Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

i say swears online posted:

just got a job and bought a house in coastal Bangladesh, gonna spend the next 50 years there :)

nice job doxing yourself aquaman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9FGRkqUdf8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bedshaped posted:

nice job doxing yourself aquaman

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Gf and I want to leave but we're useless humanities majors with useless masters degrees. Owned

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
lol @ thinking the Child Rape Empire will allow you to run and hide
https://twitter.com/lakotalaw/status/1440664734571778051
https://twitter.com/lakotalaw/status/1440664738929643524

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Yossarian-22 posted:

Gf and I want to leave but we're useless humanities majors with useless masters degrees. Owned

same also I’m poor

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Yossarian-22 posted:

If you're able/willing to do a secondary teaching degree places like Australia or New Zealand might take you once borders reopen. In Australia teaching generally pays decent, NZ kinda not but then again that's most NZ wages (hence all the Kiwis working abroad).

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Rebumping the thread, given how bad things are going for the dems; I figure it's time to starting considering the practicalities in earnest for anyone in NA.

Speaking of which, as an autistic person, I'm loving boned.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you just have to make a romantic connection with a foreign national, easy

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Anyone who wants to fight can.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Are we still seriously deluding ourselves into thinking we can simply outrun the child raping empire as it goes full-blown nazi?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

if the US goes full fash what exactly do you think all of its vassal states are going to do

furiously googling "where did the Nazis build their camps" rn

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

why not stay, do sedition, and weaken the bitch queen internally until her enemies can swarm and kill you and your relatives before the death is exported yet again? huh? why do you not want this for yourself?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

if the US goes full fash what exactly do you think all of its vassal states are going to do

I reckon 40% that way, 40% it just falls apart, 20% unpredictable event horizon poo poo.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the only way out is china

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

why not stay, do sedition, and weaken the bitch queen internally until her enemies can swarm and kill you and your relatives before the death is exported yet again? huh? why do you not want this for yourself?

oh no i might die from getting shot instead of dying from pellagra

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Well, with the outcome of Rittenhouse, I reckon there's a good chance of a breakdown in law and order by 2024. Anyone who doesn't feel up to fighting and can get out, should do so the minute possible, this is going no place good.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
well my marriage documentation is finally fully approved in my wife’s country of origin so I’m just a few short steps away from yanking the eject lever

only thing really tethering me here at this point is I have no idea how I’m gonna get my complete spaz of a dog across the pacific

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

StratGoatCom posted:

Well, with the outcome of Rittenhouse, I reckon there's a good chance of a breakdown in law and order by 2024. Anyone who doesn't feel up to fighting and can get out, should do so the minute possible, this is going no place good.

are you an ice phisherman alt?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Good Citizen posted:

only thing really tethering me here at this point is I have no idea how I’m gonna get my complete spaz of a dog across the pacific

It'll prob be a bit expensive but you can buy a seat on a plane for a dog and give them some doggo valium stuff to get through the airport and just sleep on the plane. check with the airliner but most take dogs they just require purchasing a cabin seat. do not fly them in cargo. there's also probably some paperwork that's not going to be cheap but your vet should know which forms/documentation needs to be prepped. may also be a quarantine period when you arrive.

alternatively there used to be some boat services where you could rent cabin space on certain cargo ships but it'll take awhile.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

StratGoatCom posted:

America’s inevitable Yugoslavia scenario was abundantly clear long before anyone knew who Kyle Rittenhouse was, but yeah, I see your point.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

MLSM posted:

America’s inevitable Yugoslavia scenario was abundantly clear long before anyone knew who Kyle Rittenhouse was, but yeah, I see your point.

I mean :same:, but Kyle here has moved the timeline up, likely.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

MLSM posted:

If anyone isn't old enough to really remember the Yugoslavian disintegration, you should check out some maps of the region at the time.

America does not have the ethnic or religious cohesion to pull that off something even that disastrous. The rural coffee shop where the local hotheads hang out are going to turn on the hotheads in the coffee shop the next town and every small town church congregation will turn on every other congregation within 6 months. I imagine no one will even know why they are doing it after the first year.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!
oh no not law and order

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

It'll prob be a bit expensive but you can buy a seat on a plane for a dog and give them some doggo valium stuff to get through the airport and just sleep on the plane. check with the airliner but most take dogs they just require purchasing a cabin seat. do not fly them in cargo. there's also probably some paperwork that's not going to be cheap but your vet should know which forms/documentation needs to be prepped. may also be a quarantine period when you arrive.

alternatively there used to be some boat services where you could rent cabin space on certain cargo ships but it'll take awhile.

I’ve wondered occasionally but never looked into this: what do people with dog/cat allergies do when said animals are allowed in the cabin? is everyone such aware they might sit next to a dog?

different question: Turkey or America? they both seem likely to be … horrible lmao :hb:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ethics_Gradient posted:

If you're able/willing to do a secondary teaching degree places like Australia or New Zealand might take you once borders reopen. In Australia teaching generally pays decent, NZ kinda not but then again that's most NZ wages (hence all the Kiwis working abroad).

Australia sounds like it will only become more like america and NZ sounds like it’ll raise the drawbridge this decade

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mawarannahr posted:

I’ve wondered occasionally but never looked into this: what do people with dog/cat allergies do when said animals are allowed in the cabin? is everyone such aware they might sit next to a dog?
either ask a crew member and they'll re-seat you or re-book you if they can't re-seat. generally, extreme allergies are rare and cabin air sucks so much poo poo being desiccated out that everyone is stuffy and miserable all the time anyways so it's really haerd to tell or feel anything different. like you aren't actually barred form eating nuts on a plane and there could be people with nut allergies but it's so extremely rare that you'd go into anaphalytic shock just having someone eat nuts on a plane that it just doesn't come up. unlike what movies/tv depict about people with X allergies, usually it's touch/ingestion based and often more mild to moderate discomfort at lowish exposures -- so it's extremely rare that it doesn't come up much afaik

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:04 on Nov 22, 2021

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Xaris posted:

either ask a crew member and they'll re-seat you or re-book you if they can't re-seat. generally, extreme allergies are rare and cabin air sucks so much poo poo being desiccated out that everyone is stuffy and miserable all the time anyways so it's really haerd to tell or feel anything different. like you aren't actually barred form eating nuts on a plane and there could be people with nut allergies but it's so extremely rare that you'd go into anaphalytic shock just having someone eat nuts on a plane that it just doesn't come up. unlike what movies/tv depict about people with X allergies, usually it's touch/ingestion based and often more mild to moderate discomfort at lowish exposures -- so it's extremely rare that it doesn't come up much afaik
Yeah, though it does happen. I've been on a flight where they told everyone "NO citrussy anything" for the duration of the flight, but that was only after everyone was already seated.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

No. 6 posted:

Unless you give up your citizenship, you still have a civic duty to stay informed and vote. Congrats on your curse.

Edit: also pay taxes on earnings over ~$105k

lol

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if you were born here, lived here most of your life...
if all your people are here and you speak only english...
if you dont have anything to preserve as an expat but yourself...

maybe you dont deserve to leave?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

The Saucer Hovers posted:

if you were born here, lived here most of your life...
if all your people are here and you speak only english...
if you dont have anything to preserve as an expat but yourself...

maybe you dont deserve to leave?

:getout:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i have family that lives in another country. does that mean i deserve to leave?

but i'm a useless piece of poo poo...

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How is dog dander going to get through your N95?

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Texas is such a shithole theres really no argument that could be made that America wouldn't be much better if Dallas was turned into second Carthage.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

CaptainACAB posted:

Texas is such a shithole theres really no argument that could be made that America wouldn't be much better if Dallas was turned into second Carthage.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

periodic reminder

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
every western nation will be descending into some kind of death cult over the next two decades as late stage capitalism unwinds and the biosphere collapses. you don't have to fight for this country but start training to fight now unless you'd prefer to be dumped unceremoniously into a mass grave by an earth mover.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hey look the funniest thread in cspam is back

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Wakko posted:

every western nation will be descending into some kind of death cult over the next two decades as late stage capitalism unwinds and the biosphere collapses. you don't have to fight for this country but start training to fight now unless you'd prefer to be dumped unceremoniously into a mass grave by an earth mover.

death is quickly coming for us all and the best you can do is delay it some and reduce your interactions with lovely Americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

death is quickly coming for us all and the best you can do is delay it some and reduce your interactions with lovely Americans

or maybe even leverage your privilege to help anyone else or really do anything other than run and hide like a puppy dog