Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Occasionally I remember "Hey guys, meet my roommate!". Said roommate (Brian) loved Magic: The Gathering and wine coolers and occasionally poo poo on the toilet seat. He also wrote fanfiction. A lot of it. All of it about himself. All of it revolved around him marrying some girl he had a crush on in 7th grade even though he hadn't spoken to her in ten years. In the best one he was a professional Magic: The Gathering player and the climax was his dad tearfully begging his forgiveness for ever doubting him that Magic was a viable career. In that one he'd coded his own anime waifu AI that called him "Brian-San". He knew nothing about coding, or Japan, and didn't seem all that good at Magic. Brian-san briefly joined the forums but left or got banned after goons lost interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Charles Bukowski posted:

Schildkrote and co.(Cherrydoom, BrokenLoose, a few others, they were known as Satan's Accountants) did a few lets plays where they would just act out these fanfics as if they were plays, and it was the funniest cringiest poo poo ever. I remember best the one about him going back to ancient egypt and meeting the girl from 7th grade, only she is an Egyptian girl that will eventually be reincarnated into his crush.

IIRC she's also the daughter of the pharaoh, and for some reason the pharaoh wants him to marry her.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

remigious posted:

I also wonder about Blue Story, the woman that was incredibly stupid and pregnant and her husband spent all their money on Star Wars junk. I can’t say I wish her well though.

She would go to conventions and buy a dozen Kids In The Hall t-shirts. Her husband wouldn't talk to her for days at a time while compulsively buying Star Wars merchandise. Boxes of their lovely merch filled their spare bedroom. Despite her and her husband both working they had no emergency fund or retirement savings. She insisted she needed to spend 10-15 dollars on "fruffy" deli sandwiches every day even after the thread explained she was putting her unborn child's life at risk from listeria.

At some point she started posting in the thread under a different account with a name that was just an anagram of Blue Story and goons figured it out immediately.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cubone posted:

the only thing I remember about roman timecube guy was for some reason part of his plan was to hire scantily clad models to help sell it

so you hear somebody is claiming to have finally figured out what these weird little things were and you go to the website and instead of anything like an explanation or summary or even hint it looks like a Troma movie without the violence
":biglips: ooooh baby, a genius found out what roman dodecahedrons are for hehe :sonia:"

His YouTube videos and his website had all these word-saladesque descriptions of the mysterious Roman Dodecahedron around pictures of his company's head scientist holding one in her outstretched hand while wearing a bikini and lab coat. This was because "sex sells", you see. The head scientist was like a physics grad student and not at all hot enough to be the face of a "sex sells" campaign.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
That one poster who had a super cool rug. It had like wizards and dragons or space ships or some poo poo. It was like a whole fantasy or scifi scene. The thread title was something like "just look at my cool rear end rug". Many years later I wish I had such a cool rug.