Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I didn't even know he was on TV and thought you meant his column had been dumped. What a letdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Do people care about their HECS debts? Mine will disappear eventually without much inconvenience, and before I had a job over the threshold it was the least of my concerns. The only reason I'd consider paying early is if the libs start meddling with it.

Though I haven't compared it to current uni fees, maybe I'm out of touch there.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I found some old mining propaganda in a drawer at work (~1991 based on a university newspaper parody using the same catchphrase)

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Would you pass the Australian Values section on the updated Citizenship Test? I'm also still waiting to see what the updates to the Australian Values Statement are about.

16. Which of these statements best demonstrates Australian values about freedom of expression?
a. Everyone can peacefully express their opinions within the law
b. People with different views from me need to keep quiet
c. Only approved topics can be discussed

17. Should people in Australia make an effort to learn English?
a. People in Australia should speak whichever language is most commonly spoken in their local neighbourhood
b. There is no expectation to learn any particular language in Australia
c. Yes, English is the national language of Australia and it helps to get an education, a job, and to integrate into the community

18. In Australia, can you encourage violence against a person or group of people if you have been insulted?
a. Yes, if you do not intend to carry out the violence
b. No, it is against Australian values and the law
c. Sometimes, if I feel very offended

19. Should people tolerate one another where they find that they disagree?
a. It is against the law to disagree with one another
b. No, people only need to treat each other with respect if they agree with one another
c. Yes, peaceful disagreement reflects Australian values in relation to mutual respect

20. Which of the following is an example of contributing to the Australian community?
a. Volunteering or fundraising for a charity is a great opportunity to strengthen our community
b. I should not make any effort to get to know other people
c. People in Australia should not contribute to the community because Australia is a free country

This feels like the "Are you a terrorist? [ ] Yes [ ] No" question on the USA visa application.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
If the previous tweet doesn't show up in the embed, this is about a lockdown protestor's one weird trick to avoid being fined, "they" are the police. The thread is longer in both directions.

https://twitter.com/sexenheimer/status/1307168680787107840

uvar fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 19, 2020

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Newspoll Spring - APPROVAL RAISED: Scomo

(but only +1)

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
But he calls himself friendly!

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

realbez posted:

What is that from?

Greens party parliamentary training :smug:

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2012-featured-story-archive/simple-sabotage.html

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

ColtMcAsskick posted:

NSW gov pays a billionaire 10x what the land is worth for a second airport in Sydney which won’t open for 20-30 years.

Not the NSW Gov, the Federal Government, in July 2018 when Scomo was Treasurer

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I'm continuing my streak of not watching his videos but judging from the ones that have been showing up on the Australia subreddit lately, friendly jordan is pivoting dangerously close to the "my feuds are the most interesting content" youtube drama spiral

edit: tudge will pay a fine at most

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Sign me up for Anidav style camp, I could do with a fresh new look

We've had some fun drama in TAS politics after a public servant accidentally sent some documents to the Greens but compared to Vicpol it seems a bit underwhelming now.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
CelestialScribe's great-great-grandfather: "Now that we banned grazing on the village green, it's finally starting to recover. So there's no harm in sneaking a few of my sheep back onto it."

Warning: I'm down in Tasmania, so I believe I'm not allowed to have an opinion on anything happening in Victoria or Melbourne. (Though I am a little paranoid about the reopening to most of the mainland in a week or two.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

trunkh posted:

So where does Waze fit in? Is using a crowd sourced traffic map, a "radar detector"?

Speed camera alerts on GPS devices and phones are banned in some European countries IIRC, it could be included if they want it to be and are sufficiently tech-savvy. Probably near impossible to actually catch anyone that way though.