Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Previous Thread: Auspol Autumn - Dictator Dan banned good posting

Our Australian Community
AusGBS: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910734
Auspol Chill out Zone:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690833

In the interests of making sure all Australian communities are seen and heard. Please be on your best behaviour. Theres also a mythical Auspol discord but we don't talk about it.

Australian News

Wuhaniel Andrews keeps Victoria in his iron grip in attempt to defeat a virus no more deadly then getting mauled to death by a shark. A brave band of rebels lead by powerful Batmancer Tim Smith remains the only hope for this bastion of freedom.

Other News

NSW nationals rebel when told they can no longer bathe in the blood of koalas.

Other Other News

apparently the ACT has an election but who the gently caress cares lmao.

tommu (pictued below) really made this op, i made a really poo poo one that anidav deleted

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

fantastic. great move. well done hambeet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

loving anidav edited my thread

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it's not hte first time he's pulled poo poo on me.

tyranny in our time

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

he's not that thin he's a more of a tub guts. see op

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

didn't even credit my alternative OP smdh

hahah rude, i'll put that in there for you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

First impressions of Spirited Away from someone who's interests do not come close to Anime.

For context, I am a 6ft 260lb Strongman who likes Quentin Tarantino films, drinking good quality IPAs, Bourbon and Rum. I like tech-metal and heavy electronic music. I have never had any interest in anime before, it has never appealed to.me, nothing about it.

I had surgery on my arm last week and am signed off work for the next 6 weeks, can go for a walk, but can't drive. I cannot use my right hand so am fairly limited in what I can do.

Today, I decided to out my prejudice behind me and give Spirited Away a go, I had heard of Studio Ghibli and thought, 'why not?'

I have to admit, I absolutely loved it. I had no idea what to expect, but I love how the story evolves constantly. The whole film escalates continuously in a dream like world that kept my attention the entire way through. I'm prone to drifting during films, but I was watching properly the whole time.

The plot, characters, storyline and setting kept expanding, so rapidly, that before long I wasn't concentrating on the 'why's', just accepting what was happening for the sake of an adventure film and going with it.

Don't get me wrong, I have so many questions that I'm happy to leave unanswered, such as:

Why are they all animals?

Why are there some humans that noone is questioning?

What is No-Face?

Why does the bathouse business need to exist?

Why is there suddenly a Geisha house?

Why is there a disproportionate amount of frogs?

Why does the bird lady look identical to Margaret Thatcher?

Why is No-Face eating everybody?

What on earth is this giant baby doing?

Why does Alice in Wonderland look like a day trip to the beach after this?

Why does No-Face go completely back to normal after leaving?

I think No-Face is absolutely fantastic for reasons unbeknownst to me.

I was dreading that there would be a 'she woke up and it was all a dream' ending and was glad to see there was a subtler, more clever ending to it than that.

Highly impressed, never thought I'd watch an anime film yet alone enjoy it.

look at the scorn she has on her face for that really loving lovely year 12 formal tie knot and crease.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pikehead posted:

Yup. One of the Nationals MPs is reportedly still going to sit on the crossbench, taking the NSW government majority down to one. Some change, but not much.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/nsw-nationals-back-down-after-berejiklian-s-ultimatum-20200911-p55ult.html

There's mention of "concessions" that the Nationals are going to get, whatever they might be.

there are none. they took a new proposal to gladys and got told no, get hosed.

quote:

The Nationals had earlier resolved to push for early talks in September and had compiled a list of changes that they wanted. But the premier insisted on normal processes and declined to offer concessions.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ed-as-untenable

and now his leadership is being condemned as untenable.

if they weren't all a bunch of dropkicks you'd think someone set him up to get rid of him. (no, they're too loving stupid)

hambeet fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 11, 2020

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That’s not how arguing on the internet works Tommu you jerk.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and from twitter, apparently MediaReach did the polling for NT election and called it a safe victory for the Libs.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

someone post the gif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lmao

not that one but noice

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hooman posted:

I made this six years ago. I pray this is the last time I will ever be exposed to his idiocy such that I feel the need to use it.

So, I say, optimistically, for the final time

maybe he can rebrand

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wizard Master

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nacho posts

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Buttcoin purse posted:

How far away would it be?

Is there some threshold they wouldn't ask you to travel further than?

Anyway good luck with the process!

From memory they used to say up to 60 minutes one way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bucky Fullminster posted:

For anyone wondering how and why the lockdowns have been such an effective 'recruiting' tool for the far-right, here is a nice long piece that puts it all in to context. Conservatives have used the 'Conspiracy Narrative' in the fight against collectivism since at least the end of WW1, and Trump's election tore the mask off, and now here we are:

https://medium.com/@daniel.ed.morrison/the-greatest-trick-the-devil-ever-pulled-10caa1cec8b5

Telling the story like this may have a chance at reaching some people, who knows.

Good read, thanks!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

article lovely.

well that's nearly always true.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

we all want a house elf

dobbie rhymes with

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

shouldn't it be spruiked as the bushfire equivalent of ronald regan's star wars?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:munch:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rude

Hmmm I’ll allow it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

VCE scoring for vanguard millennials. I thinks it's atar now?

Yeah, it was ENTER for us, TER for a few year levels above us.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

another one of scomos campaigns?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

jordies is fine, it's known as comedy you doofuses

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

super mario is not a race, tommu

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

left: tommu's posting
right: anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

left: tommu's posting
right: anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

then why isn't it funny

it is funny. you post about it and i laugh. that's comedy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that's loving amazing.

i'm gonna print a huge one at work to put up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

why is the queen there? is this a sov citizen thing?

why rupert? do they think he is helping dan control victoria?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

space wolves are really just furries if you think about it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

terrabites

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it also didn't work for those people who did install it. there was that office in melb where one guy spread it through the floor of his office and the app, allegedly, did not link any of them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Hello if you are an American who reads this thread for bizzare reason I have questions to ask you

Shoot!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Melbourne Florida

under lockdown

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cartoon posted:

What's the Supreme Court of Melbourne Online?

CKH was found hanging in his cell at Maryborough correctional centre in the early hours of 7 November 2012. In the preceding months he had, at various times, been accommodated in the MCC safety unit due to self-reported suicidal ideation. However, two days prior to his death CKH's risk classification was lowered and, having already begun a process of reintegration, he was returned to a regular cell. The drawstring on a prison laundry bag, thinner than it should have been, enabled CKH to fashion a noose through the otherwise inaccessible holes in an air vent.

ISSUES RAISED
Mental health / cognitive impairment.

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so we're a beer gut of a nation?