Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

freebooter posted:

Can you name me anywhere else on the commercial networks that you'll see people discuss (for example) Indigenous discrimination from a remotely sympathetic perspective?

The Today Show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

qld postal vote applications are open

https://results.elections.qld.gov.au/Events/ElectorSearch?EventID=597&EventType=1

I know this because I got an Labor email trying to direct me to their own application page

starkebn
May 18, 2004

More *clap* white *clap* deaths *clap* in *clap* custody

starkebn
May 18, 2004

JBP posted:

At least the lightning has an actual chance if killing you, unlike the 1 in 20 million chance of dying to covid if you aren't an invalid.

A lot of people are getting hosed up by covid but don't get noticed because all people care about are the death statistics. There's more than "recovered" and "dead".

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Australians seem to delude ourselves thinking our country is less corrupt than what we think of other countries where you have to pay off the cops to not hassle you, and I guess we are in that regard, but the top end of society is just corrupt in every regard. It is so hosed.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

This country has such poo poo for a political system yet somehow manages to still be one of the best places to live in the world, in my opinion. Maybe I need to divorce myself from all news, because my social media feed just depresses me.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

expect it to all shake out with the greens having two seats and labor having 49. I guess it's possible the greens will get one more but I'm not holding my breath. Still a great result.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Peccadillo posted:

We're gonna invade, for democracy

"well if Trump won't concede defeat we should say something. Guys ... ?"

starkebn
May 18, 2004

hooman posted:

There's a difference between bodyshaming and mocking poor personal styling decisions.

Why mock it at all? Not much different to commenting on a female MP's wardrobe all the time, or calling out Jono Sri for a rainbow scarf.

I'm guilty of it too often myself, but it's something that seems really low ball to attack someone over.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Laserface posted:

nah gently caress that and gently caress you for suggesting it.

e: they can afford plugs or a razor so the options are there and they are choosing the most cowardly way of dealing with it.

Well, gently caress you for the gently caress you. Keep putting people down for how they look if you want, it just seems lame when their decisions are the real dogshit.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

hambeet posted:

"Victoria is a secular state. If equality is difficult for you, then that is on you. That is your issue and your problem.”

Context please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I think the predominance of Alcoholics Anonymous normalising that sort of thing for addiction treatment is a very deep hole society has yet to dig itself out of.

We need evidence based recovery models, not this poo poo.