Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Into The Mild posted:

Pretty much this. I remember hearing about programs where school teachers get part of their tuition paid for (or discounted at the end or whatever) if they took jobs in remote communities... what’s more is that there’s a internal list for promotion, and relocation. Anyone who completed that program is also bumped up on that list. So go do your time in the bush, and out of it you’ll have less hecs debt, and you’ll have an easier time changing schools to an area you might like.

I don’t know if that program still exists.... but it’s a brilliant idea.

Edit: I fully expect that scomo will end up with a dumb idea like “force those HECS dodgers overseas to come back and pick fruit!”

Teach For Australia. Uni Grads can get an accelerated masters of teaching for half the price while earning a wage learning on the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

bell jar posted:

ISSUES RAISED:

Scomo

Thread’s good again

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Konomex posted:

Blatant corruption. I used to think this country wasn't so corrupt. This is ridiculous.

Recent headlines:

Foxtel gets subsidy from gvmt without tender and faster than allowed.

NSW gov pays a billionaire 10x what the land is worth for a second airport in Sydney which won’t open for 20-30 years.

We’re cooked

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

uvar posted:

Not the NSW Gov, the Federal Government, in July 2018 when Scomo was Treasurer

My mistake. I imagine with the threat of ICAC NSW pollies would have been more circumspect than the federal government was in this case.

IMO federal ICAC yesterday

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Knobb Manwich posted:

https://amp.theguardian.com/austral...-mccormack-says

If u think about it, we blindly paid $30 million for the land. They could have asked for $60 million and really had one over on us.

Oh that’s ok then. I’m glad he cleared that up. Was worried that he was negligent in his duties.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Can’t blame Victorians for being mad. I’ve been able to delete schoos at the pub for months now. I’d loving hate to be in their position.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
There’s a contradiction in every Australian’s heart between a “fair-go” and “she’ll be right”. How can one reconcile the fact that saying “she’ll be right” to someone breaking the rules is, in fact, denying another a “fair-go”? What would you do if your “fair-go” required her to actually be not right? It is an impossible situation.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
CFMEU office in Sydney raided by the AFP yesterday. If you fail at first, try, try again!

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Gladys must have good dirt in everyone to not get rolled by now. It’s been scandal after scandal. Barry O’Farrell resigned over a $2000 wine and for Gladys :confused:

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Restrictions are easing but I don’t know anyone who would want to go to the city for a night out unless a band was playing. Pretty well dead.

Everyone’s moved on to Newtown about 5-10 minutes train from Central and now I can never get a seat at the loving Courty

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Comstar posted:

What are you suggesting? That I was wrong? That we should have shut down when we did and not days or weeks earlier?

Those 17 people infected are likely to have infected twice that amount, and you wouldn't know about it for another 1-3 days.

I was planning on traveling to Sydney. What do you...suggest I do now?

Come to sydney my friend. No-one from the northern beaches goes south of the spit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Ok I secured the Christmas Ham and a case of vino so sydney can go into lockdown now. 2 weeks of wine and swine :getin: