Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Pleasant Friend posted:

Why you skip Winter?

what's winter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

just don't expect to actually make a living wage doing it unless you can hack a 14 hour day bent double in the sun.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

hambeet posted:

jordies is fine, it's known as comedy you doofuses

then why isn't it funny

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

JBP posted:

Avoca is not an expensive place and I'd rather go surfing and smoke weed on the "reduced" (inverted commas because it's cheaper to live there than the city) rate than get a job.

then why don't you?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Tommunist posted:

LOL that you think that qld government has recruited 2k new cops to put down a rebellion in loving Queensland

you'd be surprised, qlders can get pretty ornery.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Tommunist posted:

Im looking forward to the Far north Queensland insurgency when Katter loses it over another croc killing

based on past events it's more likely to be either angry shearers or unemployed people storming city hall.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

When the article says QPS is appealing, does it mean QPS is seeking a harsher or softer sentence?

it's a typo, the QPS is appalling

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Are there any shearers under 60

gotta be at least one.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Electric Wrigglies posted:

I think this is most likely and they think it is close enough to be worth putting in the effort.

To be honest I thought the ALP would be a shoo in for QLD because;
~ Covid has not really impacted QLD to the same degree as other states and the government has loosened up internal travel and freedoms cautiously but fairly actively. Crises that aren't completely mishandled generally favour the incumbent.
~ Keeping out other states - always a popular move to keep out "others".
~ Federal is Lib/Nat and that's not going anywhere soon by the looks and Australians generally seem to like having one of each in federal / state.
~ ALP QLD doesn't seem to have had recent major stuff ups - parties get voted out, generally, not oppositions getting voted in.
~ The Nat opposition does not seem to be incompetent but not exciting either.
~There has been plenty of news in 2020 to be bored of the status quo and wanting to change things up just because.

Against that is that ALP has had what 25 or something years in government out of the last 30? Maybe also there is some mud sticking against ALP from all that is being flung against Andrews for being taking the strongest actions on Covid with the worst result nationally. I would not have thought it would be too much of an impact so because polls are quite often completely wrong these days, are we actually looking at a comfortable ALP victory there?

alp are going to lose majority government and be forced under the boot of the greens lol, they say they won't make a deal but they will.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

hambeet posted:

I want metro Melbourne to continue to suffer

not related to covid, i just think they could use taking down a peg or two.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

GoldStandardConure posted:

my standards of company are very high indeed

I have lungs

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Knobb Manwich posted:

You can't prove that!

Tbh the most surprising part of that guy who's been doing it for 17 years was that he's still amateur. Go pro already, join the police.

qpol have standards.

please stop laughing.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

2 signs, a floodlight and 3 people in purple and people still can't seem to find the polling booth.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Kazzah posted:

GREEN N GOLD DAWN

I reckon we could maybe take Alaska. Hawaii if the Navy isn't there.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

Went well the last time someone attacked Hawaii.

The last time the Navy was there, hence my qualification.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

the battery division seems to be legit, largely because musky doesn't have much to do with it. much like the bits of spacex that aren't a kessler syndrome waiting to happen or blowing up on the launchpad.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yes, it is scientifically possible to be racist towards italians...but only if you are Literally Hitler

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

perennial thread favorite Pete Evans is happily posting pro-nazi cartoons on his facebook wall.

https://twitter.com/byronkaye/status/1327926188510068738

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

the vcjd test requires a biopsy sample from the patient's tonsil and AFAIK there's only one lab that does it in the country.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

gotta be Samson, imo.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Cain's the OG but he only kills like, one guy.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was thinking that guy who killed like a hundred people with the jawbone of an rear end

thatbastardken posted:

gotta be Samson, imo.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

no, there were other accounts with only eyewitness evidence that got treated as 'credible' by ADF brass

it may relate to the number of witnesses or quality of testimony or if other circumstances lined up, like if the soldiers accused of slitting kids throats were not on that patrol or whatever.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

pretty much, yeah. the section of the official report detailing specific instances is all still classified pending charges being bought afaik.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Electric Wrigglies posted:

There are a number of events which are likely to support a military conviction. There are also other allegations which are not supported to a standard likely to result in a conviction or are provably untrue. The 14 year old boys one was in the second group.

we don't know the evidentiary grounds on which they decided which events went into which group though, unless I've missed something.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

that's not even vaguely what JBP was saying.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Homora Gaykemi posted:

I guess there's some rational cis understanding of "it doesn't sound like a made up story" after reading an article full of typical transphobic talking points that my tranny brain just can't understand so I'll have to take y'alls word for it

the article (written by a lovely transphobic parent) seems like a true account of the feelings of a lovely transphobic parent? it's not an endorsement of the article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

mezza krimbo!