Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Please stop sending me auspol stubby coolers it is deeply hosed to do so in this time when I am still drinking porters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

JBP posted:

Question 17 seems reasonable enough.

It's pretty funny when you consider English has no official legal status as national language of Australia and the correct answer is factually wrong

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

All our poo poo is written in a lot of languages tho, the point of not having a de Jure national language is that there's no functional reason to actually identify and specific language as a national language. It's funny to say something is a national language when it doesn't have de Jure status. Sorry jordies hosed your brain chemistry for humour or whatever bro

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If you apply for the public service, maybe

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Queenslanders are a vicious breed and would rather cut their towbars off rather than vote for an LNP that shows any sign of weakness. We won't actually be averse to electing another Campbell Newman should one be brave enough to slither up the ranks again but for whatever reason they cloak their fascism way more than the electorate yearns for and are punished for it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Still unclear if labor are even bothering to run a candidate in my seat yet. Primary last election was something obnoxious over a majority for LNP, 10 ONP, 7 LAB, 5 GRN so it wouldn't surprise me if they werent although spiting the greens voters that would probably trend Labor (I'd hope) would be on brand

Did KAP poo poo the bed for registration or something in Qld? Usually their stuff is everywhere out here even if they don't pull massive numbers

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Throwing my durry butts out the car window to protest the poor management of roadside brush management by the council and the defunding of the rfs

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I recommend Qld, we have strong borders, an ALP state gov, and constantly battling the gangs of roving maurauders trying to take our water keeps the ennui away

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I spent yesterday afternoon stoned in South bank sitting under a tree sending out powerful vibes in the hopes that the friendlyjordies meltdown if trad loses her seat will Be Epic

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the fact that my greens candidate has worse teeth than I do and runs a pub has just really set an optimistic tone for me this election. i don't care what happens. i'm having a great time picking his signs up off the side of the road and setting em back up. i already have an inpatiient psychiatric process on the go for when ONP inevitably ring a bunch of poo poo in. its gonna be great.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I spent yesterday afternoon stoned in South bank sitting under a tree sending out powerful vibes in the hopes that the friendlyjordies meltdown if trad loses her seat will Be Epic

Anidav posted:

#Newspoll QLD Seat of South Brisbane 2 Party Preferred: ALP 45.5 (-8 since election) GRN 54.5 (+8) #qldvotes #auspol

#Newspoll QLD Seat of South Brisbane Primary Votes: ALP 32 (-4.0 since election) GRN 39 (+4.6) LNP 24 (-0.3) ON 3 (+3.0) UAP 0.5 (+0.5) #qldvotes #auspol

And it's not due to Lib preferences either.

you're welcome everyone

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Anidav posted:

Can I come next time.

i'm not going back to brisbane again until we are allowed to dance.

bowmore posted:

Clive is mass texting people in Queensland (and some in WA) to not vote ALP as they will introduce a death tax

I got this and didn't read it at first because it was from "mineralology" and I thought that was my insane mother in laws crystal MLM bullshit

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Death tax is bad because they're the two most certain things so you can't run a parallel market speculating on it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

sometimes you have to go to the knocky for a sex worker but many are independent contractors that do not have a fixed workplace. This is an off premise job.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The only mod I respect is the skater xl bail sounds replacement mod with the 'Barry White cordially invites you to a weekend at Paul Quinn college AH gently caress' audio cuts

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Allstone posted:

I'm damp garbage

How good is the rain

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Looking at the rain gauge and contemplating getting on the beers

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hambeet posted:

-No one posts in bad faith nor antagonises anyone

I know you don't have me blocked because you reply to me so you are just intentionally lying to people now

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Big gently caress off storm over SEQ gives me omnious election portents. I have tentatively lowered the glass and put away the beers until results are in.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm not clued in at all living in God's honest Country but I heard John Meyer caused some Greens Troubles and has been ejected from the party and is running in South Brisbane as an independent

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

lih posted:

yeah he was the candidate for Clayfield but claimed the party was rorting JobKeeper and those claims are currently under investigation. he was also accused of harassment and intimidation which he was disendorsed for but he's claimed that was retaliation. notably some of the emails he brought to the media to show how rotten the Greens are had obviously fake dates (stuff like '32nd of July') so idk what was going on there.

Yeah this is more or less what I heard point for point, surprised I haven't heard it rattle up the Murdoch chain, they love greens troubles, but presumably the LNP are treating the greens as the credible anti Labor threat that Labor love to bang on that they are

E: I have been informed the filth have picked it up to some extent but Ive made a bucket bong to placate the storm and am navigating the present through divination currently and have eschewed traditional methods of media to focus on the static in the air

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 31, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Big swings to the Greens but only in Brisbane City limits.

South Brisbane looks like a lock for em which is huge. 2.4 swing against LNP in my home seat which is an obnoxiously safe seat. Looking like KAP and ONP retain all their existing seats but no new gains thank christ. Huge LAB gains in formerly safe LNP seats. If Everton ever goes Red that'll be a Big Deal but i doubt it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Tomberforce posted:

Why is there such a difference in QLD between the Fed and State elections? Seems Lab is much more competative in the State election?

The more immediately apparent effects of LNP ratfucking of services mostly. State services tend to be the ones people deal with more often so the impacts of them being gutted tend to be more obvious

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

The Bjelke-Peterson government traumatised the gently caress out of the greater Brisbane area in the 70s and 80s and as a result the most densely populated region in QLD is hesitant to vote LNP at the state level. Federal politics doesn't have the same dynamic.

This too although the lingering stink of the LNP on rurall areas has been dissapting and going to independents and KAP/ONP since Newman, people really didn't like how quickly he threw the term mandate around. Presumably the unicameral thing makes voters behave differently too.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 31, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Anidav posted:

So the LNP is basically the Gold Coast party.

Incredible Tim Mander erasure, must be a Rabbitohs fan

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I doubt it, I think their wider voter base would rather chew their arm off than vote for a football ref

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hambeet posted:

don't feed him after midnight.

What's the worst that could happe...

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Laserface posted:

do they know we spell labour with a U in australia?

Do not fuckin troll me like this outside of gbs it's humiliating

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah Qld alp jammed some laws this morning, realised that would happen as a result and immediately overturned them. Unicameral democracy Baby

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The wild thing about SEQ public transport is the parts of it that are good and efficient and cheap mostly run through the areas with the highest median income/property prices and the rest of it is completely hosed. You can say that good access drives value up but that doesn't explain poo poo like the g-link which got put in completely as a whole system long after the areas it runs through were established and super charged with yuppie energy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Blue QLD is hosed in the head and exactly the kind of degeneracy i'd expect from a Something Awful Moderator

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Genuinely impressed that our boys committed a war crime so bad they had to redact it out of a report about a fucktonne of cold blooded civilian murders

https://twitter.com/annajhenderson/status/1329288595832594432?s=19

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Like you have to ask

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm also on my phone but the twitter screenshot is more than enough imo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

JBP posted:

Why do you follow him if you don't like it

I'm not sure you understand how twitter works but if you'd like me to explain it my rate is 200 an hour

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

JBP posted:

I disagree. Everyone should voluntarily sign up for the angry click machine.

Extremely weird way to refer to SA but sure

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Cashless welfare card passed lower house by one vote. Huge shoutout to the LNP member who made a big deal of opposing it then abstained rather than crossing the floor. Sorry in advance to the people who read my senators emails

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

gently caress marry kill?

I gently caress myself, marry my liquor bottles together and kill god

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

bell jar posted:

Just move to Victoria :shrug: it makes sense

Seems like the fair compromise to move to a state with an ineffectual LAB government first so you don't get political shock. I recommend queensland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Homora Gaykemi posted:

"A mother who wishes to remain anonymous says transgenderism has now become fashionable to young people."

Love to see big papers posting this kind of terf propaganda. Super cool. Guess we've gotta catch up to Mummy England on this stuff eventually

:fuckoff:

I'm still struggling with the article apparently written by a 44 year old that refers to 'beatniks'