Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I didn't even know he was on TV and thought you meant his column had been dumped. What a letdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Knobb Manwich posted:

It's no risk to travel from a lower risk area to a still-low-but-higher risk area?

It's an infinitesimally small risk for somebody asking for compassionate exemption. It would be a different question if they were coming from Melbourne, but they're coming from a territory that's recorded no cases of COVID for six weeks.

uvar posted:

I didn't even know he was on TV and thought you meant his column had been dumped. What a letdown.

I'm more glad KAK is gone from Channel 10 than Hildebrand because she's orders of magnitude worse, but either way it doesn't really make any difference, these are just budget cuts and they'll resurface elsewhere.

The more troubling thing is that this is part of massive budget cuts across Ten which has also seen them slash their non Sydney and Melbourne newsrooms. I know it's just Ten, but a) a lot of those same journos fed work and material into The Project which is some of the only decent progressive journalism in the country, and b) it's part of a much broader pattern of the slow death of journalism in this country.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

hambeet posted:

That’s not how arguing on the internet works Tommu you jerk.

no u

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hooman posted:

I made this six years ago. I pray this is the last time I will ever be exposed to his idiocy such that I feel the need to use it.

So, I say, optimistically, for the final time

maybe he can rebrand

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Wizard Master posted:

Sorry mate but these types of snarktastic responses help exactly two people: Jack and poo poo

Where do you think we are??

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wizard Master

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

freebooter posted:

ssive journalism in the country,

hahahaha

project fuckin sucks OP

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Wizard Master posted:

Sorry mate but these types of snarktastic responses help exactly two people: Jack and poo poo

Boy do I have some bad news for you about the non-snarktastic ones too.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Hot Take: All posts are bad, even this one.

EDIT: Nachos are good.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nacho posts

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

Nacho posts

Nacho dad's postin.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

hambeet posted:

Nacho posts

i did nacho see that coming hahah!!!!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

hooman posted:

Hot Take: All posts are bad, even this one.

EDIT: Nachos are good.

We will dictate who arrives in QLD and the circumstances they arrive in, Nacho spineless LNP sop who’s being weak on borders.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
QLD having ACT as a hot-spot has always seemed weird to me but maybe they just want to stop Federal politicians from coming to QLD to campaign during the state election? I joke and god that sounds jaded as gently caress but everyone's playing politics so obviously and clumsily right now I wouldn't even be shocked.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Walking disappointment/corporate bootlicker Matt Canavan has opened his stupid loving mouth again:

https://twitter.com/mattjcan/status/1304291929069240320

What a piece of poo poo

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Whom amongst us hasn't obliterated ancient culture with bombs for the express purposes of profiteering off globally destructive enterprise, cast the first stone, I dare you

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 11, 2020

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The idea we should always be thankful of mining creating jobs is always a cute one to me because my father worked in the industry and the absolute second a mining site wasn't pulling in large enough piles of money and no one else was around to buy it to run it, it was closed. My dad worked for three different mines as a clerk while I was a child, with two closing down and the third one closing down just so they could fire all the mining staff and after a few months start back up again. In addition to that at the third mine he worked at till he retired changed owners a few times as the market waxed and waned, and one of his bosses tried to turbofuck him and fire him about a week away from my dad's retirement. There's absolutely no reason at all to be "thankful" for a job in mining because the industry treats all its employees with contempt, considering them a "necessary evil" for making giant stacks of cash before they go loving off.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

QLD having ACT as a hot-spot has always seemed weird to me but maybe they just want to stop Federal politicians from coming to QLD to campaign during the state election? I joke and god that sounds jaded as gently caress but everyone's playing politics so obviously and clumsily right now I wouldn't even be shocked.

it's because some dude tried to escape NSW via the ACT. Idk if there's border control between NSW and the ACT but it's because it was ruined for everyone.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Not so much ACT as a hotspot, rather the idiots that catch a flight from NSW, then tranship in the ACT and fly into QLD.

edit: beaten by this >< much. I was one day away from flying down to the ACT to see family when the "fly back and you get 2 weeks in a hotel room and have to pay for it* rules got dropped. Not happy about it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Recoome posted:

it's because some dude tried to escape NSW via the ACT. Idk if there's border control between NSW and the ACT but it's because it was ruined for everyone.

Pikehead posted:

Not so much ACT as a hotspot, rather the idiots that catch a flight from NSW, then tranship in the ACT and fly into QLD.

edit: beaten by this >< much. I was one day away from flying down to the ACT to see family when the "fly back and you get 2 weeks in a hotel room and have to pay for it* rules got dropped. Not happy about it.

Man I hadn't even considered that, it's both sad and hilarious at the same time. I often have to explain to people why certain rules are the way they are so I should have expected "Because someone did something they shouldn't have and ruined it for everyone else" because that's basically the reason for everything.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Walking disappointment/corporate bootlicker Matt Canavan has opened his stupid loving mouth again:

What a piece of poo poo

well that's definitely worth blowing up one of the most significant archaeological sites in the country

BRB, blowing up Stonehenge to make number go up.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Seems you dinguses and especially TheLastRoboKy missed what I thought was the obvious macabre irony of Canavan's tweet so I'll just regurgitate what I posted on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/GarbageDotNet/status/1304382774741147658

Also my take re the Rio exec sackings is that they're probably just using the sacred site demolishing as an excuse to carry-out whatever machinations they've planned. Not to diminish the absolute horror of obliterating a sacred cultural site but it happened months ago and the media had already forgotten about it. They'd effectively gotten away with it what with the government having no mechanism or willingness to sanction them they only had to worry about the PR poo poo (Unless I've completely missed some facet of it please tell me if I have).

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'd just like to get a happy spring and/or hay fever season post in before the inevitable breakin of posts about Dan should resign.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

If you'd like I can run interference. I have very strong opinions re the Perth 2020 Mayoral race, specifically re that bootlicker Basil Zempilas.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Gridlocked posted:

I'd just like to get a happy spring and/or hay fever season post in before the inevitable breakin of posts about Dan should resign.

U resign first

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
resign yourself to the inevitable

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Does anyone happen to have any idea what the Eora or Guringai people called the pacific ocean?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Pile Of Garbage posted:

If you'd like I can run interference. I have very strong opinions re the Perth 2020 Mayoral race, specifically re that bootlicker Basil Zempilas.

Basil is a greasy dirtbag. If you have any specific stories about him I am all ears and can probably pass them on to a journo who is thinking about writing a story on him.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

hahahaha

project fuckin sucks OP

Can you name me anywhere else on the commercial networks that you'll see people discuss (for example) Indigenous discrimination from a remotely sympathetic perspective?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

freebooter posted:

Can you name me anywhere else on the commercial networks that you'll see people discuss (for example) Indigenous discrimination from a remotely sympathetic perspective?

The Today Show?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Sooooo... Are we going to talk about one of the co-authors of the modelling Dan used saying Dan's gone twice as hard as they would've recommended?

ABC posted:

University of Melbourne epidemiologist Tony Blakely, who co-authored the modelling used by the Government, said the target for moving to the thid step was "too stringent".

He told the Herald Sun newspaper the target of fewer than five daily coronavirus cases across two weeks was overly cautious.

"That's their [the Government's] call, it's not one I would have made," he said.

Professor Blakely said he would have aimed for an average of 10 cases per day, rather than five.

The Herald sun article quotes the co author saying Dan's limit has a estimated 3% chance of a third wave. Their preferred target has s 10% chance.

Guys. I think Dan's played Xcom.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/clive-palmer-party-candidate-tony-pecora/

quote:

Police allege that a former candidate for Clive Palmer’s United Australia party has used a fake Facebook page to organise anti-lockdown protests, which makes for one huge yikes of a sentence.
Tony Pecora, 43, who was allegedly operating under the alias of ‘Arkwell Tripelligo‘, has been charged with organising the event ‘Melbourne Walk For Freedom’, the Melbourne Magistrates Court heard on Friday.
The anti-lockdown protest was scheduled to run on Saturday in the Royal Botanic Gardens, with more than 1,500 people indicating they were going. Current rules in Victoria state that no more than two people can meet up in public.
Supposedly the man has some pretty wild beliefs, including one he apparently told the police, that COVID-19 is a “genetically engineered virus created by world banks to kill off weaker humans,” which is more than just a spicy take.
According to Detective Acting Senior Sergeant David Schaefer, Pecora also claimed to be a “combatant in the game of geopolitical chess” and “called on (his supporters) to remain united against the forces of darkness and demanded that the Victorian Premier be arrested for treasonous activities”

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Whatever Dan did is working

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Resign yourself and face to bushfires.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Why would you write like this.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
It's what gets you clicks on Twitter and Instragram I guess. Most of their articles are about reality TV or the latest chocolate bar

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
arkwell tripelligo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

What a piece of poo poo

While we are all saddened by the damage to historic sites in Palmyra, we shouldn’t forget that ISIS took a lot of wayward youth and gave them a real sense of purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Knobb Manwich posted:

Sooooo... Are we going to talk about one of the co-authors of the modelling Dan used saying Dan's gone twice as hard as they would've recommended?

The Herald sun article quotes the co author saying Dan's limit has a estimated 3% chance of a third wave. Their preferred target has s 10% chance.

Guys. I think Dan's played Xcom.

I think you’ll find our own esteemed thread epidemiologist recommends 20 per day