Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Problem description: I built my PC in 2015 and have never had a problem with it. Normally it boots Windows when I turn it on, but today it opens to some BIOS screen which can only be interacted with for a few seconds before the monitor goes dark. The only options in that time window are to press Ctrl + P for the MEBx setup menu, F2 or Delete to run Setup, or F11 fir Boot menu. Only the first option does anything, the other two just go to a black screen. The first option opens a MEBx login meny which accepts the default password but will not do anything after that point.

Attempted fixes: Turned it off then on, googled, called intel tech support (their system is down and they can't share their troubleshooting with me because of it)

Recent changes: No recent changes to system or configuration.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home Basic 64-bit

System specs:

EVGA 02G-P4-3751-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750
Intel Core i3-4160 Haswell Dual-Core 3.6GHz LGA 11
ASRock H97M Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel H97 HDMI SATA 6Gb
Pareema 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Check your power connectors on the board & GPU to make sure nothing came loose or same out?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Will do again and check back in later

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I didn't change anything and it just kinda magically fixed itself