Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Did some googling. These jumped out at me.

For all you 'small business' types, this looks like the EU's easiest way in: Dutch American Friendship Treaty

quote:

The treaty makes it easier for US Entrepreneurs to open businesses in The Netherlands. It lowers the amount of needed investment capital from €27,000 to €4,500, frees US Entrepreneurs from the points-based test, and removes the benefit to Dutch national interests requirement. The residency permit is good for two years, after which it can be extended. The treaty is valid for all US Americans who are opening a business in the Netherlands or its territories.

For anyone who doesn't mind heat, learning Spanish or Panama...

From this article about real estate options: 12 SECOND RESIDENCIES THROUGH CHEAP REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS

quote:

8. PANAMA

Minimum Investment: $5,000 (Friendly Nations)/$60,000-$80,000 (Other Residency Programs)

If you’re searching for a nomad-friendly second residency, look no further than Panama. This small Latin American country’s territorial tax system, good offshore banking options, and low cost of living make it an excellent place to get a second residency.

And to maintain your Panamanian residence card, you only need to visit the country for a couple of days per year.

Panama offers a wide variety of residency options, including the Friendly Nations Visa, which allows citizens of certain countries to become Panamanian residents by depositing $5,000 in a bank account and creating a Panamanian company.

However, if you don’t qualify for the Friendly Nations Visa, you can still become a Panamanian resident by investing $60,000 in agricultural land or companies, $80,000 in land for reforestation projects, $160,000 in a Panamanian company, or $300,000 in a term deposit account.

The only drawback to Panama is that it isn’t your best option for getting a second citizenship. Panama does not allow dual citizenship.

And while you can technically get your Panamanian passport in as little as five years, that’s not always the case. In fact, I know people who have been living in Panama for 15 years and still have not been able to get a Panamanian passport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Mirello posted:

I live in china. I was supposed to come back in june but lol corona, and now I think I'll just apply for the chinese green card next year. hmmmm, dictatorship where half the population actively hopes I die and theres no governmental help at all and poo poo keeps getting worse, or dictatorship where govt actually cares about the people and life is getting better. It sucks, but america is loving over. hope it's quick rather than long and prolonged

I've got a real estate-adjacent bureaucrat buddy.

Some local rednecks used photos of everyone from his office for target practice

Even his family down there is openly horny for mass murdering liberals.

Stay out. Stay free.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

jokes on you, suckers, I have birthright citizenship in Hungary

now, to look up this Orban fellow, I hope he's a good egg

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's funny because it's true. Look at how America compared to Europe upon independence vs. how it compares today.

EU citizenship means you're free to live anywhere in Europe, and then get a citizenship there. Offer only valid until the EU collapses.

Hans, you've hit the jackpot.

From Wiki: Schengen Area

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Ancestry may confer right to citizenship.

Check yours today!

Example: Italy. If eligibility's unbroken back to your great grandparent(s), you're an Italian citizen.

Example: Ireland. If your grandparent(s) held Irish citizenship, or your Great Grandparent(s) held Irish citizenship and your parent(s) registered in the Foreign Births Register at the time of your birth, you're eligible for Irish citizenship.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

holy gently caress

starting my citizenship process this morning, I guess

Heck yeah!