Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Saucer Hovers posted:

hey look the funniest thread in cspam is back

c-spam: destination kyiv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

or maybe even leverage your privilege to help anyone else or really do anything other than run and hide like a puppy dog

what are you doing about it OP?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

or maybe even leverage your privilege to help anyone else or really do anything other than run and hide like a puppy dog

I have the resources to assist my family and the people I immediately care about and not much more. Good on you if you have the capacity and compassion to do more than that

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what are you doing about it OP?

this sounds like projection to me

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Saucer has done a lot to improve this country, for one, they gave me chlamydia

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Wakko posted:

every western nation will be descending into some kind of death cult over the next two decades as late stage capitalism unwinds and the biosphere collapses. you don't have to fight for this country but start training to fight now unless you'd prefer to be dumped unceremoniously into a mass grave by an earth mover.

The average goon is gonna be a 60 year old diabetic in 20 years. Our kids knowing how how to fight/survive is possibly helpful, but us? Unless we're rich, we're going in the mass grave or dying on the roadside as climate refugees.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm going to learn to cook long pig become the warlords chef

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Wolfy posted:

Saucer has done a lot to improve this country, for one, they gave me chlamydia

id like it back whenever youre done with it btw

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Wakko posted:

every western nation will be descending into some kind of death cult over the next two decades as late stage capitalism unwinds and the biosphere collapses. you don't have to fight for this country but start training to fight now unless you'd prefer to be dumped unceremoniously into a mass grave by an earth mover.

better off working on your fitness and learning how to hunt / live off the land in this scenario. the second you decide to hunker down with your gun you’re gonna be dead soon

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
ya if you can't do a decent ruck march you're just training to be hit with a mlrs munition

join your local sra/jbgc/ayf chapter and see if they're any good

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Bedshaped posted:

You don't need a visa to travel to ireland for a holiday but you're not going to be able to work here unless your job is on a 'critical skills' list or if you have a nice degree and a really high paid job lined up here

because of the EU there's a huge supply of cheap legal labour so you can't really be an illegal worker here either.

How far will a boiler operators licence get me?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!
:gas:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

mawarannahr posted:

Australia sounds like it will only become more like america and NZ sounds like it’ll raise the drawbridge this decade

check out the NZ thread in D&D (yeah, i know, but it's a very not D&D vibe in there). they're talking about how to immigrate to germany or any other place that's not NZ.

we're all just looking at our local situation and dreaming of a far off otherplace where poo poo isn't as bad

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
come to istanbul sweaty
we got tight jeans, loose women, hot kebab, and cold beer
what more could you want?

also every political alignment is some variant of hyperfascism

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

PDP-1 posted:

check out the NZ thread in D&D (yeah, i know, but it's a very not D&D vibe in there). they're talking about how to immigrate to germany or any other place that's not NZ.

we're all just looking at our local situation and dreaming of a far off otherplace where poo poo isn't as bad

yeah i see this all the time. NZ isn't some magical place where everything is good

having said that, everyone should move here

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't know how to go to a foreign country. Like ive got a passport and stuff but like arranging a job and an apartment and stuff you can barely do that here and im supposed to do it all sight unseen in Malaysia or Ireland or whatever? I don't know anybody there I'm a stupid sadbrained hick. idk everyone talks about "oh just move to wherever" but how does the rubber meet the road do you just go there like on vacation and hope everything works out?

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

I had the shower thought last night that conditions on the imperial core's frontiers are dictated by military logic and as the climate crisis heats up, that frontier will move north into the continental US

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Good: I apparently have a much easier time getting citizenship in another country due to being the biological child of two people of that country's largest ethnic group, who had been born in that country. :v:
Bonus Good: That country is a Communist country! :ussr:
Bad: It's one of the countries that's going to get loving annihilated by global warming within my lifetime. :smith:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't know how to go to a foreign country. Like ive got a passport and stuff but like arranging a job and an apartment and stuff you can barely do that here and im supposed to do it all sight unseen in Malaysia or Ireland or whatever? I don't know anybody there I'm a stupid sadbrained hick. idk everyone talks about "oh just move to wherever" but how does the rubber meet the road do you just go there like on vacation and hope everything works out?

When I made my choice I moved within 10 days. I had a friend I could stay with but i've done long term stays with hostels in places too. Just don't bring too much tempting stuff to steal. Get a TEFL or whatever cert and you can probably find a job to survive, if you've got the scratch or parents who do try to do intensive courses of the language (easier outside of europe). Chances are you have a few months to figure things out immigration-wise on a tourist visa.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zedhe Khoja posted:

come to istanbul sweaty
we got tight jeans, loose women, hot kebab, and cold beer
what more could you want?

also every political alignment is some variant of hyperfascism

Sometimes people want things that are different

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

americans threatening to flee to other anglo countries like canada/australia/nz or any other western-aligned country in the imperial periphery: cucked and unwilling to give up their material comfort like wow ur so brave lol

americans willing to flee to somalia or papua new guinea: much more respect

americans willing to defect to china and then work with the cpc to destroy the west: gently caress yeah dude

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

yellowcar posted:

americans willing to defect to china and then work with the cpc to destroy the west: gently caress yeah dude

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

yellowcar posted:

americans threatening to flee to other anglo countries like canada/australia/nz or any other western-aligned country in the imperial periphery: cucked and unwilling to give up their material comfort like wow ur so brave lol

americans willing to flee to somalia or papua new guinea: much more respect

As someone unwilling to give up material comfort I would flee to china

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Zedhe Khoja posted:

When I made my choice I moved within 10 days. I had a friend I could stay with but i've done long term stays with hostels in places too. Just don't bring too much tempting stuff to steal. Get a TEFL or whatever cert and you can probably find a job to survive, if you've got the scratch or parents who do try to do intensive courses of the language (easier outside of europe). Chances are you have a few months to figure things out immigration-wise on a tourist visa.

Also to be honest, with the state of the lira, if you have a decent saving in USD you could float for a while.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Someone should organize a marriage exchange, I meet dummies who want to live in the US all the time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

As someone unwilling to give up material comfort I would flee to china

yea i lived in china for a little bit, i had to convince my partner that it would by far be the best choice as far as somewhere to flee to, plus the TEFL market is always quite hot

that said, there is nowhere to go