Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Bring back keelhauling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Plenty of people are breaking the rules and I'd hazard a guess that most of those people would blame the Govt for a 3rd wave if it happens and take no responsibility for their own actions.

CelestialScribe posted:

I'm not going to put people at risk but I'm going for long drives to take my son to parks, and to secluded reserves where we can meet with friends while remaining socially distant, while wearing masks, etc. gently caress Dan Andrews, gently caress Labor, gently caress this administration for fumbling their loving responsibilities.

While small, this does increase the chances of the virus spreading which then puts people at risk. It might only be a small increase but if 100000 people do it the risk goes up and we end up with the current situation.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

CelestialScribe posted:

So does letting intimate partners see each other. I don't see you complaining about that?

Dan Andrews seems to think that seeing a tinder hook-up is more important than me seeing a close friend, in public, in the open, while masked. gently caress him and gently caress the rules.

There are a lot less intimate partners than their are close friends.

The system and modelling had to be set up around rules to limit the spread so the lines have to be drawn somewhere. If the rules aren't followed then the chances of the predictions being accurate decrease. If you choose to not follow the rules don't blame the government for the system failing.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

CelestialScribe posted:

I absolutely blame the government for getting us to this point, yes. Yes I do.

From this point? No, I don't blame them. But they've forced Victorians into a position where the only reasonable thing to do is break the rules. So gently caress them.

You seem to be a lot more focused on me killing someone than Dan Andrews, whose government failures have *literally* caused the deaths of dozens of people in this state. Shift your focus.

And you don't think the 2nd wave could have been caused in part by similar breaches of the rules as is occurring now?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

CelestialScribe posted:

The 2nd wave occurred because security guards were not trained properly and there was not a system in place to prevent their own personal mistakes (yes, flagrant restriction breaking) from threatening the community.

That is Dan Andrews' failure, and his failure alone. And if it was a Liberal government you would say the same thing.

And what about everyone in the community after those initial mistakes - was everyone following the rules perfectly?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

CelestialScribe posted:

No. It's almost as if the contact tracing in place should consider that people aren't going to get everything 100% right.

How well does contract tracing work if people break the rules?

Also, nowhere have I said that the Government doesn't hold some responsibility for the situation. There's just plenty of people who take no responsibility for the way their actions effect the situation and then blame to government for the outcome.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hooman posted:

EDIT: Letting so many people fall through the safety net is the real failure of the government. Because that's entirely within their control and decision making ability.

Exactly.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I too am unable to understand that leaving the 5km area and potentially interacting with people outside the designated restrictions increases risk of the virus spreading. Masks and social distancing are 100% effective and it is 100% guaranteed that I will not interact with another person when breaking the rules.

If every person broke the rules there would be no increase in risk from the millions of possible interactions each day and I take no responsibility for my actions.

Get hosed bootlickers.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Nobody has ever crashed their car going for a drive further than 5km from their house resulting in them unexpectedly coming in close contact with multiple people, including potentially a trip to hospital.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

JBP posted:

I hope they loving charge them and do something with it. They were shooting people dead because they literally couldn't be hosed waiting for a second helicopter and stuff.

They were also murdering people for reasons other than being too lazy: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-19/afghanistan-war-crimes-report-igadf-paul-brereton-released/12896234

quote:

The inquiry said junior soldiers were often required by their patrol commanders to shoot prisoners to get their first kill.

If there's any justice then not only will those responsible end up in jail but the whole SAS will be decommissioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Hot take: You can't protect private property rights while also protecting the environment.