Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Hobo Erotica postin time.

(It's good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Post union culture.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

She was viral marketing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nationalise farms and forcibly send anyone with <30 ENTER or whatever it is now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Just pump terrifying amounts of money into the CSIRO and manufacturing with a view to automate 50% of farm output and make that one of many nation building projects to ride out roni with public spending and create a heap of jobs. Like if we had a halfway efficient manufacturing sector for that kind of difficult task it would be very good for us near and long term.

It would be literally free in the end as well since credit costs next to nothing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What's wrong with saying scomo derisively? You think people on something awful are going to read that and vote lnp? It's better than polboomer jokes like scummo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Scummo is on par with Juliar

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Buttcoin purse posted:

Seriously what is ENTER?

VCE scoring for vanguard millennials. I thinks it's atar now?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why bother, the Twitter using idiot set don't give a poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Omg jordies literally enslaved those women and it has Abu Ghraib wipe over the faces must be real omg someone call his employer the Australian Labor party

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Question 17 seems reasonable enough.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Homora Gaykemi posted:

It's important to learn the language when you move to a country, which is why we all speak a vibrant array of indigenous languages that totally aren't either already extinct or in danger of being lost

Wow you're so clever.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It's pretty funny when you consider English has no official legal status as national language of Australia and the correct answer is factually wrong

I don't think you need to legally enshrine English as the national language for it to be factually correct that all our poo poo is written in English.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

All our poo poo is written in a lot of languages tho, the point of not having a de Jure national language is that there's no functional reason to actually identify and specific language as a national language. It's funny to say something is a national language when it doesn't have de Jure status. Sorry jordies hosed your brain chemistry for humour or whatever bro

Next time I apply for a job I'll write my application in Farsi and see how it goes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tommunist posted:

Honestly knowing farsi is probably a job opener

If you know Farsi and English, absolutely.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hello this is centre left supercommenter Joe Hildebrand for 2GB today's discussion reverse racism and how it probably happened to you.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-16/nsw-central-coact-holiday-homes-tourism-covid-19-hotspots/12669074

I don't know what to do about this. Like it's not just a whinge and I know I wouldn't be working a full week to earn a hundred bucks more than jobseeker if I was on it. This combined with all the insolvent traders will be interesting. Work for the jobseeker incoming.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

"Plantations unable to attract slaves now emancipation in effect."

Avoca is not an expensive place and I'd rather go surfing and smoke weed on the "reduced" (inverted commas because it's cheaper to live there than the city) rate than get a job.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

thatbastardken posted:

then why don't you?

Because I live in Melbourne. This is my home. My home is not a less expensive area of the country where jobseeker and keeper is of a greater real value for the time being.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Knobb Manwich posted:

Idgi, what are we supposed to argue with you about? The rate of jobseeker, the rate of the Coronavirus supplement, dole bludgers, cost of living, pay and condition, jobseeker/jobkeeper disrupting businesses, something else?

Why do you want to argue ffs. It's just another problem on the pile that will rear it's head over the next couple of months and have ramifications for next year.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Can Victorians stop licking doorknobs for like five minutes

What does this mean

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

uvar posted:

Newspoll Spring - APPROVAL RAISED: Scomo

(but only +1)

Is it 97 yet

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MSM can't fight for their fellow elite political classmen here so they have to take the fallback idpol position over a super Mario Italian accent.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Seemlar posted:

Jordie is also apparently being investigated for a stalking a journalist and is claiming it's a press conspiracy to 'cancel' him, so maybe there could be a better messenger for shining a light on political corruption than Millennial Latham

Haha

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm laughing at people chowing down greedily on on the story that jordies is a stalker

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

freebooter posted:

This is fair enough. Nobody needs to be doing anything "helpful" on a dumb comedy forum. I just get annoyed on principle when people react to actual, real issues with inane hyperbole like, say, implying that the Brisbane coroner is conspiring with police to cover up a deliberate murder.

Given that it's an institutional problem, what I mean by "unhelpful" is that it draws a false dichotomy by suggesting that all Aboriginal deaths in custody are the result of direct malice rather than indirect malice, callousness or carelessness because Aboriginal lives are viewed as less important (on the part of both police and a social system which in the first place makes them come into contact with the CJS far more often).

This is precisely what allows various officials to get away with mealy-mouthed talk about deaths of "natural causes." The failing being examined at the moment is that she wasn't checked on hourly - as though everything would have been fine if she were. It allows society to dodge the broader question of why she was in that cell in the first place, why she wasn't with family or friends when she had a health crisis. That's what people should focus on. It's enough of an outrage without speculating that police murdered her.

And yeah, yeah, I know, who cares because it was a throwaway line and this is a private forum nobody's actually reading anyway.

I understood what you intended and I agree with what you've said here. Turning everything into a throwaway most extreme case isn't useful, but I guess it's super fun to post mad hyperbole in a pocket of something awful.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That's cool news. Probably got them digging fortifications to go hand in hand with the mock bombing runs on Guam.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bill was too good for us as a nation tbh and I'm glad he's able to relax at home and deliver the odd sniper missive.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Goldmine

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Knobb Manwich posted:

Sorry this is so long but holy poo poo what utter loving nutters. Yeah, the UN sent in their globalist world police but forgot to match uniforms with the locals. This is perfectly sane.

ABC Coronacheck

Extra funny when you live in the western suburbs near the PORT HQ and see them all the time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You found my red herring!!????

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oblivious to what? People in this country still want big numbers of police.

E: also lol at thinking this is going to be viewed poorly in Queensland

JBP fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 27, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GotLag posted:

Gee, I wonder why the federal government would like to normalise the involvement of the force it controls in the middle of a federal-state pissing match, what a loving mystery!

They also want to normalise 5g towers really makes you think.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The free market is just more efficient.

The police declined to do their jobs in Victoria so we got Serco and a curfew. Magnificent organisation.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Seems like a more reasonable position than masks forever even if no-one has the virus.

Launchpad McQuack posted:

I am goanna listen to the chair of epidemiology at deaken uni, who was quoted in the article, over some snarky gently caress posting on Twitter. Science went out the window in March, this is all about politics now.

It's a Twitter ethical tech guy to boot.

JBP fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 28, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

realbez posted:

How come instead of just posting the link to the afr article (or the content) and your comment, we need a Twitter guy’s hot take on it as well?

Twitter is like a metaphor that fucks up one person's brain, then transmits to other people's brains and fucks them up.

JBP fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 28, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

So the epidemiologist said one in a million, based on 5 cases (a day, presumably)...the AFR then compares that to the chance of getting struck by lightning which it claims is one in 12,000, meaning there should be 416 people struck by lightning every day in Melbourne?

Like, I’m not convinced by the necessity of masks with no community transmission, but comparing a chance of something happening daily to the chance of something happening over your lifetime is pathetic journalism.

At least the lightning has an actual chance if killing you, unlike the 1 in 20 million chance of dying to covid if you aren't an invalid.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Translation: I beat up black people

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Who else is in the back seat with scomo?

Frydenberg and ?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"Shock defeat" incoming.