Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

My PIN is 4826 posted:

I decided to pick this up purely on a throwaway comment somewhere saying Infinite Jest fans are as annoying as Dune fans, and I really liked dune, so :haw:

So far what's got me through the first 100 pages is getting to the very brief glimpses into how the medical attaché's quiet night in is progressing, but I'm persisting in the hope that the book gets going soon...

I have read literally nothing about this book that spoils the plot, but so far I'm guessing that the infinite jest work(s) that got mentioned in the torturously long filmgraphy endnote is what the mysterious tape is?

I finished it a month or two ago. I would say that it never really gets going, so to speak, it just kinda sucks you in at some point. It got me somewhere after page 200.

regarding your spoiler yes, its one of them, V i believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU