Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Walking disappointment/corporate bootlicker Matt Canavan has opened his stupid loving mouth again:

https://twitter.com/mattjcan/status/1304291929069240320

What a piece of poo poo

You see a mining company that destroys an irreplaceable historic site is a bit like a bad father or a bad husband. Not withstanding all their faults, you find that they tend to do more good than harm. They might be destroying some of the most significant cultural artefacts on the planet but at least they're employing someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Into The Mild posted:

Edit: I fully expect that scomo will end up with a dumb idea like “force those HECS dodgers overseas to come back and pick fruit!”

Double the HECS debt of anyone who doesn't go pick fruit.
Bingo Bango, deficit fixed, farmers helped, not one rich person has to pay anything!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

trunkh posted:

So where does Waze fit in? Is using a crowd sourced traffic map, a "radar detector"?

Google maps also presents this data (google owns Waze)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Because we couldn't just make it harder to "corprsatise yourself"....

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Knobb Manwich posted:

They'll blame literally everything on the greens next election.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

bowmore posted:

Clive is mass texting people in Queensland (and some in WA) to not vote ALP as they will introduce a death tax

I know people are dumb but a death tax = good for like 97% of the population

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Comstar posted:

I hate discord and please don’t close this thread.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Basil lasted 1 week in the Perth mayor position before making GBS threads on trans people and the homeless

Way to go fuckhead

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Solemn Sloth posted:

I think it’s reasonable to eventually have a road use levy on EVs but not to enact it yet to give an incentive to converting :shrug:

If the problem is actually that revenue is being lost on fuel tax (it's not) the answer is to enact the road usage tax they are describing on *all* cars at a low level and increase it in line with adoption of electric vehicles.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

In fact (excluding hybrids and electrics) fuel excuse has dropped in per km terms for passenger vehicles by a huge amount since the 80s because cars have gotten far more efficient and the excise indexation was paused for a long time so has not kept pace with inflation.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

RichardA posted:

Hopefully. Interesting note: up until now Covid-hotel workers in sa haven't been tested on a schedule as a precautionary measure.

If you catch 100% of the cases in hotel covid within 4 days you don't actually need to test staff because contact tracing the people in isolation is pretty easy, however you pay for that with a larger spread that has to be contact traced.

It's the same logic that self isolation without symtoms with tests at day2 & day10 is fine even if you are isolating with family that aren't

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Urcher posted:

Edit: Landlords are already passing along stamp duty as much as they can. Assuming land tax gets set to be about the same as stamp duty but spread over time the amount of tax paid by landlords doesn't change.

I don't know about other states but WA does charge land tax to non owner-occupiers (but there are giant loopholes that let me slip through with no stamp duty and a land tax exemption on my investment property)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for October:

ANY gently caress

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for November:

Coal yeah

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Of course it will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Paywalled and the private-browsing google search trick didn't get past it.