Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell for many reasons, one of which was to call people up about football games. One of my fondest memories as a Texans fan was December 11th, 2011, when I called up my then-college roommate (I was visiting my parents back in Austin) at about 3:30PM Central. Houston had just staged a last-second victory over the Bengals and their first-ever playoff birth was on the line when my CBS affiliate switched over to the Saints/Titans game. Were the Saints to win, the Texans would clinch, but Tennessee was on the move. Jake Locker had just thrown a bomb to the New Orleans 5-yard line with mere seconds left. I was on the edge of my seat as my long-tortured football soul was waiting for reprieve. The first play? An incomplete pass. Four seconds left on the clock. Locker drops back to pass...and is sacked! The Saints win the game! I shout at my parents "we're going to the playoffs!" but they don't care (my father is a Cowboys fan and my mother, at the time, cheered on the Browns). I knew there was only one person I could talk to - my roommate back in San Marcos. It turned out he had been in the same boat as I, without anyone else to talk to (he was originally from Oklahoma, and I don't know who his family's favorite teams were). We screamed at each other, exuberant that after 10 years of futility, the Texans were going to the playoffs.

Talk about times you called someone up after a football game to talk, and calling into a radio station doesn't count (unless it's really funny).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I once called my daughter's kidnapper to tell him that I'm coming for him. This was unrelated to the game.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I remember those playoffs, OP. That Saturday featured Andre Johnson and the Houston Texans in the early game, and Calvin Johnson and the Detroit Lions in the late game. My buddy and I came up with a drinking game with 2 rules: drink whenever they say Johnson and chug while one of them is on the screen. We got poo poo faced. Also there was a Johnson & Johnson (the baby shampoo) commercial that made us drink as a nice lil bonus.
I've called my dad a few times after titans games, but nothing stands out rn