Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been going through this book for the third time (although this time I’m just listening to the Infinite Cast podcast which is a lot of fun although of course I would not recommend it for anyone’s first time) and it still kinda bowls me over how often I find passages and ideas I find powerful and thoughtful and generally hashtag relatable and also just how much more casual and readable it is than its ridiculous reputation would lead one to assume. Also just how many characters are like legitimately loveable and engaging. Best book!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Stinky_Pete posted:

For example, there's a story that for all I know will never come up again

lmao @ saying this about maybe the second main character

IJ is a real “it’s the journey, not the destination” book. I don’t know if that’s helpful at all, but it’s completely true.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished Infinite Cast. Really good podcast! Molly and Chris rule. But I’m here because in the last episode they mentioned this recent Patricia Lockwood essay on DFW and it kicks rear end: https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v45/n14/patricia-lockwood/where-be-your-jibes-now