Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Is there a timetable for this whole effort or are we just doing it whenever we can get to something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Could the green bottle be lime juice?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Are you doing this one? If not, I feel like doing it.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Pastry of the Year posted:

Nope, I just thought it was funny. Go for it :cheers:

I spoke to my wife. This is dinner tonight.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I made this. Aldi's ingredients meant I had to use only 2.22 pounds of ground beef, so it was just as well the chili cans were 15 oz. each, so I used two for 30. This made slightly less than the recipe contemplates, but that's just as well because it turns out we're going to be eating this for a while. I followed the recipe otherwise, almost forgetting to put in the pepper (standard black) and salt (kosher). I posted a full gallery of progress shots to Imgur and I was going to post highlights, but I can't figure out how to link to individual images within it. I would definitely make this again, but I'd use more salt and pepper next time. It needs a bit more seasoning. I'd probably also spring for some 90/10 or better instead because I can tell this is drat greasy.

Deviations other than amount were that first we ladled it into individual bowls because this is dinner and my wife and I are not going to be both shoving chips into the same container. No. Second, neither of us care for black olives so she got a couple tomatoes out of our garden and we used those as a topping. Overall, it's pleasant.

EDIT FOR ADVICE: Use strong chips. This is a dense mixture. It's breaking the Hell out of my chips.

MORE ADVICE: Definitely use leaner beef. 85/15 ends up WAY too greasy.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 25, 2020