Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Can you just remove the R and Rusty? Our cars need less rust, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Did the name change break archive access? 'cause I'm not pulling anything up, at all.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Munkeylord posted:

It may have been Subaru parts on a pizza. Before that happens, looking for decent internals to rebuild a stock 257 shorty!

Try allinternalshortys.com , right terrist?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Can we not use the Proud Boy's "gently caress around and find out" motto? I understand they didn't coin the term, but...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's not a Proud Boys meme or their motto.

My experience and Google disagree with that statement.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Dunno what you are googling but it was very distinctly first in use by leftists before Proud Boys - in the flag shown below in fact.

We're not debating the history of the term... the Proud Boys use it as their motto and it's distasteful.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cpicciolini/status/1237733441380245504?lang=en

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 8, 2021

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

as far as I am aware

I'm trying to raise awareness. :shrug:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Safety Dance posted:

Stop doing helping the Proud Boys co-opt a perfectly fine phrase.

Sorry, it's obviously my fault that the Proud Boys use it as their logo. :rolleyes:

It was a simple request, to avoid white nationalist phraseology in the AI rules thread.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 8, 2021

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Elmnt80 posted:

A quick google search shows 0 proud boys bullshit but plenty of leftist uses of it. You sure about this meatpimp? :raise:

Edit: And if we wanna go for personal experiences here, every friday I pass a group of people demonstrating and flying various flags including a blm flag and a rainbow fafo flag. Another notable thing are the shirts with catchy slogans like "Kill the GOP". Must be proud boys in disguise. :thunk:

I didn't mean to make this "a thing," nor do I want to unchill this fine garage. But I'll stand by what I said.

Just like tiki torches and red hats don't necessarily mean anything, the fafo slogan HAS been adopted by the Proud Boys. Prove it? Well, we have to go deeper than the surface, because it's a lovely group that uses lovely tactics. However, here's a picture from January 6:

and an Oklahoma Proud Boys web site: http://www.okfafo.com

Which has in its Gallery (and site name):

and a CTVNews story: https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/these-are-some-of-the-extremist-groups-responsible-for-the-violence-on-capitol-hill-1.5259142

which states, in part:

quote:

Amongst several armed and body-armoured rioters that day were those sporting patches or apparel with the acronym FAFO, which stands for “F*** around and find out,” a slogan affiliated with the Proud Boys.

Or a Miami New Times article going back to 2018: https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/inside-miami-alt-right-and-proud-boys-chapter-10945821

which states, in part:

quote:

the group condones violence only in self-defense, though the email signature for the Miami Proud Boys is "gently caress Around and Find Out."

Or an NPR article
with this picture of Proud Boys in FAFO hoodies: https://www.npr.org/2020/12/12/945825924/trump-supporters-arrive-in-washington-once-again-for-a-million-maga-march

I could go on, there's more. Including the chants of it during Proud Boy marches, but I'm not getting that poo poo in my youtube feed.

Look, this isn't a historical AI phrase the got preempted, it's largely in the collective consciousness because of the January insurrection. I'm just asking that we recognize that just like tiki torches, that phrase has been tainted and should be avoided.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 8, 2021

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Saw this meme and thought it was a fitting follow-up to the discussion earlier this year:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Inkfish posted:

shut da fuk up seppo

A necro to shitpost and run. Bold move in the mod thread.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I'm sure I'm missing something, but what was actionable in this post:

Ok Comboomer posted:

Also get buff and embrace the Turkish Zangief look in your 30s

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zangief is definitely a look, is it because there was a nationality specified?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cage posted:

OkComboomer probs/bans in his first 12 years: 5.
OkComboomer probs/bans since covid: 68

Dude needs his self requested 30 day break. Why worry about a 6 hour prob for a hat trick semi-poo poo post?

Judge not of the quantity, but of the quality of one's probes.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Please welcome as AI's newest IK - CursedShitbox!

CSB has been one of the most respected and knowledgeable posters on this forum for years and is being asked to assist where his depth of knowledge will be greatly appreciated esp in places like the Stupid Question and other general purpose threads.

Commiserations or congrats :)

Yeah, he may have been around a while, but has he ever seen a truly cursed piece of equipment or a real shitbox???

Oh... wait... welcome, new IK.