Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
brb trying to figure out how to make alive little chocolate people with raspberry filling.

or psychedelic swamp thing tubers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
oh hey does that sandwich robin makes in teen titans go! count?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
skimmed back through teen titans go! glad I did, as the wiki page says that the perfect sandwich has pickles in it, and I am unconvinced.

https://teen-titans-go.fandom.com/wiki/Perfect_Sandwich

gotta get a package of cotto salami which I'm not thrilled about and I gotta rewatch the part where robin's putting the sauce together to try and figure out what's supposed to be in it.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
help me out thread

the red bottle's chili sauce, the yellow bottle is lemon juice?, the dark brown bottle is banana sauce?, the light brown bottle is mushroom ketchup? and the green bottle is...like I have no idea what the green bottle is

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Inkspot posted:

The light brown bottle could be truffle oil? Which would make the dark brown bottle garlic... sauce? I can see a perfect sandwich having aioli.

that felt like so right, the sauce even has a golden glow, but there's no egg and I doubt ttg robin would pass on an opportunity to crack an egg on it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

How Wonderful! posted:

The green bottle could be kind of a salsa verde, zhoug, chimichurri? Maybe Robin buys really runny relish.

is that...is that a pickle?

I'm sticking with the mushroom ketchup theory. Though that does make the lemon juice redundant.

so it would either be relish or herb paste
lemon juice
chili sauce
garlic sauce
and mushroom ketchup

that sounds p good. I think I will consider the lemon an animation mistake and use mustard for the yellow ingredient

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

drat that sounds like a pain to make. the other recipe I was looking at was mostly molasses and vinegar.

I wonder if the perfect sandwich would care if I just mixed worcestershire sauce and banana ketchup.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the supermarket had no banana sauce. closest I can come up with is sweetening some katsu sauce. substitutions abound. reproducing fictional recipes in the time of covid is extra tough

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the sandwich is in the fridge crisping

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the sandwich was kinda bad. had I had banana sauce it would've been o.k. though. not good. no matter how well made it was, it would never be good, let alone perfect, just kinda o.k. or, at best, interesting.

for the sauce I mixed dried italian herbs, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar (the banana sauce substitution), and tapatio. I put too much brown sugar in and ruined it, but I was kinda done messing with mixing at that point. if I'd had banana sauce it would've been fine.

I still had those mushrooms from the notion that I would make mushroom ketchup with them, fried them up and topped the sandwich with them.

composition-wise, just too much meat, had I left the salami out and just done bacon and shrooms it would've been better. had I used less salami or used something I like more than cotto salami it also would've been better. I see why the bacon is included though, it's the main source of saltiness in the sandwich. this was the clue that belied the nature of the sandwich to me, it's supposed to be one of those things where every texture and flavor remains strictly divided. instead of a spread like mustard or mayo, it's a dressing so you layer it in a way that the bread remains separate from the sauce, the produce and the meat remain independent from each other by way of the dressing and the bacon is an island unto itself by way of being the only thing salty. it's a bad sandwich, like, it could be fine but the effort that goes into making it is wasted and is wasted in such a way that it makes for a worse sandwich. even if I'd made it better, knowing what I know now, it would still only ever be kind of o.k.. and a 30 second iceberg/mayo/cotto sandwich would always be better. the sandwich is a reflection of robin's micromanagement, compartmentalization and inability to deal with complexities. it's a bad sandwich but 5 seconds of sight gags summing up a character (even one who is one dimensional) so incisively is a goddamn triumph of the art.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
banana sauce is back in stock but rather than revisit that horrible sandwich I made filipino spaghetti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
it's weird how sacrosanct spaghetti noodles are that regional toppings for them are viewed as taboo.