recommend

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
greatest democracy

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lmao imagine being this dumb and thinking that moving to the EU is gonna solve your fascism problems

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I might repatriate to Scotland if the option were available, but only because I want to and not to escape fascism.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

PookBear posted:

lmao imagine being this dumb and thinking that moving to the EU is gonna solve your fascism problems

i was hoping to hear somewhere like cuba has a good record with trans rights or something vOv take the snarky bullshit and shove it imo

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

chird posted:

I don’t know. I’d rank the Philippines quite highly on LGBT acceptance. Out of the places I’ve been, trans people are the biggest part of culture here. I’ve met far more trans people in the Philippines than anywhere else and their sexuality is, like, a footnote.

I’m a noob on the subject but Wikipedia says “The Philippines has been ranked one of the most gay-friendly nations in the world and is the most gay-friendly in Asia” and Filipino poet and critic Lilia Quindoza Santiago suggests “Filipino culture may have a more flexible concept of gender.”

“The heavily Catholic country is known for its conservatism, yet remarkably tolerant of its gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people” https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/29/world/asia/transgender-philippines-discrimination.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/03/in-the-philippines-they-think-about-gender-differently-we-could-too

Every country has its problems, and the Philippines has shitloads, but I don’t think trans-hating should be considered near the top of the list.

yeah being trans isn’t as much as an issue in the Philippines but if you don’t like Trump then maybe don’t google Duterte

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Flavahbeast posted:

where do u recommend

Georgia (the country) isn't bad if you are interested in having a comfortable life from a minimal amount of savings.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 05:02 on Sep 3, 2020

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

what if i told u......that states arent real

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sounds like an individualistic solution to systemic issues, liberal

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the state will stop existing if we stop looking at it

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Filipinos are by far the coolest

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Fleetwood posted:

Filipinos are by far the coolest

yeah but sadly they have the worst of the southeast Asian food. it’s not even close

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Chinese: better
Thai: better
Indian: better
Singaporean/malaysian: better
korean: better
Vietnamese: better
Japanese: better
etc

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Agreed.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

yeah but sadly they have the worst of the southeast Asian food. it’s not even close

spamsilog with liquid seasoning???? only the best for this goon

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

People will need to stay and fight to protect those who can't. I wouldn't count it against those who choose to leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Filipino food is still pretty tasty imo