Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
also that reminded me of another thread years later, a byob thread about Edgar Allen Poe, and it was mostly dumb riffy shitposting kinda stuff, but then somebody posted this:

and that's definitely one I still think about every once in a while
it still makes me laugh

there's so many little things about it that just work

I love the idea of Montresor trying to communicate the story of the grisly murder he committed but instead of writing The Cask of Amontillado, he makes this
I love that they changed nothing other than the labels and yet it conveys the plot of The Cask of Amontillado exactly as well as the unedited comic conveyed whatever was supposed to be happening
I love the childlike mentality of having a little label that just says "Fortunato" like you're supposed to just know who that is
and, as in the original, it's just completely unclear who the happy guy peeing and pooping on the ceiling is supposed to be and why he's peeing and pooping
and the box label at the bottom that reads like a punchline but is absolutely no help in clearing up what's happening. picturing edgar allen poe putting that there like "that ought to clear it up"

just tremendous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I dont remember what thread it was but the phrase "dunk a dill pickle, realdo " gives me a sensible chuckle when i remember it. Think it was was a photoshop thread or something about a granny pointing a revolver at the viewer

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
the guy who kept accidentally posting his workout log in a thread about abortion

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

This has been an interesting thread. The video game Griefing thread was fun(and huge).

Best part of it was a decent bit in when some Goons played a game called Second Life and a MUD named I think Armageddon and began talking about this guy they all knew who played, and was a huge poo poo to everyone who met him. He was severely handicapped and apparently at one point became so upset about something in-game that he tried to kill himself by eating and choking on a paper plate. The guy actually showed up later in the thread to set the record straight or some poo poo but it just kept getting worse.

The thread in general was great though. Lots of good stories about old MMOs like UO.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Manky Tungeon posted:

the guy who kept accidentally posting his workout log in a thread about abortion
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543702&pagenumber=5

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

ClumsyThief posted:

This has been an interesting thread. The video game Griefing thread was fun(and huge).

Best part of it was a decent bit in when some Goons played a game called Second Life and a MUD named I think Armageddon and began talking about this guy they all knew who played, and was a huge poo poo to everyone who met him. He was severely handicapped and apparently at one point became so upset about something in-game that he tried to kill himself by eating and choking on a paper plate. The guy actually showed up later in the thread to set the record straight or some poo poo but it just kept getting worse.

The thread in general was great though. Lots of good stories about old MMOs like UO.

Is the griefing thread still around somewhere, or in the archives? That was an all-time great thread and I wish it was still around, but afaik people got really, REALLY goony in there and it had to be closed or something`?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Enjoy the thread my friends.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Sweet, thanks Mr Chinaski!

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Son of Rodney posted:

Is the griefing thread still around somewhere, or in the archives? That was an all-time great thread and I wish it was still around, but afaik people got really, REALLY goony in there and it had to be closed or something`?

I guess you can see for yourself now, but it was a giant mish mash of doxxing and other bullshit that led to its closure. Still a good read though.

I found the old post that started the stories I was referring to. I forgot how insane that entire thing was, but it wasn't super far into the thread after all. The subject of the story shows up on the same page but it looks like he hasn't posted here since 2014.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’ve thought about making a new griefing thread a few times but I don’t have any stories even close to some of the all-time greats that were in there. Games now are a lot harder to grief in now, too.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
In late stage capitalism, game griefs you!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’ve thought about making a new griefing thread a few times but I don’t have any stories even close to some of the all-time greats that were in there. Games now are a lot harder to grief in now, too.

The idea of a bunch of middle-aged men trying to relive their glory days of spending hours trying to make children cry in video games only to completely bounce off when the young adults who grew up having racial slurs screamed at them over Xbox Live and Twitch chats telling them to kill themselves are completely unfazed by them sounds like an Always Sunny episode.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sleeveless posted:

The idea of a bunch of middle-aged men trying to relive their glory days of spending hours trying to make children cry in video games only to completely bounce off when the young adults who grew up having racial slurs screamed at them over Xbox Live and Twitch chats telling them to kill themselves are completely unfazed by them sounds like an Always Sunny episode.

Thought you said Always Sunny was lovely show. Don't invoke it now.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Sometimes I wonder if John Titor ever made it back home.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Sometimes I wonder if John Titor ever made it back home.

I wonder if, 16 years from now, when Titor builds his time machine, does he have to pay royalties to the serial rapist who owns the patent based on designs (from the future!) Titor posted online.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

THE GODDAMNED DUDE WHO GOT THE MIX TAPE FROM THE WEIRD GUY AND ONE OF THE SONGS WAS "NOT GOOD ENOUGH"

loving poo poo I want that album back

Mother fucker, does anyone other than me and One Friend remember this tragedy

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Does anyone remember a tattoo thread where someone posted their x-rated arm tattoo of the Team Rocket woman from Pokemon getting it on with a Bulbasaur? And people were like "that's a bit much" but he was defending it?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
common brushtail possum

A Strange Aeon posted:

Does anyone remember a tattoo thread where someone posted their x-rated arm tattoo of the Team Rocket woman from Pokemon getting it on with a Bulbasaur? And people were like "that's a bit much" but he was defending it?

yeah i remember this

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I could have sworn it was deadmau5 but I looked it up and he has a slightly different anime girl tentacle loving tattoo. I did find a link to the tattoo you're talking about though: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/626110-tattoo-fails

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

common brushtail possum

Hell yeah!

E: Was it a front page article or a thread where there were a bunch of bees on a children's swing set and some dude fireballed the gently caress out of them?

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

Hell yeah!

E: Was it a front page article or a thread where there were a bunch of bees on a children's swing set and some dude fireballed the gently caress out of them?

it was a loving incredible thread (requires archives)

the pics are broken now but you can see them at this archived version, and they are amazing

that was probably the first thread I read on something awful, and it still holds up :allears:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
the thread where a guy admitted to jerking off at work, and some other dudes also came clean (eheh) and they were all given avatars of a guy with like... an o-face looking like he was strokin it

stream
Nov 24, 2013
Yearly Halloween thread

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Advent calendar thread. Snatter Claus! WIGGLE HE!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Jeza posted:

A couple of ones that aren't on the typical greatest hits list:

Back when it was a bit more active, I used to browse A/T a lot more and I think about the thread about the guy who did corpse retrieval every once in a while. It's something you never hear about, so it was a little secret window into a really interesting but grimy job that is basically unknown. Also that maybe troll thread about the guy who had a 18/19 year old fundie Christian girl sign some totally nutso/illegal contract to be his personal live-in maid/sex object in exchange for paying for everything.

Found it when I went looking for it myself and your post was the only helpful result to remind me that it wasn't fake

here

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 13, 2020

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Cornbinks posted:

Found it when I went looking for it myself and your post was the only helpful result to remind me that it wasn't fake

here

Thanks for this, bit of a trip down memory lane. I did a search for it once a while back and couldn't find it. Equal parts interesting/disturbing thread.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ultra Carp

hahahaha

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I think back when goons originally found Gorgeous George on public access and flooded him with calls. Guy spent a whole year easily having toilets flushed on air.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i just read this too and literally ended up crying laughing by the end

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

snergle posted:

the threads in gbs where they were telling obvious lies about their lives but they were good story tellers.

My favorite's probably Bruiser's (i think that was the username, I might be wrong) garbage truck/street sweeper from hell, I still think of the truck on fire and the disappearing poo poo.

I don't want to look it up because in my head, all of that totally happened as told..and I don't want to find out the guy turned out to be scum of some sort.

I suspect this was long before I registered though I can't really place it on a timeline.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

snergle posted:

the threads in gbs where they were telling obvious lies about their lives but they were good story tellers.

I remember Adaptive Systems writing stuff like that long ago, also now I miss gamequoter

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

meat police posted:

I remember Adaptive Systems writing stuff like that long ago, also now I miss gamequoter

Gamequoter just posted in the Dear Jeffrey thread! (apologies if that's why you mentioned him)

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

The Margarita-machine thread. Just pages and pages of goons rambling about fictional industrial margarita-making machines and the state/history of the art. Like everyone was suddenly a woodshed margarita-scientist. And no one broke kayfabe.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
every single LF thread

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Oddly the thread I think about is the Lowtax thread where he tried to make some lovely lo-fi Simpson's parody called "Bart the General" into a meme.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pondex posted:

The Margarita-machine thread. Just pages and pages of goons rambling about fictional industrial margarita-making machines and the state/history of the art. Like everyone was suddenly a woodshed margarita-scientist. And no one broke kayfabe.

Someone made a thread for a Ducktales MMO that went the same way

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Empty Sandwich posted:

Gamequoter just posted in the Dear Jeffrey thread! (apologies if that's why you mentioned him)

What :what:

DontBurnthePig
Jan 5, 2006
fourthing Zombaby.. each day brought fresh horrors that I couldn't help cry laughing at. The videos, and street preacher Dan, and if I'm remembering correctly there was a follow-up thread where Dan showed up.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3943546&pagenumber=15&perpage=40#post508888584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I think about keyboard gloop every day.