Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Hildebrand is gone

i'm glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Cool of the abc to both sides JK Rowling's transphobia only for it to turn out that her new book is about a transvestite serial killer

Just kill the loving thing if it's just going to be a lazy newscorp mirror

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ablo on News Breakfast can't even commit to a plan for zero net emissions by 2050

We're all gonna burn

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It's important to learn the language when you move to a country, which is why we all speak a vibrant array of indigenous languages that totally aren't either already extinct or in danger of being lost

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
freebootlicker

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
if we're not very precise with our language people will say that systemic racism including indigenous deaths in custody are a lie and a hoax and that blm is a marxist conspiracy

wait, Mark Latham got elected to the NSW parliament and gets to go on national television every morning and already says all of that stuff? oops

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

can't believe that the morning shows that have been complicit in Pauline's return because her hideous poo poo drove ratings would go out of their way to manufacture situations where her hideous poo poo could further drive their ratings

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 9, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lih posted:

will likely get the support of a bunch of coalition backbenchers though

yeah, i haven't been paying too much attention to this particular bill but i know he's had LNP folk involved before with his campaigns sending anti-trans propaganda to schools so there's at least some that will be in for this thing too

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 11, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
These boots were made for lickin', and that's just what I'll do

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Indigenous deaths in custody are the same as not being able to take my kid to the park. I am a sensible adult.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I don't think this is uniquely Australian. Seems the yanks have this attitude too.

i mean when you consider that we're culturally the bastard child of Rule Britannia and the US that makes total sense

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast Burrito posted:

This seems almost impossible to prove

None of the measures taken actually helped, the number of cases just magically went down on its own

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lest we forget to destroy the evidence of our war crimes

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Politics needs less dummy halves, and more dummy thicc

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Labor would name the giant robot like Sensible Coal and Gas or some poo poo, not after actual industrial action

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If either of our major parties were in charge there would be no Aussie jaeger, we would have gone all in on building those walls that get instantly destroyed.

"I stopped the--" *squished by giant monster*

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Once we active the subliminal programming in Rupert Murdoch and seize control of the American media apparatus they won't stand a chance

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol how loving dumb do you have to be to throw away free goodwill points

I guess they weighed up "hey, this is a neat gesture" sentiment that doesn't actually require anything from them against "rabble rabble bloody abbos rabble rabble special treatment rabble rabble virtue signaling"

Which, the former is the obvious correct choice, but knowing Australians, yeah

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Senor Tron posted:

In some areas that could work, but the problem is that public transport tends to get worse the further you get from the centre of cities, which are also the areas that are cheaper to live and so get lower income people who are less able to pay the taxes.

Also they'd just ramp up the taxes and then never actually put anything into public transport anyway

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

freebooter posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/australian-special-forces-soldiers-committed-up-to-39-murders-adf-report-20201110-p56dek.html

"The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald have previously reported that one of the key focuses of the inquiry was war hero and Victoria Cross recipient Ben Roberts-Smith. However, in his report Justice Brereton has issued orders preventing the name of witnesses or those subject to orders being named."

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

hang the lot of 'em

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Seemlar posted:

The owner of Channel 7 has promised to bankroll the defense of all the war crims

can't have are boys' war crimes sullying the image of your currently running Celebrity SAS reality show

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao, Seven is rolling right into an SAS UK show next week after their Australian one finished. Definitely part of the reason their chairman is leaping to the defense of war criminals

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I find that my life is better for seeing Jordy's big rant blaming the Betoota Advocate for Gladys' win and just ignoring him ever since

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
it's Buttock's world, we're just living in it

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Photo reveals Australian soldier drinking beer out of dead Taliban fighter's prosthetic leg

I guess this is why they were going so hard on that fake photo yesterday, they knew more real ones of are boys being reprehensible shits were coming

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Politoons

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Dandrews runs Barter Town

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"A mother who wishes to remain anonymous says transgenderism has now become fashionable to young people."

Love to see big papers posting this kind of terf propaganda. Super cool. Guess we've gotta catch up to Mummy England on this stuff eventually

:fuckoff:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
love some "legitimate concerns"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Jobs and growth

"Work makes you free"

:thunk:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast Burrito posted:

He'll probably say it's a wind up at some point but it's also the man who was incredibly shocked and alarmed at a little sign in a bathroom to make trans people feel a little more comfortable so who knooooows

I'm sure JBP will have some anecdotes from linguistic and historian friends explaining why "folks" actually is secret Nazi code now

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

That sounds more like your department.

I wasn't the one that looked at a transphobe's op-ed and said "the example is bad, but the rhetoric is good"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"I wasn't saying the rhetoric was good, I was just saying it sounded true and my psychologist friends told me it was a real thing"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"My friend tells me kids pretend to be trannies as a fas, but they never let it get that far so this story repeating the same things I believe is obviously a fake. This isn't harmful at all"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I guess there's some rational cis understanding of "it doesn't sound like a made up story" after reading an article full of typical transphobic talking points that my tranny brain just can't understand so I'll have to take y'alls word for it

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 15, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
farmers: https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1339389333912993792

also farmers: "gosh, we just can't get anybody to come do picking work for us"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The Arse has the woman that founded Quillette writing anti-transition poo poo today

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What should we do with the north shore once coronavirus has killed all the existing residents?

slap one of those "This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here." plaques there

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 18, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
super cool to see someone in one of the biggest papers in the country describing affirming care for trans kids this way

quote:

It’s worth remembering that after the horrors of World War II, the Nuremberg Code for human experimentation was written and adopted by medical associations around the world. The code is an extension of the Hippocratic oath and stipulates that for a person to participate in a medical experiment, they must voluntarily consent, must not be subject to the possibility of disabling injury, and the degree of risk must never outweigh the experiment’s humanitarian benefit. As a society, we tend to consider ourselves more advanced and more ethical than one that would conduct risky medical experiments on children.

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
gettin' the Gladys germs