Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

not predicting great things for australian politics over the next quarter. just a hunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The only thing I can come up with that is 'capable' of extinguishing a bushfire anywhere in Australia within an hour is an ICBM with some sort of fire-extinguishing warhead.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

abigserve posted:

I'm not super optimistic they will ever get to that goal but I am pretty positive that with the right people (FUND CSIRO YOU STUPID FUCKS I KNOW PLENTY OF PEOPLE THAT DREAM OF WORKING ON A LARGE SCALE SENSOR NETWORK LIKE THIS) working on it I think they could massively improve in this area

I'd take a job working on the anti-bushfire rocket.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

genious

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

cops were asking for it

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i'm woke biden

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

sometimes people just need to gently caress

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Maybe we should raise the corporate tax rate.

don't be crazy

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Laserface posted:

what really sucks is gigs. everything is sit down, reduced capacity. kinda killed my motivation to get back out there and support local music when they are only letting like 20 people into a venue and everything is ticketed.

I went from seeing 20+ bands a week to none :(

This is by far the most gently caress up part. I am at the point where I am willing to pay $70-80 to buy two tickets just to get a two-seat table at a show playing music in a genre that I mostly like. But those sort of tables sell out instantly, and 4, 6, 8 seat tables are the only ones that hang around for any length of time. My social life revolved around watching bands and going to social events in bars, and that still isn't happening. Last thing I did was wonder around Mardi Gras in February because I had the sense it would probably be the last thing I'd get to before COVID.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

that's a probe

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It isn't wholly a Tesla operation. The battery production unit is operated in partnership with Panasonic.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Anidav posted:

Did they make Caleb redundant?

I always thought of the guy as someone who emailed columns unsolicited to the editor and they decided to run them to fill space.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Knobb Manwich posted:

It's pretty loving wild to see two nations having a tiff over Twitter.

You seem to have forgotten the time an official Saudi Arabian account threatened Canada with a 9/11.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ShoeFly posted:

Does he always write like that? Single line sentences, what a horrible reading experience.

he is being ~~poetic~~

a real banjo paterson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Weird article to write after your kid has been on hormones for a year. So they fought with their kid to such an extent that a social worker intervened and it seems like there haven't been any regrets, or other major issues. I guess the material reality of the situation doesn't matter when you are obsessed with your bigotry.