Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I'm voting for the local councillor who wants to put a new pool in.

We don't have a public pool in my electorate, so it'd be really nice :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
14 day rolling average is now increasing, cases with unknown source continues to rise.

Cool.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

JBP posted:

I'm interested in seeing how far they go on Sunday with stage 3a or whatever it is they're going to call it. We will probably end up like the UK since the virus is already out there and we aren't controlling it as hoped. Open the blood gates.

Andrews flagged that the changes will be social not economic.

I'm really beginning to struggle. It's been illegal for me to work since August, and Jobkeeper is getting reduced.

I don't want to be dramatic, but it's getting to a point where they're not leaving me any choice but to break the rules so I can pay my bills.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

freebooter posted:

Zero community transmissions for how long? If that's sustained, isn't that elimination?

This is a sticking point for the government.

Andrews continues to say they're not going for elimination, while at the same time, this is the last step of the roadmap.

it's truly dumb, and means if there's a single case of Coronavirus in say, a Mildura nursing home, that means a seafood festival in Sorrento cannot go ahead, and will then need to wait another 28 days with an infinitely resetting clock.

But don't call it elimination! :allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Finally

I was standing in line at the BWS to buy some bubbles, and the people both in front, and behind me were doing the same.

2 girls were taking selfies outside the closed hairdresser.

For the first time in months, I feel a tiny sense of optimism.

edit: there's a beach 23kms from my house. At dawn I'm driving there to swim. I cannot wait to walk on sand and swim again.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Tommunist posted:

Same sense of optimism here. Gonna head down to the botanical Gardens tomorrow and I've got some walks planned next weekend with a mate now that we can finally see each other.

Mate, I don't know you from a bar of soap - but for going through the last 6 months with me. loving cheers, here's to you and your friend :)

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
https://twitter.com/abcmelbourne/status/1318442853534609409

Meanwhile it's illegal for me to see people from 2 different houses at once.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Hey, I'm on the discord as Yeast.

Posting here to verify.

I have to wait another 5mins and 13sec before I can post apparently. Lol.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Friend has video of hail stones that smacked through the tile roof, and punched through the ceiling into the rooms below.

Insane.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
"Under the changes, and from tonight at 11:59pm, masks will only be required in a limited number of places: on public transport, in rideshare vehicles and taxis, in some retail settings including indoor shopping centres, supermarkets, department stores and indoor markets."

Hooray!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

kirbysuperstar posted:

Which state is this?

The only one with a mask mandate!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
https://twitter.com/GordyPls/status/1339723515872772101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Greater Sydney residents or visitors cannot enter Victoria without hotel quarantine as of midnight.

VIC residents get an extra 24hrs to get home, must self isolate at their residence.