Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I kinda like the hard climb of the teens in trophy levels, but it doesn't really matter. Let's see that big number

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I think every single PS4 -> PS5 port has had a separate trophy list. Seems like that's just how it works.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

What's this about nier unlocks??

I also don't feel like "boosting" is cheating, either. I still have had to work hard to get a group of people together and all the challenges represented in herding cats, it's still a valid completion.

It's a bummer that hacking achievements on Steam is so trivial, so it loses some of that validity, but again this hobby is just for me and we don't answer to anyone but ourselves (and spouses, hah). And while Steam achievement hacking is the most visible, it's apparently almost as straight forward to hack trophies on PSN.

At the end of Nier Automata, there's a shop vender who will just sell you achievements if you want. (not real money, just like buying a healing item or weapon in the game)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

This is also another interesting debate.

Has anyone noticed there's a trend of indie game expansions turning into a separate full game? Hollow Knight SilkSong, subnautica below zero, atlas (supposed to be an expansion to ark) and many more? Or even smaller dlcs turning out to be even bigger add ons.

I think you're far better turning it into a standalone expansion (as you've already got a pipeline for working on the extra content) that probably brings in more sales than selling a dlc and has more player engagement.

After the first of the 3 new campaigns came out, Shovel Knight started selling the other campaigns separate (as well as including them in the original game) just because the first one got like zero press.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Tony Hawk Remaster is an ugly platinum, the xp you get to reach level 100 is terribly slow.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

actively avoided using the word 'grind' in that post

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I'll have to check that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Jokymi posted:

There it is! It took a little over a month of off-and-on play, but I've officially cleared Arkham City. It was definitely a grind, but I still had fun with most of it aside from a few really frustrating challenges.

I'll probably start up Knight soon and go for the trifecta. I'm kind of glad that Origins has so many multiplayer achievements, otherwise I might be tempted to go for 100% in that one as well.

Awesome job