Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
leader against funny government animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

uvar posted:

I found some old mining propaganda in a drawer at work (~1991 based on a university newspaper parody using the same catchphrase)

Come back, zinc! Come back!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Peccadillo posted:

'pparently Menzies is pronounced Ming-ess because Z replaced the Scottish letter yogh because it was close enough on the German printing presses that standardised the latin alphabet, like how they replaced the "th" letter thorne with a Y, as in "Ye Old"

hosed up

Menzies the Merciless

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I guessed years ago that labour is full of people who wanted to join the liberals but there weren't any vacancies, and I think I've never been more right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Can Victorians stop licking doorknobs for like five minutes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

thatbastardken posted:

based on past events it's more likely to be either angry shearers or unemployed people storming city hall.

Are there any shearers under 60

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Thing is that there's a sort of Hapsburgification of the ruling class of most of the world at this point where it's enough generations in that they don't have many among the people allowed to run for office who can actually pull off looking like a human being for five minutes at a time, leaving it open for wild-eyed fascists who at least look familiar in a 'frothing maniac small business owner' kind of way if they can elbow their way in.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

We're gonna see victorians run screaming down the streets naked

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just give people free booze

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I feel like this is a good time for the old classic:

I don't know how to tell you that you should care about other people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

'No Way To Prevent This', Says Man In Only State Where This Is Happening

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I always thought that Memri TV guy going on about Albanians looked like Hughsey

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

freebooter posted:

Only New South Wales and Victoria exist. Other states do not exist. Other alternatives do not exist.

Isn't this basically what most of them believe by default

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

freebooter posted:

This is all correct, and simply demonstrates that Australia is still a deeply English nation

It only comes off as unique since postwar Britain has become even more hosed up in its own special way

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It does help that Labor dropped the pretense of standing for anything at all.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

the coalition will outlaw death

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Always though South Australians seemed pretty good at social distancing in any case, possibly accidentally.

freebooter posted:

The most pertinent question going forward, I think, is what's raised in this piece: why are we still farming out traveller quarantine to private hotels in city CBDs?

Because capitalism.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The flag mask is giving japan a warning that an idiot is approaching

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tomberforce posted:

Just been reading about the South Australian business community's support for their 'swift and decisive' very sensible big brained lock down. Weirdly no one is calling Marshall a dictator?

See the earlier post that you don't need to worry about harming the economy when you don't have one anyway

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

https://twitter.com/gabby_marchant/status/1328957637157904385

Having been to port pirie, this makes sense

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This really is a great time to be a shut-in. I ordered a new computer chair, was cheap but apparently the brand is dodgy, should be interesting.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for October:

YOURE SYDNEY

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

VOTE1 posted:

This, there’s a whole demographic (largely 20 something men) who are probably the highest percent of undecided/unaffiliated voters. No political party is connecting with them, yet a YouTube guy who’s got a screw loose is one of the few people to ever make them think about politics. Don’t know if the answer is moderating the crazy, or trying to get less crazy people into the same space, but it’s a whole generation of voters who are entirely up for grabs, pointing out the stupid thing he says once a month is all well and good but the people he’s speaking to could decide the next election, the left has to find a way to engage them.

We've seen where this road leads, where only fringe online figures are even acknowledging rampant inequality and young people being completely shafted, and it doesn't end well.

Problem is it seems like Labor is basically a nonentity for the most part.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

All the best bits of the Bible describe D&D characters

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Was thinking that guy who killed like a hundred people with the jawbone of an rear end

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I hope China makes more of these, the trolling is clearly working. (though I'm aware it's not aimed at Australians)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It really goes in with how they're stupid racists who think nonwhite people are even more stupid and won't be able to tell an image isn't the literal truth unless they're repeatedly told.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SA is appropriately positioned.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's impossible to convince olds no matter what the numbers everywhere say: young people have no loving money

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

JBP posted:

Fair enough. Reads like a pearl clutching Aussie mum that reads Fairfax and considers herself very open minded to me.

Those people lie and lie all the goddamn time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

We've seen how many heads of state get infected in the last few months?