Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah most of the frustration I'm seeing (and experiencing tbh) isn't paired with a sentiment that we should end lockdown. It's just venting that we're doing everything right and it's still not getting where it needs to be, and frankly fatigue from the lockdown. Like, this situation objectively loving sucks, and I am feeling new levels of annoyance and depression at it all, I want to see my family and friends, but that does not mean I think restrictions should be lifted. It's the right thing but it's loving hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

You're right, everyone.

Dan Andrews is a fantastic leader.

He did nothing wrong.

Everything that's gone wrong is not the Government's fault.

Let's just shut up and endure the worst loving lockdown in the world right now.

If you think that's what people in this thread are saying to you you're a complete dumbass

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

1. The vast majority of cops do not ask that and 2. I don’t give a poo poo about going to a restaurant

The boot licking in this thread is insane. When the 5km limit is listed on Sunday the back flipping will be crazy.

It is intensely weird that you think people not going outside the 5km limit now, but feeling comfortable doing so after it is lifted is back flipping

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

Are you saying that it's okay to risk spreading the virus, if the cause is important enough? If so, then the argument against me should not be, "you are threatening someone's health" but "your reason is not good enough to break restrictions". Those are two very different things.

Your reason is not good enough to break restrictions

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Proud of the hard work of everyone in Melbourne who dealt with the restrictions to get us here, despite the best efforts of some people to undermine all this work by e.g. going to parks outside of the restrictions just because they felt like it

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Tommunist posted:

what if i'm angry at CS because he posts bad

just another example, he's breaking good posting rules and here you are being all uptight about it. Just relax man go with the flow it'll be fine, let the angry weirdo post

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Liberté, égalité and fraternité, or she'll be right, fair go and mateship

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

A curfew didn't stop anyone getting COVID. Hope that helps.

This seems almost impossible to prove

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

The curfew was not based on medical advice. It was designed to make it easier for police. This was confirmed by the premier.

Make it easier for police to do what?

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Into The Mild posted:

I’m gonna second this .... the what now?

Sex on premise? Like a brothel? Or a swingers club type deal?

They're often like a nude sauna/spa with pools and then little rooms and things, usually for gay men, where you go and have sex. There are a few of them around.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

hambeet posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Into The Mild posted:

Oh like a gay sauna..... wait you said usually for gay men... there’s hetro versions of this?

Yeah what the other poster said, plus obviously bi men and msm and sometimes trans folk who are not men. I think het ones are way less common as a standing venue, that kind of thing usually happens in like private residences, but they exist

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Recoome posted:

The SMH has now doubled down on TERFism which is insanely cool

the smdh

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

I have been watching the UK turn into loving terf Island over the past few years and just anxiously waiting for that poo poo to get imported. I was shocked (in a good way) when Greg Hunt told the people calling for the inquiry into treating trans kids to essentially get hosed, but good to know even the non-murdoch media is doing its best to keep the flame alive. At least if this poo poo really kicks off I can follow in one of my UK sister's footsteps and seek asylum in NZ

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

JBP posted:

Seems like a windup

He'll probably say it's a wind up at some point but it's also the man who was incredibly shocked and alarmed at a little sign in a bathroom to make trans people feel a little more comfortable so who knooooows

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

JBP posted:

There is no point it's just a forums convo. I do think it's moderately interesting to consider the source being a shithouse parent versus an agent provocateur.

Yeah see this is why the letter makes me sadder than if it was just some troll idiot or culture warrior. You've got enough on your plate then mum blows up twelve months in and writes to the paper or gets on FB to poo poo on you as a human being and poo poo on the people that want you to succeed and live your best life.

It is absolutely 100% believable to me that someone wrote that and thinks those things. There's some real factual inaccuracies about the system in there, and some really common TERF talking points ('transgenderism' is a bit of a giveaway) some of which are imported pretty directly from the UK TERFy conversation, but I have absolutely no doubt that the person who wrote it would believe they are true. That's why it's horrendous journalism to just print some anonymous op-ed and not fact check the person's claims.

I really, really feel for her son, I can't imagine how much it would suck to have a transphobic parent in that way while still being completely under their control. I feel like it either ends with the mum coming to accept her son and realising she was wrong about this, or she will kiss her relationship with her son goodbye (which the school counsellor has already warned her about) in which case she'll blame the 'trans cult' for doing it and get further and further into the TERFy bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Ever since they relaxed the restrictions for the masks in Melbourne, I have had a few instances where I've forgotten, so I think I'm going to pretend I still need to wear it all the time.

My brain jusy works better with "outside of house = mask all the time" than "sometimes, if you're going to be indoors at these particular places". I recently made it all the way to the checkout of a supermarket before I realised I'd forgotten, was shocked noone stopped me