Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

So what's the deal with Pally and Scomo and this QLD border-funeral business? It's a month away from the state election so it's a little hard to decipher what actually happened and what's Murdoch mud-slinging.

Scomo/murdoch going for round 2 after pulling similar poo poo two weeks ago. They claimed a pregnant woman lost her child because of QLD border restrictions. It turns out NSW officials misinformed her (there is a medical emergency exemption to get around the border rules) and she never actually attempted to cross the border. LNP are just straight dogshit people so they have been trying to use this to convince qlders that the border restrictions are bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if the funeral stuff turns out to be half-truths as well. Regardless, if we have a covid outbreak there is going to be a lot more funerals that people can't attend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Knobb Manwich posted:

Do you have a source for that bit? Hadn't heard it.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...nied-healthcare

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Electric Wrigglies posted:

I half suspect that because of the BLM/HK/Yellow Jackets and other popular unrest around the world the policing human resource increase is less about cars in Townsville and more about resourcing up for revolt putdowns.

APS fully expect to have to manage unrest in Australia and it is the politicians of both sides jobs to provide the resources and to sell it to the Australian population. Similarly why the drive for normalisation of army use for civilian control (ostensibly for covid control but despite public messaging, diggers trained to shoot people are not any better than ex airline staff at quarantine, a soldier with guaranteed employment dragged down from his/her QLD base does not have any more fucks to give about being near diseased people than a local employed to protect their community).

That's why QLD ALP is doing something that you think would have been anathema post Fitzgerald and re-enforcing the police empire which historically has marched towards the LNP.

You are overthinking it. This state is full of bootlickers and Palaszczuk just wants their vote.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's been deleted but I remember Jordies making a video praising Sam Dastyari about a year or so before the whole Chinese donation scandal.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Pikehead posted:

I don't understand who that is aimed at. Surely Queensland voters can't be that stupid?

No, it's okay, I'll see myself out.

But seriously, that's 1950s level campaigning there. Are there going to be roving gangs of the lawless youth rampaging around inner city Brisbane followed by special curfew police?

I had a look around the Twitters and it seems legit?!?!?!?!?!?!

There is no doubt that this is aimed at North Queensland, where "youths" exclusively means indigenous kids.

e: yep, just looked it up and the curfew is only for Cairns and Townsville

Sparticle fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Oct 21, 2020